Memorial Donation to VA for Lord Of Bones - Donation Thread

Mya Stone

Thank you everyone who has donated this far. We are now over $1000 with all money raised going to the Palo Alto VA. 

Just a reminder, this is going to stay up and running until Saturday, June 3. You still have plenty of time to contribute to this very worthy (and budget-starved) cause. If you'd like to, you can message me here on the board, Facebook, or PayPal me at [email protected]. Next weekend I will be contacting John's family and let them know what we've done as a community to honor him. 

You all awe and inspire me, and I am so grateful to be a part of this community. 

I need no thanks, guys. I just know in my heart this is the right thing, and right way to honor John. Truly. 

I realize not everyone has PayPal. If that is the case and you'd still like to donate, I also have a Venmo account (thanks to @Arbor Gold); if you'd rather use that my name is SarahElizRoberts. Some people have also used the Facebook messenger to send money; message me if you'd prefer that (you'd have to friend me, and be stuck reading all about my 9 and 5 year old). 

So far we're over $1500, and once again I am reminded of the amazingness and generosity of this community, the community I owe not only meeting my husband and having my two sons to, but having the honor of meeting a good deal of all of you, and if not meeting, being friends - and I am blown away. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. 

I'm not on facebook and I've had several awful experiences with paypal so I tend to be a paper check donation sort of person.  If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to just send a check direct to the VA in Palo Alto from myself but reference that it comes from the same group and is in LoB's honor.  Would that be okay?

Also, I was looking at their website and I noticed under donations they list accepting paperback books.  If people thought it was appropriate I was thinking of sending a set of the GOT paperbacks with my check.  We wouldn't have known LoB but for these books.

13 minutes ago, lady narcissa said:

I'm not on facebook and I've had several awful experiences with paypal so I tend to be a paper check donation sort of person.  If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to just send a check direct to the VA in Palo Alto from myself but reference that it comes from the same group and is in LoB's honor.  Would that be okay?

Also, I was looking at their website and I noticed under donations they list accepting paperback books.  If people thought it was appropriate I was thinking of sending a set of the GOT paperbacks with my check.  We wouldn't have known LoB but for these books.

i can't answer for Mya about the check thing...i am old school as well and was thinking of sending check, but cheers on the book donation! i have been in a VA hospital or three in my life and i think the books are a great idea.

14 hours ago, Blaine said:

You rock. Money headed your way for Bonesy's memorial.

hey board, how y'all been?

Good to hear from you Blaine, just sorry it has to be for a sad occasion. 

Most people here I don't think would argue with "hanging in there" as an answer to your question, I know it goes for me. Hope you are doing well.

9 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

Awesome idea :grouphug: 

Archived