Football: Showdown Sunday

AncalagonTheBlack

1 hour ago, Notone said:

Both are shite. It's the choice between Volkswagen Football Inc. without a real fan scene, and the team with the relatively open xenophobic fan scene. And like I said, since it's a local derby, at least the "adventure oriented football fans" will have it their way. Robocops galore.

Didn't realise Braunschweig's fans had that association. One of the things you miss watching from outside and not speaking German.

1 hour ago, Notone said:

Well, that team (Wolfsburg) was also almost certain to not get into that position in the first place. On paper that squad should be competing for CL spots. But that squad is rotten to the core. Just look at Kruse, who was the scapegoat for their miserable campaign last year. And now, he is back to his former self as the leading scorer for Bremen, while Wolfsburg...

Like I said, if they dropped, there'd be quite a bit of individual talent on the market.

True. One of the consequences of the absent fan culture is that it is an easy place just to languish and pick up the pay cheque. Looks like Rodriguez has already agreed to move to Milan. One of the many that desperately needs a fresh start.

Bloody hell. It'll be typical Arsenal for Liverpool to stumble against Boro but we cock it up ourselves because of this. Koscielny has an issue with being sent off in important games.

Yeah, nice to see the kids playing well. Hopefully we can keep this up. Something to smile about at least after a very disappointing league campaign.

Arsenal might be down to ten but it sure doesn't look like it atm. They look like the ones more likely to score another goal. Everton have been rubbish.

Everton are such pushovers.

Brilliant goal from Gini and beauty flick from Bobby. 

10 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Would rather not play in Europe at all then be in the Europa league.

Personally hate that mentality. Some awesome fucking games come out of Europa and United could get CL cause of it. Plenty of time for Liverpool to choke and give you fourth though.

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Personally hate that mentality. Some awesome fucking games come out of Europa and United could get CL cause of it. Plenty of time for Liverpool to choke and give you fourth though.

It's not necessarily a denigration of the Europa league but more that I want Arsenal to win the PL and they have a better chance of doing that when they're not playing every 3 days, especially on Thursdays.

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

That looks like a bad injury for Gabriel. Serious problems for Arsenal considering that Kos will miss the FA Cup final.

ETA. Liverpool get a second. Should be a stroll from here against a toothless attack.

Yea, Arsenal is fucked next week. What a loser of a season.

We didn't have anything to play for today (we haven't really had anything to play for for the last four rounds, effectively), so that we don't bother doesn't come as a surprise.

It does seem now that we will give winning half a shot at least. 

Harry Kane with 7 goals in 4 games. Tot is damn good. It's a wonder how they'll end this season with no trophies, or even a better run in the CL. Next season has to bare some fruit for that squad.

A nice send off for JT. Back in high school I played defense and idolized Terry's play on the field which is where I found my fandom in Chelsea. He seems like an absolute asshole, but loved the tenacity on the field. He reminds me of Jason Isaac's character in The Patriot. Just so good at being a villain.

Archived