Memorial Donation to VA for Lord Of Bones - Donation Thread

Mya Stone

On 5/30/2017 at 6:34 PM, Blaine said:

You rock. Money headed your way for Bonesy's memorial.

hey board, how y'all been?

It's good to see that smarmy avatar, man. Hope you are doing well. :)

Mya -- was able to carve out some time to send you $$. I even dedicated it to Bonesy's love for the SF Giants and smirked in Mercenary Chef's direction, because I am an asshole.

34 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

It's good to see that smarmy avatar, man. Hope you are doing well. :)

Mya -- was able to carve out some time to send you $$. I even dedicated it to Bonesy's love for the SF Giants and smirked in Mercenary Chef's direction, because I am an asshole.

I got it, sweetie. Thank you so much!!! ❤️

We are quickly approaching the $2000 mark. Thank you again to everyone who has taken the time to donate; every single cent is appreciated and I know John would be proud. ❤️

We have surpassed the $2000 goal I set in my mind, and are well on our way to $2100. With 24 hours left, I think we can do it! 

Again, that's 24 hours left to donate. PayPal ID is [email protected]. If you don't like PayPal, that's okay. I also have VenMo. My ID is SarahElizRoberts. Don't want to use that? Contact me here if we aren't Facebook friends. Facebook messenger is a safe, simple way to transfer funds without signing up for anything additional. 

It goes without saying that you all are amazing, and I humbly, gratefully, and lovingly thank each and every one of you who has helped achieve this awe-inspiring amount to give to the Palo Alto VA in John's memory. I work tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow with a final tally post, and a copy of what I'm writing his family. Thank you all again for reminding me that westeros is a special place. 

Thank you everyone SO much. We ended up with a $2200 donation to the Palo Alto VA, in loving memory of our fallen friend, John B Kenady. Just sent confirmation to John's family via Facebook. I have one last story I'd like to share about John. The night after his procedure, in the middle of the night, actually, he made a small group on Facebook Messenger. He never wrote a word, but it is because of this group that we learned of his passing as quickly as we did. I have to think that somewhere, he knew, and had the presence of mind to connect everyone the way he did. With all of this being said, this final gesture we made in his honor was posted to this group message he created. 

"Members of John's family: 

We, the members of westeros.org, to which John was a member who brought laughter, knowledge, sarcasm, wit, and yes, at times, frustration out in all of us, wished to do something in his honor. Together, we raised $2200.00 and have donated that to the Palo Alto VA, without which, we know we wouldn't have been able to keep John in our lives for as long as we did. We hope you accept this as a token of our eternal love and and respect for him. He touched so many lives, moreso than I think he even realized. 

With love,
Sarah (and over 60 other donors)"

Thank you to everyone who donated what they could. This was truly a group effort. I am so proud to be a part of this community. 

All my love, 

Mya

Archived