R,I.P. Thread

Martini Sigil

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Uh, I need to keep my job. It doesn't bother me on a personal level, but HR might have a differing opinion, ya know?

Ok, that's a fair point. But on the other hand, if your employer is cool with you reading an online article during workhours (in addition to browsing the forum), than some old Playboy pics of Marilyn's teats looks like a pretty silly reason to get sacked.

Anyway, point taken and I withdraw my silly comment.

3 minutes ago, Notone said:

Ok, that's a fair point. But on the other hand, if your employer is cool with you reading an online article during workhours (in addition to browsing the forum), than some old Playboy pics of Marilyn's teats looks like a pretty silly reason to get sacked.

Anyway, point taken and I withdraw my silly comment.

No need to apologize. It is what it is. The whole NSFW thing is really just a courtesy for those who might be surfing at work.

1 minute ago, Martini Sigil said:

What

The

Fuck.....

I know a lot of comics... and not one ever had a bad word to say about Ralphie May

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/06/ralphie-may-dead/

Yeah, I just saw that. Caught him live about 5 years ago. He absolutely killed. :( Love his Gay Wedding bit. 

Ralphie May-This Is Not Happening (Gay Wedding) NSFW-Language

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

What

The

Fuck.....

I know a lot of comics... and not one ever had a bad word to say about Ralphie May

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/06/ralphie-may-dead/

I've followed him since I first became aware of him on Last Comic Standing, I think he was in the first season, maybe the second.

At one point he had lost a considerable amount of weight but in recent videos you could see he gained it all back plus more.

Coming from someone who knows, food is an addiction just as bad or worse than all the others. Like so many of us, poor Ralphie couldn't shake the monkey.

RIP, funny man.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, Bronn Stone said:

Robert Guillaume. I loved Soap and Benson.

Oh yeah, this one hits a little harder than I thought it would.  Loved those shows. 

On 10/25/2017 at 11:16 AM, maarsen said:

Fats Domino has died at 89. I just heard this on the radio.  Another one of the rock'n'roll greats is gone. 

Ya-- Fats has walked out of New Orleans to heaven.

Somehow, whenever I'm out of the country, somebody important in music dies, it seems.  But in most ways though, Fats was already gone -- but he still enjoyed food and hearing his friends come and play his music on his piano.  Katrina damn near literally killed him, but he'd survived that!

Archived