U.S. Politics: Despite Negative Press Covfefe, We Will Always Have Paris

Its honestly baffling how incompetent democrats are. They fight tooth and nail to get 60 votes to pass healthcare. And republicans are able to dismantle it with 50 (plus pence). Whenever democrats do get in full power again (if ever) they would be stupid (which they are) to not just nuke legislative filibuster for the 2 years they knoe tjey will have absolute majority, do whatever it is they want and if they lose in the midterms just change it back to 60.

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Well, I tell you Hensarling's bill overall is a fuckin' disaster. 

I get that but the structure of the CFPB, lack of significant oversight, and the power it wields as a independent agency with a solo agency head is too much.  I needs either a non-partisan board or it needs to have its director serving at the pleasure of the President.  

Just now, oberonus said:

Its honestly baffling how incompetent democrats are. They fight tooth and nail to get 60 votes to pass healthcare. And republicans are able to dismantle it with 50 (plus pence). Whenever democrats do get in full power again (if ever) they would be stupid (which they are) to not just nuke legislative filibuster for the 2 years they knoe tjey will have absolute majority, do whatever it is they want and if they lose in the midterms just change it back to 60.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I'm a Democrat.

7 minutes ago, oberonus said:

When Republicans have run only on removing parts of government, that's all you get. 

And that's what the likely result is going to be going forward. There's no reason ever to compromise right now, so all you get is simple tax measures and budget measures along with killing programs. That is the only thing that government can do. They can't pass laws, they can't add entitlements, they can only take away. 

This isn't a Democrat-only problem, and that problem doesn't disappear if you get rid of the filibuster. 

Archived