Jump to content
Foot_Of_The_King

Who is Haldon Halfmaester?

Recommended Posts

On 12/16/2018 at 12:22 AM, Jova Snow said:

Still not convinced sorry, there is also the fact Arya being Arry and Gendry noticing who she is, Jon and the Wildling girls who disguise as boys. In Arya's case it was peeing that gave her away but Jon just looks at two little girls and is like nope they are female. How did Alleras managed to hide he is female when we know he isn't a child like Arya but old enough to have to her periods? What will he do if there was blood stains? "Oops...?" What if she is busty? Does she constantly bind herself to hide her breasts? Which is uncomfortable.

Your clues is why I said Alleras it too in your face. 

I think she's definitely Sarella, and that certain secret identities are obvious in order to lull readers into a self-satisfied sense of "OK, I get what's going on here." You're supposed to guess Sarella, but the legions of people who consequently argue against other more subtle secret identities because they're not as obvious as Sarella/Alleras are playing right into GRRM's giggling hands.

Alleras, in particular, is as she is (i.e. obvious) because there are multiple secret Martells in the story, including her great-uncle, Archmaester Marwyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 6:40 AM, sweetsunray said:

I agree Daario is the Blackfyre.

But I mean for Aegon... it's quite obvious that Young Griff is Aegon from the get go.

There's a bunch of evidence tying Daario to the Blackfyres, but there's a better answer.

 

 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:26 AM, sweetsunray said:

As for beign distracted away from the gravedigger... once pointed out to you, and you checked it, you can argue it's "too much on the nose" as well. Once you figure it out or someone points it out to you, it becomes obvious.

On a first read, Alleras cannot be as obvious as you claim it to be though, since it's a prologue chapter, and you haven't been introduced to Doran, Arianne, anyone from Dorne, and you know nothing about Sarella's "games"in Oldtown. It's only through the Dornish chapters that you figure out that Alleras is one of the Viper's children.

Sandor's not the gravedigger. I'm about to post stuff about this. I actually quote some of your shit in that post, @sweetsunray

 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:39 AM, Jova Snow said:

I didn't meant you said probably I am the one who doubts Aegon could be fake, though we are never told Sarella's game involves Old Town. Think about House Martell we learn from the day Elia and her children died they tried to bring down House Lannister. That's their game, and that game involves Sand Snakes and their thirst for vengeance as well. Who doomed Tyrion at the end of his trial? Wasn't it Shae? Who insisted to see the pigeon cake at Joffrey's wedding and helped Sansa get dressed? Wasn't it Shae? Who Tywin was at his last moments? Shae. 

Shae being aMartell=ish... :D Doesn't mean she's Sarella, though.

 

 

On 12/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, sweetsunray said:

 

The agent for Dorne in all of this is Lemore (and possibly Haldon) imo (and not Ashara). The Viper was in Essos with different free companies so he has friends and connections in the Golden Company. He somehow got wind of Varys recruiting people and why. Since Aegon's Elia's kid, and Elia and Oberyn were close, he wanted people he could trust in there. Tyene's mom was barred from being a septa because of her affair and child with Oberyn, so he visits Tyene's mom in the Reach with Arianne and Tyene (a cover to make it appear it was only a family visit), and recruits her to become Aegon's Septa (she dyes her hair as cover) and send him word whether this is legit or not. Arianne cannot recognize Haldon, but she would recognize Lemore when she arrives in Storm's End. For Arianne and consequentionally Doran, Lemore's word will seal the deal whether she believes Aegon to be the real thing and send word "dragon" to Doran.

 

Doran's "friend at court" was Taena. It's all in the nipples.

IMO you're being led astray re: the Reach visit, just as GRRM intended The specific language used there is critical to understanding what was meant by a visit (and to realizing who gave birth to Tyene.)

On 12/16/2018 at 11:24 AM, Jova Snow said:

Maybe though I believe Margaery's Septa could be Tyene's mother and it seems like Lemore is part of the company for a long time to speak Connington that they shouldn't reveal Aegon's identity to the Sellswords. And Oberyn didn't have any patient to stick to something long, if they knew about Aegon being Elia's son they won't try a marriage pact with Quentyn or Oberyn won't talk about Dornish law and Myrcella. Dorne has no ties to Aegon and company. 

