USA VS EUROPE

hitman47

18 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Today I found a 50 Cent Euro mixed in with the change I got from a gas station. What the hell is this? A prelude to invasion?

We can neither confirm nor deny that Operation Trickle Down is in effect.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:00 PM, lacuna said:

We can neither confirm nor deny that Operation Trickle Down is in effect.

Careful now. President Trump is fully prepared to respond to any European aggression with a massive attack on Canada, Australia, and Belize. (Consider yourself lucky New Zealand. He thinks you're a fantasy land made up for Lord of the Rings). 

On 11/05/2017 at 3:25 PM, Rippounet said:

For the drinking contests on the other hand, I would say Europeans would win hands down. With the beer drinkers (Germans, British, Czechs, Belgians... ), the wine drinkers (French, Italian... ) and the Eastern Europeans who can kill entire bottles of vodka or other spirits, I don't see how the American teams would be able to compete.

(sorry for the double-post).

Funnily, I've recently discovered how true that was. I've often heard that American cannot hold their liquor, but always put that on urban legends (even though the few Americans I've had the occasion to hang with before werent huge drinkers), but recently, I've met with a bunch of LA studens here in France and we went barbecue and drink for an entire night.

Most Americans were drunk sleeping at 4 am... Most Europeans stood till 10 am... 

So yeah, if it comes to drinking, maybe we stand a chance ! :D 

On 5/24/2017 at 2:26 PM, Arkash said:

(sorry for the double-post).

Funnily, I've recently discovered how true that was. I've often heard that American cannot hold their liquor, but always put that on urban legends (even though the few Americans I've had the occasion to hang with before werent huge drinkers), but recently, I've met with a bunch of LA studens here in France and we went barbecue and drink for an entire night.

Most Americans were drunk sleeping at 4 am... Most Europeans stood till 10 am... 

So yeah, if it comes to drinking, maybe we stand a chance ! :D 

Yeah, we Europeans would win the drinking... Especially us, the East Europeans...

That said, I think Americans would win the eating contest... After all, they created competitive eating.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 7:27 PM, Risto said:

Yeah, we Europeans would win the drinking... Especially us, the East Europeans...

That is a bolded claim right there. Have you never heard of the American South? From your post, I'd say we were the US equivalent of Eastern Europe.

In the end, I'd believe victory would depend on what was being drank during the contest.

Vodka? Yeah, I'd say it'd go to you guys.

Beer? Again, I'd say the scales were in Europe's favor, though anyone can have an off day.

Whiskey? Bring it.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

That is a bolded claim right there. Have you never heard of the American South? From your post, I'd say we were the US equivalent of Eastern Europe.

In the end, I'd believe victory would depend on what was being drank during the contest.

Vodka? Yeah, I'd say it'd go to you guys.

Beer? Again, I'd say the scales were in Europe's favor, though anyone can have an off day.

Whiskey? Bring it.

Vodka champions would be the Eastern Europeans and Scandinavians

Beer would be the Brits and Germans

Whiskey would be the Scots and Irish

To get a victory for the deep south, you'd need moonshine!

20 minutes ago, Hereward said:

The Czechs would like a word. My suggestion would be to run.

Dunno - a Scotsman with his Tennants Extra is going to be hard to.... remove the Tennants from (even after he's unconscious).

Brits are well known for protecting ourt pints, even whilst fleeing a terrorist attack! (true, a Czech would have downed the pint, and then sauntered, in a slightly staggering manner, away; but that's not the point dammit!)

Eh, I can hang with most, US or Euro.  There's some proficient drinkers on both sides of the pond who I do not care to try and keep up with anymore. 

I went to grad school in Scotland and have a lot of experience drinking with Scots and other Euro and international types who were up there for school.  My experience is that it's more or less the same as in America - I can generally outlast most people on a night out drinking, but there's always a handful who can outlast me in turn.  

2 hours ago, Hereward said:

You'll have to pry it from my moist dead hands.

Well, I guess that leaves us with shirtless Putin and a ten year supply of white socks then. Curses. I suggest the US wins this cos we don't want it.

PS. Do you think you guys could also take James Blunt while you are at it?

On 6/6/2017 at 0:51 PM, Which Tyler said:

Vodka champions would be the Eastern Europeans and Scandinavians

Beer would be the Brits and Germans

Whiskey would be the Scots and Irish

To get a victory for the deep south, you'd need moonshine!

There is only one nation to champion vodka (unfortunately) and they are not from eastern europe or scandinavia.

Archived