R,I.P. Thread

Martini Sigil

2 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Richard Anderson aka Oscar Goldman... of the Six Million Dollar Man.... and Forbidden Planet.... No relation to MacGyver... he was 91

http://deadline.com/2017/08/richard-anderson-dies-oscar-goldman-six-million-dollar-man-bionic-woman-actor-1202159362/

Don't sweat it. We can rebuild him.

22 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Richard Anderson aka Oscar Goldman... of the Six Million Dollar Man.... and Forbidden Planet.... No relation to MacGyver... he was 91

http://deadline.com/2017/08/richard-anderson-dies-oscar-goldman-six-million-dollar-man-bionic-woman-actor-1202159362/

I really need to learn to read headlines in order of words on the page. :P Because the first words I saw were Anderson and MacGuyver, and my heart stopped for a sec.

11 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Don't sweat it. We can rebuild him.

You make me LOL often, sir.

11 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I really need to learn to read headlines in order of words on the page. :P Because the first words I saw were Anderson and MacGuyver, and my heart stopped for a sec.

This is why I never post anything on social media until my third cup of coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Grant Hart, drummer and half the singing/songwriting of Hüsker Dü, has passed away.

I was too young to catch the band before they broke up, but my brother was at their penultimate show in 1987 where they tore through the entirety of their swansong album Warehouse: Songs and Stories.  I wish I could have seen them.

Bob Mould is the name that many know from Hüsker Dü, but Grant wrote and sang so many of their great songs.  The sheer volume (both output and sound level!) in their short run remains breathtaking.

RIP, Grant.

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That's sad, but 91 isn't a too bad of a nage to go at. Great actor with many memorable roles both big and small. And there a good looking movie coming out called Lukcy where he plays the lead.

RIP to a screen legend.

20 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

RIP Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. One of the best heels of all time and a true legend in wrestling. 

I just saw this on my Fb feed... as heartbreaking as the finality of his passing is, I've seen him a few times in the past couple of years at different Cons... the poor man was a shell of his former self... he seemed to be suffering... he was barely recognizable

I'll always remember him in his heyday as "The Brain"...  managing Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff, Ravishing Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy.... and of course, he was the manager responsible for Andre' the Giant's heel turn.... he and Gorilla Monsoon were the best announcing tandem this side of Pat Summeral and John Madden

The Brain remains beloved.

http://www.wwe.com/article/bobby-heenan-passes-away?sf114805217=1

Archived