Margaery's Septa being Tyene's mother = big time red herring. I talk about Nysterica (and the Waynwoods) at the end of this huge thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, Seams said:

Returning to the subject of Haldon.

Because of your excellent insights here, I went back to re-read ADwD, Chap. 8 (Tyrion III). I was immediately struck by the strong parallels to ASoS, Chap. 13 (Arya II).

 

Good shit. Also tons of evocative parallels to Jon's climb with Stonesnake, Brienne's journey through the Riverlands and Arianne's rainwoods stuff in her second TWOW chapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duck has a lot in common with Dunk an if we run with that we get:

Duck = Dunk

Aegon = Egg

Lemore = Tanselle (on account that she is the only female character whose name is mentioned in all three novellas) lady Rohanne might fit better, in having given birth and not being very shy, though. 

Haldon = ser Arlan of Pennytree (taught Dunk  everything he knows)

 

So, Haldon Hersey maybe?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sigella said:

Duck has a lot in common with Dunk an if we run with that we get:

Duck = Dunk

Aegon = Egg

Lemore = Tanselle (on account that she is the only female character whose name is mentioned in all three novellas) lady Rohanne might fit better, in having given birth and not being very shy, though. 

Haldon = ser Arlan of Pennytree (taught Dunk  everything he knows)

 

So, Haldon Hersey maybe?

 

 

I love the Lemore/Tanselle/Webber connection thank you for giving me more Aegon Northern clues 

:bowdown:

Are there any Maesters mentioned in Dunk&Egg stories? (Beside Aemon?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

I love the Lemore/Tanselle/Webber connection thank you for giving me more Aegon Northern clues 

:bowdown:

Are there any Maesters mentioned in Dunk&Egg stories? (Beside Aemon?) 

The only maester is the one at Whitewalls that scolds Dunk for being ”deaf to sense” after the snail strikes him in the head :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sigella said:

The only maester is the one at Whitewalls that scolds Dunk for being ”deaf to sense” after the snail strikes him in the head :) 

There's a giant thing with a maester in The Sworn Sword. Prolly ironborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M_Tootles said:

There's a giant thing with a maester in The Sworn Sword. Prolly ironborn.

Oh, you're right, how could I forget septon Sefton, the happy drunkard? :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sigella said:

The only maester is the one at Whitewalls that scolds Dunk for being ”deaf to sense” after the snail strikes him in the head :) 

Oh well that's something Haldon would do lmao Duck and him don't seem to get along that well :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sigella said:

Duck has a lot in common with Dunk and if we run with that we get:

Duck = Dunk

Aegon = Egg

Lemore = Tanselle (on account that she is the only female character whose name is mentioned in all three novellas) lady Rohanne might fit better, in having given birth and not being very shy, though. 

Haldon = ser Arlan of Pennytree (taught Dunk  everything he knows)

So, Haldon Hersey maybe?

Sorry, this doesn't feel right to me. Rolly "Duck" Duckfield lets Tyrion know right away that he is a knight. This is major difference from Ser Duncan the Tall, who regularly dissembles to keep from having to admit that he is (or isn't) an actual knight. 

Jon Connington is a closer match to the character and purpose of Dunk, if we are supposed to draw a parallel between this Aegon arc and the Dunk & Egg stories. He is "chosen" to mentor a hidden king. But that doesn't feel right to me, either - Connington was highborn. Being lowborn is significant to Dunk's identity and persona.

Maybe you can cite details or passages from the texts that are not apparent to me, but I don't see a Lemore / Tanselle parallel, either. Tanselle is a mysterious, magical painter of shields and manipulator of dragon puppets. She is notable for her height. I don't see that kind of activity or physical details from Lemore. We see her swimming and sewing. The swimming strikes me as related to bathing, which is a major motif in The Sworn Sword with a character like Ser Bennis avoiding bathing and Dunk taking three baths before his combat in the Chequy Water. (In The Hedge Knight, there are references to the Florian and Jonquil story, which I believe is a variation on the Ser Galladon / maiden story that gives Maidenpool its name - the story begins when the knight sees the maiden bathing.) 

