Am I the only one ...., v. 3

Count Balerion

No, you're not I also find the costumes for season 7 quite ugly. Which is a chame, because I liked most of the costumes from earlier seasons. There were some exceptions like Sansa's Darth Sansa dress, but overall they were much better than the costumes for Season 7.

Am I the only one around here who has considered to buy herself a replica of Longlaw or Needle, even though I have no idea how to use a sword? 

Possibly not. I used to have Aragorn's dagger. Well, I still do, in my old room at my parents' house or in storage or somewhere. But now I wouldn't buy a replica like that. I should move my Lotr merch to my apartment... 

am am I the only around here who purchased got funko pop figurines though? 

I don't know. I guess probably not. I confess I don't know what they are.

Am I ... who saw an advertisement in the paper for a Game of Thrones dragon egg hunt? "Journey throughout King's Landing (aka the D.C. metro area) and collect one of the 10 Washington National GOT Night dragon eggs hidden throughout the region. Inside each egg, you'll find a special prize and instructions on how you can win your way to the Red Keep (aka Nationals Park) to sit on the Iron Throne." I'm not making this up. I couldn't. (And I'll pass; too busy/lazy.)

• 4 weeks later...

Possibly. 

Am I the only one around here who will sit down to watch season seven with a bottle of wine each week because I'm not sure I can take what's coming? (Still god bless d&d that at least they finish this story, even if it's going to be... not very good) 

Perhaps you will not be alone. Though I don't watch, so don't count on me to be there with you.

AITOOAHW is having trouble with navigating the forum these days? For the last few weeks, any thread I try to enter requires me to restart my internet navigation window and then reload the content. Navigation between thread pages also requires the same. I don't know if it is the website of my personal machine that is the problem.

I don't know. It seems to work OK for me right now, but for years I've noticed it's kind of unreliable, with error messages coming thick and fast at irregular but frequent intervals. 

I'll probably use Preston Jacobs to fortify myself, after the event. Tempting to watch it instead of the actual show!

Am I ... who practically started in the fora in a (benign!) troll thread expounding some bizarre theory (in our case, it was the greatness and nobility of Joffrey; the fun thing was that the text could actually be stretched to kind of support it, if one really wanted it to).

• 2 weeks later...

Almost certainly not. I only marginally care that much of the show is rubbish, and this is is it until GRRM finishes (or unless!). The sad thing is that I'll probably watch the successor shows, too.

Am I .. who doesn't know who Ed Shieran (however he's spelt) is, and is too lazy to google him?

• 3 weeks later...

No you're not.  No one except Qyburn knows.  Some speculate that he made a potion of the liquefied re-animated hand that the NW sent south to prove that the dead were rising.  If so, then perhaps the NK is in partial control of frankinClegaine

Am I the only one who thinks that the threat of the NK is so big that Bran the Builder et al should have erected monuments with clear warnings on them instead of relying upon secret scrolls to warn future generations?

No you're certainly not.  In fact, the show runners have admitted in an interview just what antics they're up to.  In summary, they say none of that stuff matters as long as you've got ratings and we have ratings so STFU and watch. http://wikiofthrones.com/11692/director-alan-taylor-timeline-beyond-wall-fudged/

AITOOAH who thought of the Bear and the Maiden Fair while watching the zombie bear kill mooks?

You're probably not alone; I haven't seen episode 6 yet, so know of no zombie bears as yet.

BEWARE OF WHITE WALKERS. DANGER: UNDEAD DEMON-MONSTERS AHEAD.

Am I the only one who thinks show!Sam has a kleptomania problem? If you have him over at your house, you'd best keep anything even remotely valuable locked up. Even then he'll probably invent a device to open your safe and get the swag.

Well kleptomania he may have, but it isn't a problem. It's a solution!

Am I the only one (and the show is obvi a different best moving at breakneck speed) who really, really wants to see what happens to fAegon and his slow take over/possible heritage?

The International Society of the Friends of Lommy are with you on this one.  They do caution, however, not to get too attached to ancillary characters if you are prone to separation anxiety.

AITOOAHW wants to see the colossus of Braavos come to life and smack some stuff around? 

Archived