Do real friendships happen on this forum?

WestBevHi93

I am new to this forum and was wondering do people meet up in person after meeting on this forum? That would be cool to meet other GofT fans and develop a bond. I am a single male from the USA who loves this show and video games. I am 47 and like sandwiches and ironic t shirts lol.

Trying to remember how many Board Babies we're up to now. At least half a dozen I think?

I'm rusty on statistics, but I'm pretty sure that proves that being on the board increases human sexiness and fertility by at least 0.3%

2 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

But to answer the OP -- yes. I mean, I handed commiedore a beer after he got his ass kicked by a man wearing a chicken suit in the circlepit at MDF. If that's not a sign of friendship, then I don't know what is. 

yep. some of my dearest friends are people i've met through this board

i gotta add...several of the friendships i have made here have saved me from doing stupid shit, suffering from grief, and cheered my victories...

you never know what you might find if you sniff under a westerosi rock or two...

:smoking:

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

I've never met MercenaryChef in the flesh, but I love him with all my heart. I also kinda like Triskele and a few others. But not JaimeL. That guy's a jerk. 

*coughs delicately*

Yes.  Follow the link to BWB and attend a couple of cons.  You will meet the best people.  Borrow some Chuck Tingle from Kindle Unlimited.  Get a supporting membership to WorldCon and find out what everyone is reading and talking about.

What part if the country are you in?

Yes they do. I met my husband through the board and we have a 4 year old together. Not to mention extremely good friends who I now consider family. 

11 hours ago, Myshkin said:

I've never met MercenaryChef in the flesh, but I love him with all my heart. I also kinda like Triskele and a few others. But not JaimeL. That guy's a jerk. 

Once again, you forgot to list me on your list of people you love and admire...i don't know why I continue to put up with you...

Archived