If the bathing symbolism is our starting point, then Tyrion is the Dunk figure in this story arc. He jumps in the river and then falls in the river, kind of like Dunk looking forward to jumping in the Chequy Water, taking baths and drowning (before being revived) in his fight with Inchfield. There is the whole "giant of Lannister" motif connected to Tyrion, which might be an ironic reference to Dunk's height. I realize Tyrion is highborn, but GRRM is playing with the notion of "smallfolk" by making Tyrion a dwarf - he is both highborn and small at the same time. Tyrion has never been knighted but he becomes a sellsword, participates in combat and jousts (with Penny in the mummer act). 

Ysilla and Yandry are more likely parallels to Ser Arlan. They are from an old, traditional people of the Rhoyne (= Celtic fair folk) and are able to guide characters across mystical barriers. They also have little to say directly, other than sharing traditional stories, feeding people and guiding the boat, and remain somewhat in the background while events play out among their passengers.

Haldon might be parallel to Ser Bennis of the Brownshield. He is kind of a leach attached to Ser Eustace Osgrey. His nominal role is to protect Osgrey and Standfast after the Red Widow kills one of Osgrey's servants for poaching but he mostly sits around, insults everyone and talks about enjoying eating the chicken eggs available at Standfast. Ser Bennis disappears about the same time that Dunk kills Inchfield, who is an allegorical figure (I believe) personifying the dam. I haven't quite pinned down Bennis, but he is another allegorical figure who might represent The Others or disease or general stagnance. (He is unable to cross the Chequy Water except when he accompanies Dunk. When Inchfield (= the dam) is removed, Bennis is either liberated or he knows he has to flee. He takes Osgrey's treasured chalice and other valuables when he escapes.

I guess we will know more if Bennis turns up in a future Dunk & Egg story or if Haldon makes another appearance in ASOIAF, but I believe Haldon's purpose is over once we see Aegon and Connington return to Westeros. Like Bennis, he (she?) can disappear and take his snide attitude with him.

Edit: Another thought occurs to me about Haldon. For no apparent reason, soon after they are introduced, he quizzes Tyrion about an historical event involving a dragon. Tyrion shows that he understands the history better than Haldon does, as Haldon relied on a flawed history written by a historian while Tyrion understands more about who was on which side of the war, which dragon rider was bonded with which dragon, and where the historian made a mistake. Haldon passively reads books; Tyrion will soon write his own book about dragons (to give Aegon a true education). 

This might actually hint at a comparison between Haldon and Ser Eustace, who is obsessed with the dusty family heirlooms he keeps in his solar, but who is trying to live in an alternate world where Daemon Blackfyre was the rightful king and where his daughter didn't die and could marry someone like Dunk. Haldon may be learned, but he is not wise if he can't spot an error in a written history. 

Haldon also tells Tyrion that some of the six chests Illyrio has sent along with them contain clothes to wear when the traveling group meets Daenerys Targaryen. People who are overly concerned with fancy clothing are actually the opposite of what would impress Dany - she likes her riding leathers or the Dothraki idea of going naked and she hates the Tokar and the too-small shoes sent to her by King Cleon. (Eustace thinks he is doing Dunk a big favor by giving him a wool cloak to wear on an incredibly hot day - the last thing Dunk really wants to wear.) 

I think one of Haldon's purposes in the story may be to remind us of what is passe and unimportant and harmful - clinging to the past; worrying about formality in a time of crisis; repeating errors to the point that people take them for fact. 

Edited by Seams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

Are there any Maesters mentioned in Dunk&Egg stories? (Beside Aemon?) 

 

5 hours ago, M_Tootles said:

There's a giant thing with a maester in The Sworn Sword. Prolly ironborn.

The Ironborn maester in The Sworn Sword is named Cerrick. He brings Dunk back to life after he drowns and suffers injuries in his single combat with Lucas "Longinch" Inchfield. He tells Dunk that he has special abilities to help drowned men because of his Ironborn background. (Unspoken but implied for the reader is that Dunk really did die and his revival fits with the Drowned God motto, "What's dead can never die.") 

Egg has also acquired a mule named Maester in this story, a gift from his brother Aemon. We are told that the mule can carry heavy barrels of wine, but is anxious to reach his destination and unload them.

