Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

T-Tar is also back.   I was very happy to see him.  I just need to catch a couple.

TTAR didn't leave other than that Gen1 event for a couple weeks. He's just pretty rare; all Tier 4 raids are the rarest of the lot, as they spawn less than any other type (including legendaries) AND there are 4 that can be selected instead of just 1. Basically TTAR is about 8-9 times less likely to spawn than any Tier 5 raid.

This was a disappointing event compared to the Mareep community day. First of all, there weren’t as many Charmanders as there were Mareep, and there weren’t as many good Charmanders. The last time there were tons of them right until the last moment, and then they vanished. This time they petered out a good 15 or 20 minutes before the end. I hung out right to the end because everyone said in the last half hour they found the best Mon in the park where I was hunting. Bah!

I did two raids for Ho-ohs, caught the first but it was lower CP and second ranked for me. There was a lucky guy who got a shiny!

At the second raid the Ho-oh  was top ranked, almost 300 CP higher, but even though I hit it with nice and great shots, I could not do an excellent, and sadly it got away from me. 

I also found out that if in a raid your mom is a shiny, using a pinap berry you have a 100% catch rate.

On the bright side of things, I hatched 2 10K eggs and got Larvitars. A 3rd 10K hatch was the worst in history, a second rank Feebas with a crap CP!

This was only my second community day, I look forward to the next!

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

This was a disappointing event compared to the Mareep community day. First of all, there weren’t as many Charmanders as there were Mareep, and there weren’t as many good Charmanders. The last time there were tons of them right until the last moment, and then they vanished. This time they petered out a good 15 or 20 minutes before the end. I hung out right to the end because everyone said in the last half hour they found the best Mon in the park where I was hunting. Bah!

On the bright side of things, I hatched 2 10K eggs and got Larvitars. A 3rd 10K hatch was the worst in history, a second rank Feebas with a crap CP!

This was only my second community day, I look forward to the next!

Sorry to hear your Community Day wasn't as good- here I felt like we had a good amount of Charmanders till the end, though maybe not as many as the Mareep or Dratini day. I got two really good shinies, so I'm happy! For what it's worth, I hear it's better to avoid parks, because the nest spawns can override the Community Day spawns. I usually go to a university campus/downtown area with lots of stops.

Could Feebas ever be one of the worst hatches in history? Milotic is such a cool Pokemon and a great defender- I don't know about you, but I don't see many of them around in the wild and I'm always grateful when I hatch one. Compared to other things that have come out of 10k eggs (Sudowoodu, Skarmory, Gligar back in the day, hell, even Mareerp now that we've had the community day) I'd say Feebas is damn good!

@Denvek Oh no! That really sucks... I don't really understand why they'd put them on weekdays during the day. I'm sorry, I don't think there's a way of exchanging ex-passes.

27 minutes ago, Denvek said:

Got my first ex raid pass today and it's scheduled for a weekday. Is there anything you can do to help get a pass for a time you can actually make?

Here they are always on Mondays at 1:30. Some people give their phone to a trusted friend. :)

6 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Sorry to hear your Community Day wasn't as good- here I felt like we had a good amount of Charmanders till the end, though maybe not as many as the Mareep or Dratini day. I got two really good shinies, so I'm happy! For what it's worth, I hear it's better to avoid parks, because the nest spawns can override the Community Day spawns. I usually go to a university campus/downtown area with lots of stops.

Could Feebas ever be one of the worst hatches in history? Milotic is such a cool Pokemon and a great defender- I don't know about you, but I don't see many of them around in the wild and I'm always grateful when I hatch one. Compared to other things that have come out of 10k eggs (Sudowoodu, Skarmory, Gligar back in the day, hell, even Mareerp now that we've had the community day) I'd say Feebas is damn good!

I have hatched two Feebas from 10k eggs, this one Certainly Caught My Attention, 110 CP, IV range 57 to 82.2. Most of the time with 2nd ranks I find the level is not the best number, but I expect it won't be the worst. And a wonder at 118 and a range of 77 to 88.9. I caught a giant in the wild, 163 CP with an IV range of 82.2 to 86.5, for a total of 12 caught. The rest I discarded.

The other surprise was that half an hour into CD, some pokestops were still sending out regular field research instead of catch 3 Charmanders. Every pokestop the last time was catch 3 Mareep, and I replenished my pokeballs with the catches.

Btw, in terms of field research, Hatch 5 eggs gives you a Chansey, and throw 3 Excellents in a row (can't remember if that's curveballs) gives you a Larvitar. I still do not consistently throw excellents, and 3 in a row is a dream.

The best thing about Field Research is the fact that I can now regularly throw a curveball, with the accompanying bonus of 10% more stardust. That helps. And the extra points! Now that I am trying for level 37, the points are very important! And more so for 38, 39 and 40!

Lol, three excellent curveballs in a row :D

That said, got 10 ultraballs today from three great curveballs in a row, was neat. 

I'll echo the 10k post, I've hatched so many Sudowoodos and Mantines a crap Feebas sounds wonderful :D

Looking forward to the next community day, might as well start saving balls now.

I managed to do the three excellents in a row quest once, during the event when Wailmers with their nice big catch circles were everywhere. Now I just toss 'em- with Tyranitar raids out there, it doesn't seem worth the aggravation to get a six Larvitar candy and a level 15 Larvitar.

21 hours ago, Denvek said:

Got my first ex raid pass today and it's scheduled for a weekday. Is there anything you can do to help get a pass for a time you can actually make?

Change jobs so you don't work on Monday?

I'm pretty surprised at the Alolan announcement. That's super soon.

We got so many Charmanders I was able to evolve both the best shiny to Charazard and a regular Charmander, and power them both up to max, on both mine and my son's accounts (and doing 2 at once meant I took longer with each group, so I could have had even more). It was one of the best community days I've seen.  I had 3 shinny's (the last one was just a 10cp, but the 1st one was in the 500's) so I now have the whole set in shiny. I got 2 for my son.

I missed the Mareep community day though, so I'm not sure if this one was better or not.  It was slightly better than Dratini, and a hell of a lot better than Bulbasauar.

19 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Surfing raichu! White vulpix and snowy ninetails! Dugtrios with goldilocks! Black rats and white meowths and Persians!

Buy, buy, buy more bag space!

https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/alolan-forms-are-coming-to-pokemon-go/

Images: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regional_variant

Archived