R,I.P. Thread

Martini Sigil

11 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Leon White aka Big Van Vader... 63 years old

https://screenrant.com/leon-white-big-van-vader-death-obituary/

This hurts.

We joked when I was younger that my dad was secretly Van Vader because of a passing resemblance, a CPAC head strap and the coincendence that Vader usually didn't appear in the PPV until my Dad went into his room.

47 minutes ago, Leofric said:

Was sad to hear that Koko, the gorilla whohad  mastered sign language, had died.  She was 46 years old.   Truly a goodwill ambassador for gorillas and all the Animal Kingdom.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/health/koko-gorilla-death-trnd/index.html

This is bittersweet.

Her lifespan was a bit longer than what she could have expected in the wild. And I am always still so torn as to whether we should keep such beings in such small captive places. Yet she lived a life she enjoyed, making friends with the staff and with her pet cat.

Koko proved to the world the human arrogance of assuming we were the only ones smart enough to truly have language, the only ones who ask questions, the only ones who feel compassion and have emotions.

Once gorillas would have numbered in the hundreds of thousands, and the other great Apes probably in the millions. Now, they're left clinging to edges of the habitats we haven't destroyed.

RIP Vinnie Paul

I've been a metal guy since at least my early teen years. Back then, I was 100% into guitar. All my musical heroes were guitarists. I knew the notes to guitar solos better than I knew most lyrics. Hell, I even attempted to play a little bit. 

That being said, the first thing I noticed about Pantera wasn't Dimebag Darrell, as amazing as he was. Nope. It was his brother Vinnie, who had the hardest-hitting, most authoritative drum sound I'd ever heard. He could hold down a groove and force you to take notice like no other. I've still never heard anything else quite like it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Another legend has passed. 

RIP, Burt Reynolds

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Well, I guess I'm queueing up Cannonball Run.

Rest in Peace.

Yep. And Cannonball Run II is every bit as good as the original, whatever that says about the first movie. They were both fun movies.

Smokey and the Bandit

Deliverance

The Longest Yard

Boogie Knights

He's made some great movies.

On Amazon Prime he's got a new movie streaming called The Last Movie Star where he plays a character named Vic Edwards but he's really playing Burt Reynolds. I really recommend the movie.

I hope Tarantino filmed all the scenes he needed with Burt for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and if there must be a final film for Burt, I'm glad it's a Tarantino film.

RIP :( 

ETA:

Apparently he was just cast and hadn't filmed anything for Once Upon...

:( :( :( 

I love Burt Reynolds and RIP but Cannonball Run and Cannonball Run 2 are extremely uncomfortable to watch these days with at least 3 characters I can think of off the top of my head who only exist because they are drunk drivers and that is funny.

Archived