While Cerrick is a specialist in water, Septon Sefton is a big fan of wine. I believe he has wine stains on his clothes, if I'm not mistaken, although maybe that is Bennis I'm remembering. Wine stains tend to be Bloodraven allusions, I would guess, and wine and water seem to be opposites in the books. 

I believe someone mentioned up the thread that Septa Lemore is the one who revives Tyrion after the stone man knocks him into the river? She is already associated with birth because of the stretch marks; reviving Tyrion is a rebirth. She also seems to have immunity or perhaps affinity for water, demonstrated in her daily swims in the river.

And my old canard: There's also some potential wordplay and symbolism around the sewing Lemore does with Tyrion - a pun on "sew" and "sewer" links Tyrion's work to oversee the drains and cisterns at Casterly Rock. Clearing out sewers results in improved "flow" and that brings us back to rivers as well as "wolf" and "fowl" wordplay. The sewing with Tyrion also links Lemore to Septa Mordane, who teaches key characters how to sew. 

We should probably examine Septon Chayle alongside these characters. He is the Septon brought to Winterfell to allow Catelyn to follow her faith. He also works in the library and we see him waking up after Tyrion's long night in the library tower in a scene that sounds as if he has been underwater. Theon will try to execute Chayle by throwing him in a well, but Chayle has told Bran that he is a skilled swimmer, having grown up on the banks of the White Knife river. A Septon Chayle later appears at Castle Black, although I don't know if it's the same one who was at Winterfell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seams said:

Edit: Another thought occurs to me about Haldon. For no apparent reason, soon after they are introduced, he quizzes Tyrion about an historical event involving a dragon. Tyrion shows that he understands the history better than Haldon does, as Haldon relied on a flawed history written by a historian while Tyrion understands more about who was on which side of the war, which dragon rider was bonded with which dragon, and where the historian made a mistake. Haldon passively reads books; Tyrion will soon write his own book about dragons (to give Aegon a true education).

Tyrion has been placed with Aegon's group under the excuse he is an expert on dragons. Haldon is testing Tyrion's knowledge. They are having Tyrion write about dragons in an effort to make him useful during the trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seams said:

Sorry, this doesn't feel right to me. Rolly "Duck" Duckfield lets Tyrion know right away that he is a knight. This is major difference from Ser Duncan the Tall, who regularly dissembles to keep from having to admit that he is (or isn't) an actual knight. 

Jon Connington is a closer match to the character and purpose of Dunk, if we are supposed to draw a parallel between this Aegon arc and the Dunk & Egg stories. He is "chosen" to mentor a hidden king. But that doesn't feel right to me, either - Connington was highborn. Being lowborn is significant to Dunk's identity and persona.

Maybe you can cite details or passages from the texts that are not apparent to me, but I don't see a Lemore / Tanselle parallel, either. Tanselle is a mysterious, magical painter of shields and manipulator of dragon puppets. She is notable for her height. I don't see that kind of activity or physical details from Lemore. We see her swimming and sewing. The swimming strikes me as related to bathing, which is a major motif in The Sworn Sword with a character like Ser Bennis avoiding bathing and Dunk taking three baths before his combat in the Chequy Water. (In The Hedge Knight, there are references to the Florian and Jonquil story, which I believe is a variation on the Ser Galladon / maiden story that gives Maidenpool its name - the story begins when the knight sees the maiden bathing.) 

If the bathing symbolism is our starting point, then Tyrion is the Dunk figure in this story arc. He jumps in the river and then falls in the river, kind of like Dunk looking forward to jumping in the Chequy Water, taking baths and drowning (before being revived) in his fight with Inchfield. There is the whole "giant of Lannister" motif connected to Tyrion, which might be an ironic reference to Dunk's height. I realize Tyrion is highborn, but GRRM is playing with the notion of "smallfolk" by making Tyrion a dwarf - he is both highborn and small at the same time. Tyrion has never been knighted but he becomes a sellsword, participates in combat and jousts (with Penny in the mummer act). 

Ysilla and Yandry are more likely parallels to Ser Arlan. They are from an old, traditional people of the Rhoyne (= Celtic fair folk) and are able to guide characters across mystical barriers. They also have little to say directly, other than sharing traditional stories, feeding people and guiding the boat, and remain somewhat in the background while events play out among their passengers.

