Rothfuss XIII: Fan Angst Live Stream

Myrddin

1 hour ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

It was a memior of all the kinky secrets that Kvothe learned while serving the Maer Alveron. He sold it to someone that intended to publish it and sell it as smut.

Thanks! I remember now.  It's definitely the case that Kvothe ignores the long term consequences of his actions, pursuing his narrow self-interest.  That's pretty Walter Whiteish, I would go with chaotic evil. 

He's really young to now be losing a second parent... Not that I imagine it gets easier in time, but he's about my age. 

Reading his post, his dad sounds like a great guy. 

I'm sorry for Pat. Truly.

On 22/09/2017 at 4:27 AM, Let's Get Kraken said:

Pat should put down his pen - take off his writing hat and spend time with his father. The book can be written later. He should only be writing if it's helping him in some way - he shouldn't be doing so out of some weird obligation to people who buy his books.

If I had a job where I had the finances and security to drop everything and spend as much time as possible with a dying parent, I'd do so.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jussi said:

Cool!

I love maps.  It looks like he's added some other small countries.  We also, finally, know where Severen is.

We see a city called Dalonir. Simmon's father is the duke of a place called Dalonir. But Simmon's Dalonir is supposed to be in northern Atur (and 30 miles from Gibea) and this Dalonir is in Ceald.

We have some places called Ciradats, which look similar to Ciridae (highest ranking Amyr).

We also have an Yllish city called Fehn Illiet. Similar to Illien and to anhaut-fehn (a word Bast uses as an insult).

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Cool!

I love maps.  It looks like he's added some other small countries.  We also, finally, know where Severen is.

My memory is clearly crap, I could have sworn Sevren Low was on the water with docks and whatnot but Sevren is landlocked. Weird. 

Chapter 52 of WMF implies that Severen is on or near the Arrand River.

The map doesn't seem to be exactly to scale. Severen is supposed to be a little more than 80 miles from the Eld (WMFc74) and 1000 miles from the University (WMFc50). Though the thousand miles is probably a very rough estimate.

8 minutes ago, jumbles said:

Chapter 52 of WMF implies that Severen is on or near the Arrand River.

The map doesn't seem to be exactly to scale. Severen is supposed to be a little more than 80 miles from the Eld (WMFc74) and 1000 miles from the University (WMFc50). Though the thousand miles is probably a very rough estimate.

It does seem odd that Kvothe could sail all the way from Severen to Tarbean without stops along the way to change ships.  

50 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It does seem odd that Kvothe could sail all the way from Severen to Tarbean without stops along the way to change ships.  

Does he sail directly? If I remember correctly on the way to Sevren he says he was shipwrecked off Junpui and then traveled overland for at least part of the journey after that. I don't remember anything about the return journey post-Ademre though. 

Archived