Death of a Proud Sailor, a Board Legend - RIP Lord O' Bones

Fragile Bird

I have just read the newson FB.  Bones was one of the first friends I made here.  I never met him in person, but I always wanted too. now I never will.  He will always have a place in my heart and the world is a little darker without him.

I feel for him so much,  its strange how someone who I only chatted with online can effect me so.   I was honoured to know you and to be your friend.

Love and peace.

When I migrated to the south of board I first encountered Lord o' Bones. I'm not going to lie, I thought he was a dick. But he grew on me like a fungus and soon became one of my favorites. 

He later friended me on Facebook which honored me beyond belief. I didn't always agree with him but I learned so much from him and consider myself better for it. 

Until last night I didn't cry for a person since I was six years old and my great-aunt Harriet and that was because I thought I had to. But I cried for John last night. 

I have a hard time putting into words how much this sucks. John kept me company on Skype when I worked night shift (before becoming a nurse and not having time to chat). Those talks, where you would have to strain at times to hear his bass voice, yet when he laughed, you could feel it in your toes...those were some of the greatest all night talks of my life. 

In my mind, John is wearing neigh but a towel while having an f-bomb off with EHK. Fuck you both for having the audacity to leave us.  

Thanks for finding that thread, aoife. 

I keep a baseball bat in my bedroom and have for the last few years, all because of the towel story. Whenever I hear a scary noise and reach for it, my first thought is always Lord oBones naked in his bathroom, girding his loins. I reckon Bonesy would get a kick out of that. 

I used to be in OsChat every night talking to Ini, sJohn, Limecat, mercenary chef, and Bonesy. Literally hours every night for years talking shit with him. Now never again. I hate this.

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

When I migrated to the south of board I first encountered Lord o' Bones. I'm not going to lie, I thought he was a dick. But he grew on me like a fungus and soon became one of my favorites. 

He later friended me on Facebook which honored me beyond belief. I didn't always agree with him but I learned so much from him and consider myself better for it. 

Until last night I didn't cry for a person since I was six years old and my great-aunt Harriet and that was because I thought I had to. But I cried for John last night. 

you ain't alone brother i balled like a baby...luckily the girls are all out this weekend so i can dance in a towel weeping and laughing like a crazy man...

though i think i permanently scarred my dogs for life

:smoking:

I'm really sad - he was a cherished regular at OsChat. I remember that legendary Skype Group VoiceChat where we all talked for so long that there was suddenly a loud snoring - Bonesy had fallen asleep... Farewell my friend.

I got to know John pretty well on here, and on the old Facebook. I always enjoyed his conversations, debates, and words of encouragement.  He will be missed for his wit, logic, and friendship.   

Sail on Lord O' Bones.  You were one of the good ones. 

pb

Archived