Who controlls the North by the end of Winds?

LordImp

On 12/7/2017 at 11:11 AM, Ibbison from Ibben said:

My apologies for the delay in replying.

Val is the Ice Lady. Think back to ADwD. Jon, who is the scion of Ice and Fire and thus represents the balance between the two, is tempted by Fire (Mel) and Ice (Val). He rejects both, as he must to maintain his neutrality between the two forces.

Stannis will win his battle at the lake. He will then implement his plan to feign his own death to gain entrance to Winterfell. It will be completely unnecessary, however, since the northern lords will already have overthrown Roose, with the help of the force entering through the crypts led by Howland Reed, Galbert Glover, and Maege Mormont. Unfortunately, the "news" of Stannis's death will reach the Wall, where Mel, with Selyse's cooperation, will sacrifice Shireen to bring Stannis back to life.

Stannis will not be amused. He will cross his moral event horizon, kill Mel and Selyse, wed Val, and assume his foreshadowed role as the Night's King.

Did Val meet Stannis in the books, I don't remember seeing her assessment of him. I am quite sure she is an Old God Priestess, just like the one we see in Bran's look back. But I am not sure how we get from her and Stannis to Night King.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, Ibbison from Ibben said:

My apologies for the delay in replying.

Val is the Ice Lady. Think back to ADwD. Jon, who is the scion of Ice and Fire and thus represents the balance between the two, is tempted by Fire (Mel) and Ice (Val). He rejects both, as he must to maintain his neutrality between the two forces.

Stannis will win his battle at the lake. He will then implement his plan to feign his own death to gain entrance to Winterfell. It will be completely unnecessary, however, since the northern lords will already have overthrown Roose, with the help of the force entering through the crypts led by Howland Reed, Galbert Glover, and Maege Mormont. Unfortunately, the "news" of Stannis's death will reach the Wall, where Mel, with Selyse's cooperation, will sacrifice Shireen to bring Stannis back to life.

Stannis will not be amused. He will cross his moral event horizon, kill Mel and Selyse, wed Val, and assume his foreshadowed role as the Night's King.

I could see this, and since Stannis is my favorite character anything the results in him being alive and not happy about Shireen's potential burning is good in my book.  What will Stannis and Val do next?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived