Star Wars Novels/Graphical Novels 2

TheRevanchist

10 hours ago, Werthead said:

However, it has nothing which is worse than Chuck Wendig's novels (which make even Anderson's books look amazing in comparison)

I will never understand the hate for these books. I enjoyed every single book in this trilogy and its Neal Stephenson-like prose, circa Cryptonomicon. 

17 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

o.O Wow thanks.

Ooooo Star Wars short story collections. Those are always a hoot.

Edit: I wonder if we will ever get any post Ep 9 content.

My pleasure! :D

There's something called 'Project Luminous' that's due to be announced - if not launch outright - soon. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Project_Luminous

16 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

o.O Wow thanks.

Ooooo Star Wars short story collections. Those are always a hoot.

Edit: I wonder if we will ever get any post Ep 9 content.

That includes the new Poe Dameron retcon novel they've had to write because Rise of Skywalker completely pissed all over the backstory the previous novels and comics had carefully set up for him because Abrams.

"Canon."

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

That includes the new Poe Dameron retcon novel they've had to write because Rise of Skywalker completely pissed all over the backstory the previous novels and comics had carefully set up for him because Abrams.

"Canon."

For those reading this and wondering just how many media tie-ins Poe appears in:

Poe appears in a fair number of comic books and YA books, and has only one appearance in an "adult" book - Rebecca Roanhorse's Resistance Reborn (which I've not yet read). 

16 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ugh, that pissed me off so much. The new EU was starting to get really good and COHERENT with everything tied together then TROS shit all over it.

It seems like a...kind of minor detail? 

Like, he could have whatever else his past was, plus a brief stint doing...other stuff.

7 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

It seems like a...kind of minor detail? 

Like, he could have whatever else his past was, plus a brief stint doing...other stuff.

No, his entire past has been extremely covered in the comics, and the whole thing just doesn't fit his character AT ALL. But it gave us Babu Frick so it's ok.

Anyway the rumor is project luminous is going to be set 300 or so years before Ep 1, so I doubt that will have any post Ep 9 stuff, but who the fork knows at this point?

17 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

No, his entire past has been extremely covered in the comics, and the whole thing just doesn't fit his character AT ALL. But it gave us Babu Frick so it's ok.

Isn't the Lucasfilm Story Group supposed to be in charge of ensuring that narrative inconsistencies *don't* happen? 

55 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Anyway the rumor is project luminous is going to be set 300 or so years before Ep 1, so I doubt that will have any post Ep 9 stuff, but who the fork knows at this point?

I thought something 300 years prior to episode 1 was the rumoured timeframe for one of the future films?

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I thought something 300 years prior to episode 1 was the rumoured timeframe for one of the future films?

400 is what I've seen. But post-Disney buy-out, the details regarding the Old Republic/High Republic have gotten all confusing to me.

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah its rumored to be tied to project luminous as well, but no one knows.

7 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

So what happened there, with them not, y'know, being keepers of internal consistency?

No one knows but the rumor is the writers of Ep 9 pretty much did whatever the hell they wanted and because of all the secrecy surrounding the film the story group basically had no idea what the film was even going to be about. I mean, a bit of ranting here, but if you read any of the interviews with Terrio  Terio? Whatever his name, he obviously knows jack shit about any Star Wars expanded lore.

Archived