Rickon is Azor Ahai?!

Brandon is great warg. Arya will be Faceless men. Rob was king in the North. Jon was LC. Sansa could inherit the Vale with Hardying. But what about Rikon? Could be he Azor Ahai?

"Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone" - Melisandre "When Theon took Winterfell from Starks, Rickon had to go into hiding beneath the crypts of Winterfell to hide from him. When Bran emerged, he found his home to be a smoldering pile of ash. He came up to the "smoke" that was coming of the burnt buildings and the "tears" of the villagers who had been mercilessly massacred. 

Much as I hope for the best for little Rickon, I doubt that he'll be the great savior of the world. Although it would be cool if he next appeared riding on his giant direwolf like Princess Mononoke.

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Bring in a red star bleeding, and I will officially add Rickon to the unofficial list of who all could be AAR.

Yet as one smell drew them onward, others warned them back. He sniffed at the drifting smoke. Men, many men, many horses, and fire, fire, fire. No smell was more dangerous, not even the hard cold smell of iron, the stuff of man-claws and hardskin. The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake whose roar was a river of flame. He bared his teeth, but then the snake was gone. Behind the cliffs tall fires were eating up the stars.

Flames and fires are usually associated with red, so does this possibly fill something in for you..? Make you think of a little crackpot, maybe..?

On 5/18/2017 at 10:49 AM, Brandon Baratheon said:

Brandon is great warg. Arya will be Faceless men. Rob was king in the North. Jon was LC. Sansa could inherit the Vale with Hardying. But what about Rikon? Could be he Azor Ahai?

"Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone" - Melisandre "When Theon took Winterfell from Starks, Rickon had to go into hiding beneath the crypts of Winterfell to hide from him. When Bran emerged, he found his home to be a smoldering pile of ash. He came up to the "smoke" that was coming of the burnt buildings and the "tears" of the villagers who had been mercilessly massacred. 

I think Bran himself is a better candidate.  He has the same attributes as Rickon, plus he is potential to affect events.  Which still puts him well back in the (very large) pack of potential AARs.  The leaders being, Daenerys and Jon, obviously.

Of course, not only is Rickon not AAR, but Arya isn't going to become a Faceless Man, and Sansa's time in the Vale is a detour (albeit a necessary one) on the way to Winterfell and the North.  Although I will admit that Bran is likely to become a seriously good warg.  So you got one right.

On 5/18/2017 at 0:49 PM, Brandon Baratheon said:

I hope you're not serious.  Rickon will die to make room for Jon to inherit Winterfell.  I don't like it for many reasons but that is one way, the only way, Jon can become lord of winterfell like he always dreamed about. 

A smoke standing in for a dragon is pretty cheap. 

On 5/18/2017 at 7:00 PM, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Flames and fires are usually associated with red, so does this possibly fill something in for you..? Make you think of a little crackpot, maybe..?

No that is the dragon coming out of the crypts of Winterfell.

4 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

Rickon will die

I think 

Spoiler

the HBO series

has more than made that clear.

But there is also this in the text:

A Clash of Kings - Bran II

"As you will, my prince," said Ser Rodrik. "You did well." Bran flushed with pleasure. Being a lord was not so tedious as he had feared, and since Lady Hornwood had been so much briefer than Lord Manderly, he even had a few hours of daylight left to visit with Summer. He liked to spend time with his wolf every day, when Ser Rodrik and the maester allowed it.

No sooner had Hodor entered the godswood than Summer emerged from under an oak, almost as if he had known they were coming. Bran glimpsed a lean black shape watching from the undergrowth as well. "Shaggy," he called. "Here, Shaggydog. To me." But Rickon's wolf vanished as swiftly as he'd appeared.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:00 PM, Vaedys Targaryen said:

A little vague for me. Flames are also associated with yellow and orange, and blue for Varys and his magician. We need a better "red" reference for Rickon to really make this theory a contender. Even my idea that an injured/dying/dead Arthur Dayne counts as a red (pro-Targ) star(Dayne-sigil) bleeding has more to it.

I love a well cracked pot, as you know. :D 

On 5/18/2017 at 2:18 PM, zandru said:

Much as I hope for the best for little Rickon, I doubt that he'll be the great savior of the world. Although it would be cool if he next appeared riding on his giant direwolf like Princess Mononoke.

Nah.  Rickon will next appear riding a shaggy unicorn.

Archived