Do real friendships happen on this forum?

WestBevHi93

On 5/27/2017 at 8:53 PM, Myshkin said:

I've never met MercenaryChef in the flesh, but I love him with all my heart. I also kinda like Triskele and a few others. But not JaimeL. That guy's a jerk. 

one day bards and poets will write and sing the tales of our love. 

On 5/28/2017 at 2:00 PM, Peterbound_Alt said:

Yes, friendships happen here.  

I've met people from all over the US from this board.  When I go to a new town/state (I travel a lot) I always send out a request for BWB meet ups. 

People on here are great, and i'm lucky to be part of the community.  This may be one of the rare places on the old inter webs were actual human interaction not only occurs, but is encouraged.  

We love Peterbound_Alt!  I still hear from SotM on Facebook 

Yes. Have met so many awesome people from this board and consider many I haven't yet met to be my friends. I got nervous last worldcon I attended because I felt like I would be a bother/annoyance but there was no need to feel that way because everyone was lovely 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:22 PM, kiko said:

Am I the only one who sometimes lies awake wondering about what happened to some of the boarders who somehow disappeared? The ones very active in genchat or os chat and then suddenly gone.

Yup, I wonder all the time. Then go back to lurking.

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Christ. I'm responsible for 28%, and @Mya Stone is responsible for another 28%. 

Oh god. It's a three way tie between, you and Carrie, Kris and I, and Fee and Zak. 

@Chaldanya and Sean have the last slice of the pie. 

Mash and Dave have RJ twins, in this case. 

2 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Oh god. It's a three way tie between, you and Carrie, Kris and I, and Fee and Zak. 

I will also note that BY FAR  the most successful long-term relationship predictor is whether or not you went to Scotland

Some of my friends from this board whom I have never met in person, are who i'd turn to with any kinda weighty life question over the bulk of my 'real life' friends and family.  Only had the privilege of meeting a certain red crustacean in person (true class act) but looking forward to meeting many more of you wonderful boardfolk who have been such a pleasure to hang with on teh webz the last five years or so.

OP, welcome!

56 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

@Ghostcompanion and @Idolworship also have a child, so at least 8 babies

18 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

Didn't Raidne and Kouran have a baby as well?

22 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Didn't Raidne and Kouran have a baby as well?

They did, but as they self-excommunicated I'm not sure how it counts. Is it half a baby? 

4 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I can't wait to pick out a new avatar for my board baby and I!  :wub:

That's certainly how it worked for us; we got Germany (so I went with Alaric) and Israel (so we went with Joshua)

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

They did, but as they self-excommunicated I'm not sure how it counts. Is it half a baby? 

That's certainly how it worked for us; we got Germany (so I went with Alaric) and Israel (so we went with Joshua)

I think Kouran's still around occasionally, I'm sure I remember him posting on the logistical challenges of a theoretical Russian invasion of Noway a few months back. I think Raidne deleted her account though so, yeah, half a baby seems fair.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

I think Kouran's still around occasionally, I'm sure I remember him posting on the logistical challenges of a theoretical Russian invasion of Noway a few months back. I think Raidne deleted her account though so, yeah, half a baby seems fair.

Well, she came back as Ariadne23 or something like that during the 2016 election, but otherwise she was out. 

Archived