Death of a Proud Sailor, a Board Legend - RIP Lord O' Bones

Fragile Bird

I'm just going to repeat myself from the other thread here

Bonesy called himself an asshole. If he was it was only towards those he saw acting unjustly or hurting others.

What he actually was, and would have rejected out of hand with a joke, was one of the kindest human beings I have been lucky enough to know.

Anything else I could say would just be a string of angry swears

Thank you, my darling Fragile Bird...

ok friends...i am drunk enough to do this now...here are the facts as i know them

last weekend he started having serious issues with fluid build up (i don't think there was much prior notice, but perhaps some)...but on monday he had a procedure to remove it...7 liters...the following day he began to bleed internally and suffer from O2 deficiency he was put on a ventilator and feeding tube in ICU where it was believed he was improving...late yesterday he was being sedated and treated with morphine for pain and fluid on the heart...which i interpreted as congestive  heart failure, though that is my own thought not confirmed... today his parents decided to remove the ventilator as the drs said he was not going to regain the ability to breathe on his own, he held on til 805 tonight and was surrounded by his family as he peacefully set sail on his next adventure.

his parents are planning his service, a non-religious one in honor of his beliefs, though i think, based on his Aunts comments, many of them are religious people. When they give me the info i will pass it on...

i gotta say this sucks a fucking big hairy one...i am pissed off and yet laughing about things he has said and done...he and Fragile Bird were my first friends in Westeros and i value them above all others....

so hey friends never fear.. us old Navy salts don't die we head off to Davey Jones Locker to eat, drink and live a life of ease...so i shall sail in his wake til our ships put into some sunny port just over the horizon ...

:smoking:

Fair winds and Following Seas, my friend...

38 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

You know LoB and EHK are fuckin' tearing shit up in the Great Discussion Board in the sky. 

Now THAT made me smile.  Couldn't be more brilliantly said.

Enjoy what rest you get Bonesy.  You deserve it!

Archived