Ser Glendon Fireball

So where would you live ?

Ideally, the eldest son of a minor landed-knight on the Dornish coasts.

Failing that, and I think I'm the first to say this, a fisherman on the Iron Islands.

The Summer Islands. Far far away from the wars of Westeros, Ironborn, Mountain Tribes, Dothraki and probably not too threatened by slavers either.

But in Westeros...I don't really like warm weather too much but the North seems too far to the other end of the spectrum. The Riverlands and Vale seem best climate-wise but the Riverlands gets boned in every war and the Vale involves lots of hiking and dealing with tribesmen. So maybe White Harbour would be best?

Any man-made islands that were important to a timber industry by virtue of being along the longest river on a continent?

Far north. Cold marshlands. Humid as fuck. Etc... That's where I'd probably be. As the firstborn child of a local guild head.

Stormlands. Stannis seems to be by far the best lord in the South when it comes to treatment of common folk. Another option is North, but since I'm from southern Croatia I think it might be too dreary and bleary for me.

The Neck: largely unmapped, can’t be invaded by armies, plus interesting flora and fauna... and from time to time you might get the chance to shoot arrows at some Freys who make the mistake to come to close to your lands