Haldon might be parallel to Ser Bennis of the Brownshield. He is kind of a leach attached to Ser Eustace Osgrey. His nominal role is to protect Osgrey and Standfast after the Red Widow kills one of Osgrey's servants for poaching but he mostly sits around, insults everyone and talks about enjoying eating the chicken eggs available at Standfast. Ser Bennis disappears about the same time that Dunk kills Inchfield, who is an allegorical figure (I believe) personifying the dam. I haven't quite pinned down Bennis, but he is another allegorical figure who might represent The Others or disease or general stagnance. (He is unable to cross the Chequy Water except when he accompanies Dunk. When Inchfield (= the dam) is removed, Bennis is either liberated or he knows he has to flee. He takes Osgrey's treasured chalice and other valuables when he escapes.

I guess we will know more if Bennis turns up in a future Dunk & Egg story or if Haldon makes another appearance in ASOIAF, but I believe Haldon's purpose is over once we see Aegon and Connington return to Westeros. Like Bennis, he (she?) can disappear and take his snide attitude with him.

Edit: Another thought occurs to me about Haldon. For no apparent reason, soon after they are introduced, he quizzes Tyrion about an historical event involving a dragon. Tyrion shows that he understands the history better than Haldon does, as Haldon relied on a flawed history written by a historian while Tyrion understands more about who was on which side of the war, which dragon rider was bonded with which dragon, and where the historian made a mistake. Haldon passively reads books; Tyrion will soon write his own book about dragons (to give Aegon a true education). 

This might actually hint at a comparison between Haldon and Ser Eustace, who is obsessed with the dusty family heirlooms he keeps in his solar, but who is trying to live in an alternate world where Daemon Blackfyre was the rightful king and where his daughter didn't die and could marry someone like Dunk. Haldon may be learned, but he is not wise if he can't spot an error in a written history. 

Haldon also tells Tyrion that some of the six chests Illyrio has sent along with them contain clothes to wear when the traveling group meets Daenerys Targaryen. People who are overly concerned with fancy clothing are actually the opposite of what would impress Dany - she likes her riding leathers or the Dothraki idea of going naked and she hates the Tokar and the too-small shoes sent to her by King Cleon. (Eustace thinks he is doing Dunk a big favor by giving him a wool cloak to wear on an incredibly hot day - the last thing Dunk really wants to wear.) 

I think one of Haldon's purposes in the story may be to remind us of what is passe and unimportant and harmful - clinging to the past; worrying about formality in a time of crisis; repeating errors to the point that people take them for fact. 

No, I stand by Duck, his name, his look, his nature - all screams Dunk parallell to me. 

Im not confident on Tanselle but she is the only female character mentioned in all novellas. The nice part would be that she disappear in Dorne like Ashara, thin as it is.

Jon Con = BR (think JonCon staying awake at night to keep watch on the boat

Eustace = Homeless Harry (both the dwelling and a bit sensitive type)

Bennis = the smelly comic dwarf that stole the dragon egg at Whitwalls (on account of stealing and smelling bad)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 5:58 PM, Wolfkin said:

This reminds me, Ser Willem Darry and 4 others, broke into the nursery to remove Dany and Viserys from Dragonstone and then off to Braavos. Did we ever learn who the other 4 were who helped them escape? I would think Varys and Illyrio would be more trusting of any of those that were there in the beginning, so to speak. Just a thought.

I don't believe we ever learn the identities of the other 4 in the stories. Surprisingly not a lot of discussion on them as far as I can recall.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, M_Tootles said:

I think she's definitely Sarella, and that certain secret identities are obvious in order to lull readers into a self-satisfied sense of "OK, I get what's going on here." You're supposed to guess Sarella, but the legions of people who consequently argue against other more subtle secret identities because they're not as obvious as Sarella/Alleras are playing right into GRRM's giggling hands.

Alleras, in particular, is as she is (i.e. obvious) because there are multiple secret Martells in the story, including her great-uncle, Archmaester Marwyn.

I had Marwyn pegged as the secret lovechild of Lewyn Martell and Olenna Redwynne. Some things hint towards it but its rather crackpot all things considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

I don't believe we ever learn the identities of the other 4 in the stories. Surprisingly not a lot of discussion on them as far as I can recall.

I had Marwyn pegged as the secret lovechild of Lewyn Martell and Olenna Redwynne. Some things hint towards it but its rather crackpot all things considered.

