Glen Cook's The Black Company series adaptation

SpaceChampion

Hard to imagine doing the series justice on a TV budget.  

Also, we used to get visits from an old manx tom that was missing an eye and most of an ear.  Of course I immediately dubbed him Toadkiller Dog, which my girls didn't find nearly as apropos  as I did because, duh, "he's not a dog, Dad.  Also, he's mean to Cobb and Spooky so stop feeding him."

Dubious that they can do this on a TV budget, as even Game of Thrones really struggled in the early seasons with accurately portraying the more epic stuff (see: Battle of the Blackwater) and I doubt this will have that kind of budget.  Plus I feel like this has a ton more crazy shit than Game of Thrones.

Still, loved the books so I'm willing to give it a shot.  The Last Kingdom doesn't have the best production values (the costumes and settings are fine but the battles are mostly underwhelming), and I've gotten hooked on that.  Telling an interesting story goes a long way even if the combat  kind of sucks.

O lordessa, Dushko is such a failure as an actress -- or just about anything.  I watched much of Dear Albania -- whatever it was -- documentary? -- actually it was state sponsored travelogue promoting tourism to Albania. Watching her and her mannerisms was unbearable. So was listening to her.  She was so awful in Bottle Rocket -- why does anyone sign her for anything?  Anything she's been in hasn't scored, other than Bottle Rocket -- but that was in spite of her.

She certainly means well, and has persistence, which is laudable.  But she's a terrible actress.

She was excellent in Buffy and Angel, but that was a long time ago. I haven't seen Dollhouse but her performance did get quite a bit of praise in that.

I do suspect that if they sell this to a network, the network might have a different actress in mind for the role of The Lady, as it's very difficult but a hugely juicy part for whoever nails it.

Archived