Acrophobia 29 - ASOIAF Dating - ... AND THE WINNER IS ...

Julia H.

1) 6. Orphan refugee. Ideally am seeking maiden, a childhood sweetheart. Knowledge appreciated!

2) 5. Open Relationship! I'm A: (Somewhat) Married, Alcoholic, Condescending, Smart, Knobby, Auspicious....

3) 8. Oh reverie, I am seeking my absent crofter spouse. Killer anguish!

FYI, I'm happy to consider late entries but I won't give them a first place vote.  It wasn't a problem this round.

First:  7. Oenophile runt. If a sexy "monster" appeals, consider seriously kinky association! 

Second:  5. Open Relationship! I'm A: (Somewhat) Married, Alcoholic, Condescending, Smart, Knobby, Auspicious....

Third:  4. Offering rare IMPortunity, AUTHENTICITY!!! Sociable men advertise charming smiles, knavish artifice.

Very good standard

1. 2. One rich, intelligent, admittedly short man, attractively crooked, seeks kind admirer.

2. 7. Oenophile runt. If a sexy "monster" appeals, consider seriously kinky association! 

3. 3. Outrageously rich, intelligent, alcoholic seeks mate.  A certain sexual knowledge's appropriate.

The deadline has passed but I have just received a request for an extension. Therefore the new deadline is tomorrow (Thursday) 6 p.m. (Central European Time), which is about 20 hours and a half from this moment. 

If you want to make any last minute moves, now is the time to do it. 

I edited my post so many times, it would no longer allow me to edit! :o

First time for everything, eh?

1st.  7  Because I tried to use oenophile myself, and didn't like my draft

2nd. 3  Truth in advertising!

3rd. 8  Because, pathos.

Each has been in every slot, my apologies to the three of you as I tried to choose my favourites!

ROUND ONE AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1. Only real imp! A small man, a creative, skilled kisser, acrobat. Lady Blizzardborn: 1+1+2=4

2. One rich, intelligent, admittedly short man, attractively crooked, seeks kind admirer. Castellan: 1+1+3=5

3. Outrageously rich, intelligent, alcoholic seeks mate.  A certain sexual knowledge's appropriate. Howlin’ Howland: 1+1+3+3+1+1+2=12

4. Offering rare IMPortunity, AUTHENTICITY!!! Sociable men advertise charming smiles, knavish artifice.  Raisin’ Bran: 1+1+1+1=4

5. Open Relationship! I'm A: (Somewhat) Married, Alcoholic, Condescending, Smart, Knobby, Auspicious....  The Bastards Giant Friend: 1+1+2+2+2+2=10

6. Orphan refugee. Ideally am seeking maiden, a childhood sweetheart. Knowledge appreciated!  Fragile Bird: 1+1+1+3+3+3+4=16

7. Oenophile runt. If a sexy "monster" appeals, consider seriously kinky association! rocksniffer: 1+2+3+2+3=11

8. Oh reverie, I am seeking my absent crofter spouse. Killer anguish!  Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+1+1=4

STANDINGS

1. Fragile Bird: 1+1+1+3+3+3+4=16

2. Howlin’ Howland: 1+1+3+3+1+1+2=12

3. rocksniffer: 1+2+3+2+3=11

4. The Bastards Giant Friend: 1+1+2+2+2+2=10

5. Castellan: 1+1+3=5

6-7-8: Lady Blizzardborn: 1+1+2=4 

Raisin’ Bran: 1+1+1+1=4

Dolorous Gabe: 1+1+1+1=4

An excellent first round with a very high standard of entries! Congratulations to the winner, Fragile Bird, who won the round with a romantically inclined entry by winning one more first place vote than the runner-up, Howlin' Howland, who submitted a very sincere and straightforward description on Tyrion's behalf. Closely following him is rocksniffer, who joined the game with a somewhat late entry, but gained speed immediately and overtook many other players. Still, he'd better remember that the Giant is just one giant step behind, and, of course, all the others will get a chance to catch up in the upcoming rounds.  

To be continued soon...

Thanks for the delay that allowed me to join the 1st round after returning home from my trip away, or more likely thanks to @rocksniffer for being so lovable that everyone was happy to wait for him, allowing me to sneak in as well  :lol:

Twas tough to come up with something quickly that could compete with such a strong opening round. Well done all!

Lol, I wondered who the 2nd person was! Glad you joined us, DG!

I first wrote a more conventional entry, but then it struck me that, considering Tyrion spends all the books wondering where whores go, social media would be something he'd love to use. DG, you made it as my first pick at one point, along with both the others, lol, eventually taking third as I tossed and turned over which order the 3 I picked should end up in. :) 

Oh, and thank you for the votes. I do not expect to stay in first place, this crowd is too good. Also, my round 2 entry is a piece of crap, trust me! I simply could not get into it, and I am really curious to see what marvels the rest of you wrote. I am expecting marvels.

ROUND TWO

So finally here is how Fair Walda may have advertised herself on a dating website in Westeros:

1. Calling suitors; I'm neat, impassioned, beautiful - a bride awaiting.

2. Currently Single, I Need Intimacy. Blacks Affections = Baseless Accusations.

3. Chin!!! Seriously! Inclination: nuptials. I bring a broad alliance.

4. Crossing scion in need!!!  Immediate betrothal and bedding's allowed.

5. Comfortable socializing, imbibing, napping, initiating bedroom anarchy. BDSM aficionado.

6. Cute. Single. I'm nubile. Into 'Black'. Agreeable bedmate, anytime! 

7. Charming siren in need. If beauty appeals, be alacritous.

8. Crossing star is now inviting bids - ancient begetter adieu!

Vote for your favourite three entries until Monday 29th May, 6 p.m. Central European Time. 

Lol, every single entry has elements of half a dozen of my different attempts. So I wasn't that out to lunch. And you all did better than my final product!

1st.  7

2nd.  6

3rd.  5

I thought I'd better vote, quick. The power just went out in a wind/rain storm we're having and God only knows when it willcome back on. And to top it all off, my mouse stopped working. I have to go back to the repair shop and have some magic spell repeated. When I switched to Windows 10, it turned out my ASUS laptop was a rare Asus that had no Windows 10 mouse software to download. The tech did something, but he warned the mouse might one day stop working.

Aw hell, something else just happened.

ROUND THREE

Jon Snow, Man of the Night’s Watch would, of course, never, ever – oh, well, never mind. Anyway, on a particularly cold and lonely night, he is so overcome by longing that, after a lot of tossing and turning, in desperation, he registers on a dating website. No doubt, when morning comes, he regrets it all and hurries to delete his account (“You know nothing, Jon Snow”), but we can at least try to guess how he has introduced himself on his profile.

Your acronym: J E G S A R K A N Y

Your deadline: Monday 29th May, 6 p.m. Central European Time.

Archived