Lewyn is only 44. The Waynwoods (25 year old Roland and his 16-ish uncle Wallace) explain how that can be WITHOUT EVEN RESORTING TO "the Lord remarried a much younger woman".

But the shit I'm going to publish next will address Olenna's lovechild(ren) and connect it/them with the Martells, although not in the usual Lewyn-Olenna way.

Edited by M_Tootles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 4:45 PM, Sigella said:

Duck has a lot in common with Dunk an if we run with that we get:

Duck = Dunk

Aegon = Egg

Lemore = Tanselle (on account that she is the only female character whose name is mentioned in all three novellas) lady Rohanne might fit better, in having given birth and not being very shy, though. 

Haldon = ser Arlan of Pennytree (taught Dunk  everything he knows)

 

So, Haldon Hersey maybe?

 

 

Those are just occasions of narrative parallels right? You're not suggesting they ARE those people.

Oooorrr, was that a hilarious joke that I initially didn't get because sarcasm is difficult to pick up on in text form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 5:36 PM, M_Tootles said:

Lewyn is only 44. The Waynwoods (25 year old Roland and his 16-ish uncle Wallace) explain how that can be WITHOUT EVEN RESORTING TO "the Lord remarried a much younger woman".

But the shit I'm going to publish next will address Olenna's lovechild(ren) and connect it/them with the Martells, although not in the usual Lewyn-Olenna way.

 

Lewyn is only 44 by your estimation. Not canonically.

Also I think the Elder Brother is actually Jonothor Darry not Lewyn Martell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 2:39 AM, Jova Snow said:

I didn't meant you said probably I am the one who doubts Aegon could be fake, though we are never told Sarella's game involves Old Town. Think about House Martell we learn from the day Elia and her children died they tried to bring down House Lannister. That's their game, and that game involves Sand Snakes and their thirst for vengeance as well. Who doomed Tyrion at the end of his trial? Wasn't it Shae? Who insisted to see the pigeon cake at Joffrey's wedding and helped Sansa get dressed? Wasn't it Shae? Who Tywin was at his last moments? Shae. 

Not outright. But we are told that

a) one of the Sandsnakes, who is not Obara nor Nymeria, loves Oldtown,

b) Sarella is the one Sandsnake not in Dorne,

c) she is of a studious and curious nature.

 
Quote

"Obara would have me go to war."

Nym laughed. "Yes, she wants to set the torch to Oldtown. She hates that city as much as our little sister loves it."
 
"And you?"

 

 

Quote

"As my prince commands." His heart was troubled. My little princess will mislike this. "What of Sarella? She is a woman grown, almost twenty."

"Unless she returns to Dorne, there's naught I can do about Sarella save pray that she shows more sense than her sisters. Leave her to her . . . game. Gather up the others. I shall not sleep until I know that they are safe and under guard."

 

 

Quote

"My uncle brought me here, with Tyene and Sarella." The memory made Arianne smile. "He caught some vipers and showed Tyene the safest way to milk them for their venom. Sarella turned over rocks, brushed sand off the mosaics, and wanted to know everything there was to know about the people who had lived here."

And the name reversal. And the fact Alleras is from Dorne. And is nicknamed the sphinx. And Alleras's mother was also a trader. I think there is overwhelming evidence of who she really is and I would be absolutely shocked if it is not revealed. There is something major about to happen in Oldtown with the faceless men, Euron and now Sam and Sarrela involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Makk said:

Not outright. But we are told that

a) one of the Sandsnakes, who is not Obara nor Nymeria, loves Oldtown,

b) Sarella is the one Sandsnake not in Dorne,

c) she is of a studious and curious nature.

 

 

 

And the name reversal. And the fact Alleras is from Dorne. And is nicknamed the sphinx. And Alleras's mother was also a trader. I think there is overwhelming evidence of who she really is and I would be absolutely shocked if it is not revealed. There is something major about to happen in Oldtown with the faceless men, Euron and now Sam and Sarrela involved.

Wouldn't Tyene love Old Town since her mother was a Septa? I have no problem with Alleras being Sarella I just think it has no importance to the story for him to have a secret identity, he is just a Dornish - Summer Islander written as a red herring imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×