13 Reasons Netflix

It had some weak parts, iirc some of the blame casting and a some of the suspense felt a bit forced, but overall I was hooked as well. After like 4 episodes I thought it started to drag, but then it changed gears and good all the way through.

18 minutes ago, Mikael said:

It had some weak parts, iirc some of the blame casting and a some of the suspense felt a bit forced, but overall I was hooked as well. After like 4 episodes I thought it started to drag, but then it changed gears and good all the way through.

i kind of dislike the girl who made the tapes so far. HS wasnt THAT long ago for me, so i can relate to the plot. But so far she casts blame on alot of people, some of which i think is unfair. not finished yet though.

Apparently it has been renewed for a second season, normally, I wouldn't watch a second season of a show that obviously should be self contained, but the ending kind of almost made me interested, so I'll give it a chance.

Good show, 7/10. It started out good and the last three episode were very powerful, but in between that it dragged quite a bit.

The girl who played Hannah is a fine actress but the dude they cast as Clay is horrendous. He has more or less the same expression on his face the whole 13 hours, almost ruins the whole show.

Spoiler

The suicide scene in the last episode sent chills down my spine. I thought modern culture had made me immune to on-screen violence and gore, but that scene was so intensely intimate. God damn...

I watched the whole series in just over 24 hours this past weekend. The more I think about it, the better I think it is.

First of all, I do not think that it glorifies suicide, at all. I think it shows how it affects everyone who is left behind and it also shows that there are people who care and people who want to help.

It also does a good job of showing (as well as telling) that you never know what a person is dealing with that you are unaware of and that we should try not to judge others.

I think it is quite an honest portrayal of how fucking awful people can be to each other. What I think is quite cleverly done is that Hannah is actually annoying and at times unsympathetic. The producers could have created a wholly blameless 'perfect' character who would be practically canonised after her death but instead what they did was create an ordinary character who made poor choices, did stupid things, (and had some fucking awful things done to her obviously) and this illustrates the fact that even if you are annoying or immature or whatever then YOU STILL DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE AWFUL THINGS DONE TO YOU.

I'm halfway through the season and I'm sort of enjoying it ( my other half really likes it hence why I'm watching). Have to say I actually think Clay is a decent actor, doesn't have a huge amount of range, but he has a face for tv (even if hes probably a midget) and a good tv voice. Maybe the show would work better with someone with more charisma and who was a bit geekier, but I don't think the show was going for that. 

Overall I think its clearly a show for teens, what with all the voice overs and repetition and daft turns of events and characters, but its still got enough of a hook to make you want to watch it till the end

Finished it. 

Overall a satisfying, if rather preachy show, that veered over into public information services one or two times. I'm a little concerned they are pushing to add a second season and added some threads to the end that don't need further story. It detracted from the final episode which could have been a lot stronger if they'd closed everything.

Archived