Death of a Proud Sailor, a Board Legend - RIP Lord O' Bones

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, MisterOJ said:

Talk about surreal.

For those of you who don't know (and most people on here don't), I'm the editor of a small community newspaper. I just got John's obit in my email to be included in our next newspaper. It's a pretty great obituary, so I'll share it here. 

Thank you for sharing that Mister, it's just perfect. 

4 hours ago, MisterOJ said:

Talk about surreal.

For those of you who don't know (and most people on here don't), I'm the editor of a small community newspaper. I just got John's obit in my email to be included in our next newspaper. It's a pretty great obituary, so I'll share it here.

Thank you for sharing that with us, MisterOJ. It was both beautiful and brilliant. <3

I feel like I hadn't seen him around here as much lately, but I am so happy I was able to read his Facebook posts over the last few months. He had beliefs he would not back down from, and he defended them no matter who grew upset with him--and I loved reading every post he wrote. He was one of the best, and I'm so sad seeing this news.

Thanks Mr OJ i appreciate this more than you know...

21 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I keep thinking about the only picture I had of Bonesy.  It's not one to share with his family though.

While his humor could take a wicked turn, it could occasionally take a TMI one as well. Not sure how it came up, but he was talking about how his butt cheeks turn red when he's sitting on the toilet. Not sure what I responded, but it netted me a picture of his red butt cheeks :rofl:

now the towel story is better since i know he had red toilet rings under that towel...

:lmao:

15 hours ago, litechick said:

One of the things I knew about him was that he loved his mom and sister.  That strikes me because a lot of men pretend to casual feelings for the women in their lives and he was unabashed in loving and admiring them while also managing to be a 'man's man.'  He was gifted in thought and expression.

I just said 'was' in relation to LoB.  That just ain't right.

Can someone link to his profile as Bonesy?  I didn't follow the politics thread so while I know he supported Bernie, I never read his posts in the recent past (since he had to make a new profile.)  There used to be a 'members' button where you could look people up but I can't work it out. It would be comforting to read his old posts.

well chick here is his Bonesy profile liink...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/profile/18344-bonesy/

:smoking:

21 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I keep thinking about the only picture I had of Bonesy.  It's not one to share with his family though.

While his humor could take a wicked turn, it could occasionally take a TMI one as well. Not sure how it came up, but he was talking about how his butt cheeks turn red when he's sitting on the toilet. Not sure what I responded, but it netted me a picture of his red butt cheeks :rofl:

I am never EVER going to look at the moon the same way.

I haven't been to the board for a long time but I have to get this out somehow. I only knew him for a short time compared to most of you, but there are few who made such an impression on me like he did. I am happy he lived so vigorously. I am happy he was the funny crazy bastard he was, and I hope he knew how much that was appreciated and how many laughs he spread as well as thoughts. I wished I could given him my blood, and I wish I had talked to him more. I didn't know it was so bad. Shit.. this is hard...

I truly appreciate all the moments I got with you in the brief time I got to know you. Live on and fight on LoB. I miss you <3

My condolences to all of his family and friends 

5 minutes ago, Eyron said:

I haven't been to the board for a long time but I have to get this out somehow. I only knew him for a short time compared to most of you, but there are few who made such an impression on me like he did. I am happy he lived so vigorously. I am happy he was the funny crazy bastard he was, and I hope he knew how much that was appreciated and how many laughs he spread as well as thoughts. I wished I could given him my blood, and I wish I had talked to him more. I didn't know it was so bad. Shit.. this is hard...

I truly appreciate all the moments I got with you in the brief time I got to know you. Live on and fight on LoB. I miss you <3

My condolences to all of his family and friends 

excellent words, my friend...i am so happy to see you here...

2 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

excellent words, my friend...i am so happy to see you here...

Thank you sniffer. I am so sad for you and everyone. I am crying buckets now that I had some time to process things.

21 hours ago, litechick said:

One of the things I knew about him was that he loved his mom and sister.  That strikes me because a lot of men pretend to casual feelings for the women in their lives and he was unabashed in loving and admiring them while also managing to be a 'man's man.'  He was gifted in thought and expression.

I just said 'was' in relation to LoB.  That just ain't right.

Can someone link to his profile as Bonesy?  I didn't follow the politics thread so while I know he supported Bernie, I never read his posts in the recent past (since he had to make a new profile.)  There used to be a 'members' button where you could look people up but I can't work it out. It would be comforting to read his old posts.

He was a Bernie supporter--he was THE Bernie supporter. When I quieted my own support late in the election, he remained my Bernie Moral Compass, both here on the page, and as he infuriated and raged on Facebook. I loved it all. I guess Bones...was idealistic. And I don't mean that in the "oh, you're so idealistic, you don't understand how the world works" kind of way. He was idealistic in that way where he believed the world could be a better place for everyone, and he actively FOUGHT for it no matter if it made him unpopular or REALLY unpopular. I respect him so much for that.

I saw on Facebook today the news about him. I didn't know he had been sick. I guess while we had a good back and forth/support of each other--I never knew him as personally as I should have, and I regret that immensely. I think I really missed out on so many terrific sides to him.

Archived