Watch some TV/Movies and talk about it here.

Ramsay B.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:48 AM, Kalbear said:

Holy fuck, BoJack Horseman is amazing this season. It is extra funny and extra sad. Wow. 

Hmm. Lots of love for that show around here. I never got past S1E1, but I'll add it to the queue and give it a go someday.

I'm knee deep in both the 2001 & 2017 series of The Tick.  My take thus far is the 2001 series has the superior cast, especially with Patrick Warburton, but the 2017 Amazon series has a way better budget and plot (thus far). 

7 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Hmm. Lots of love for that show around here. I never got past S1E1, but I'll add it to the queue and give it a go someday.

The first half of season one is not great but then it somehow transformed itself in to one of the best things on Netflix.

I just watched episode 2 of season 4, they ramped up the sense of tragedy even farther while keeping this sort of wry perspective which stops it being overly melodramatic.  That "everything is shit but ..." attitude is something I've never seen done better.

16 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

I know, that made it so fucking heartbreaking.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't wanna believe that men did that shit to their wives back then, but hey the "bitches be crazy" view was even worse back then.

Well yeah, lobotomy seems a bit extreme but they also apparently invented vibrators as a cure for hysteria so swings and roundabouts?

On 12-9-2017 at 6:23 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm knee deep in both the 2001 & 2017 series of The Tick.  My take thus far is the 2001 series has the superior cast, especially with Patrick Warburton, but the 2017 Amazon series has a way better budget and plot (thus far). 

Power through the first four episodes. The show starts showing hints of quality in episode 4.

On 12/09/2017 at 6:23 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I stopped after ep1 but gave the next episode a go a while later and loved it.

Now it's my favourite thing currently on TV.

Just finished S4. It's a truly remarkable series. Never have I seen anything that manages to be so hilarious and depressing simultaneously.

Spoiler

After all those gut-wrenching episode endings (and how it ended in S3), it was wonderful to see it conclude with such a sweet hopefulness. It was perfect!

9 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Power through the first four episodes. The show starts showing hints of quality in episode 4.

Just got up to episode 4. I was thinking about skipping S1 altogether and jumping to S2 where the critical acclaim really seems to start. I'll keep going though.

Archived