Am I the only one ...., v. 3

Count Balerion

I'm thinking dragon egg centerpiece.  No, you're not alone.

Am I the only one here who wants more Archer and Rick and Morty?  I mean there's so much crap on TV why can't I get more of the crap I like instead of Guy Fieri?  I swear he makes any clean kitchen look dirty.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not. I confess I'm not familiar with any of the people you're talking about. I fear I'm out of the loop-ish.

Am I ... who often finds Stannis at least as amusing as Tyrion? "Taking a page from Robert's book. Not that he ever read one." "Did Ned Stark get you on a fishwife?"

Squishers and whatnot? I haven't given it much thought. I do like ND, though.

Am I .. who thinks Tyrion was being a little unfair when he accused his father of giving him less than nothing? He did try to give T  various opportunities to do things, and Winterfell may not be CR, but it does after all control half a continent, and he invited him to secret councils, even if all decisions had been made beforehand. Not to mention being the reason Tyrion can keep bragging about how much money he has.So when allowance is made for the fact Tywin despised him, and yes there was that unfortunate Tysha incident (which I would admit is appalling) , but otherwise he didn't treat him THAT badly, did he? (Being a bit devil's advocate here, and I don't terribly like Tywin.)

Absolutely not. Tyrion does have a "poor me" attitude when it comes to family relations. Since he first understood what Jaime being in the KG meant, I am sure he thought of himself as heir to CR despite his Father's attitude towards him and never having a discussion with Tywin about the inheritance. Lordship of WF is a huge deal, but would require Tyrion to be on guard always as I am sure the northmen would never be ok with a Lannister ruling over their own kingdom.

Am I... who wonders if Tyrion had not been a prisoner of the crown at the time of Tywin's death, and Tyrion had not  killed his father, would the Westerlands lords have kept Tyrion from taking control of CR and the Westerlands? Would Cersei?

Maybe? I hadn't thought of that, but now I think it would be fun if they named all their sons Aegon. Maybe daughters, too. Why not. :P

Am I the only one who wishes people would remember Ramsay is an ugly, big boned and fleshy dude in the books, instead of everyone being influenced by the show and constantly fancasting all the cute, thin, boyish looking, not-too-tall young actors as Ransay in the Cast the Actor thread?

I don't know, but the top priority shouldn't be matching appearance when casting. Robert Baratheon was tall AF and Mark addy was still one of the best casting choices. Same goes for Iwan Rheon. Casting Ramsay is determined in the eyes, imo. If an actor (thin and boyish faced or not) can get that mad twinkle in his eyes, I can see him as Ramsay. 

Am I the only one around here who thought it was offensively outrageous to waste CGI on a nonsensical bear scene when Ghost hasn't made a second of appearance in the entire season? 

Almost certainly not. I hadn't made the connexion; but now that you mention it, that is abit stupid. The bear was cool, but is hardly an essential part of the story. The direwolves are.

Am I the ... who has only reread all the books once or twice, but frequently dips into individual books?

Ooooh, looking good, @Count Balerion that's a lovely avatar!! :lol: 

And no, I'm sure you aren't. I read the books once. I did start GOT a second time but didn't make it past the first hundred and fifty pages. And I reread the Daenerys chapter in GoT for a reread thread once. That's about it. And I honestly have no plan or desire to read them again, at least not in the near future. 

Am I the only one around here who hopes there aren't new characters or new casts for the final season? 

It makes little sense to introduce new characters for the final season, but what do you do about Bran flashbacks to like 100 years earlier where we have not seen Aemon the Dragonknight or people of that era?

Am I... who thinks that the resolution to the ASOIAF story will be considerably tougher to achieve than what is planned for the show? I get the feeling that most of the cast will die by the end, but I still feel that a human victory is a foregone conclusion in the show, I don't want that to be the case in the last 2 books.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:22 AM, RhaenysB said:

Ooooh, looking good, @Count Balerion that's a lovely avatar!! :lol: 

Thanks! Pebbles made it for me in the Pictionary thread. Why can't I get out of this quote block? There were a couple of others I've stolen as well. The Rotating Avatar.

GRRM certainly seems to find the resolution tougher, at least to write. Not to be unduly snarky. Anyway, the main problem I see in the books is that they have to get everyone united and convince them the Others even exist. And everyone has to be in Westeros for this to happen, right? Half of them are still stuck in Essos. If I were the Others, I wouldn't wait for the humans to get their act together (if they ever do) to attack. I definitely do NOT want the Others to win in the end, though. That would be a downer.

Am I ... who only recently figured out LF probably didn't betray Ned only out of hatred, but also to prevent him from making Stannis king? The game would have been up if Stannis had taken over, whereas LF flourishes under Lannister rule. Or that's my brilliant death-defyingly revolutionary theory, anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2017 at 2:19 PM, Count Balerion said:

Am I ... who only recently figured out LF probably didn't betray Ned only out of hatred, but also to prevent him from making Stannis king? The game would have been up if Stannis had taken over, whereas LF flourishes under Lannister rule. Or that's my brilliant death-defyingly revolutionary theory, anyway.

Likely not. Everything has been theorized to death. Damn you & your slow writing George! 

Am I the only one who just now figured out why people put "AITOOAHW" before their answer? I spent a long time trying to figure this out. I kept saying to my self 'A'm 'I' 'T'he 'O'nly 'O'ne 'A'?? 'H'?? 'W'ho

I seriously figured this out 2 minutes ago. :dunce:

5 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Am I the only one who just now figured out why people put "AITOOAHW" before their answer? I spent a long time trying to figure this out. I kept saying to my self 'A'm 'I' 'T'he 'O'nly 'O'ne 'A'?? 'H'?? 'W'ho

"Am I the only one around here who?"

AITOOAHW who thinks that show!Ramsay was too ridiculous and over-the-top to even take seriously?

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, Raisin' Bran said:

I know there were a lot of show watchers here who felt the same. I don't watch the show (or at least didn't watch seasons 4-6 and then only one episode in season 7).

Am I the only one around here who needs reassurance that TWoW will be released?

If it isn t realeased or "announced" in 2018 then we will have to wait until 2020... By that time you will have watched the show and seen how things end. We will naturally lose interest and many of us will probably die before ADoS is released...

On 10/22/2017 at 0:28 PM, RhaenysB said:

Am I the only one around here who thought it was offensively outrageous to waste CGI on a nonsensical bear scene when Ghost hasn't made a second of appearance in the entire season? 

Man, I'm still pissed about that shit.  Could have used Ghost in those scenes. :(

Archived