TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Was 2011 the year of the crack down?  No, I think that was earlier.  We were mostly clean by 2011.

Some days  I want to spam like it's 2007 :leer: 

So I leave you a little but of (somewhat) naughty club music ;) 

:leer: 

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I would like to dedicate this victory to @Harlot who returned from the long exile to teach new generations of spam how to spam it up old school, and the supernatural entity for giving me the phone I won with.

Carry on. Or, in the immortal words of @RhaenysB, let's make spam great again!

:commie: 

Aww, thank you @Buckwheat:love:    I had a great time racing again.  And now that Chrome has my password, maybe I'll stop by more often.  

Congrats Buck :cheers:

12 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Don't! It'll never get out of my head!

10 hours ago, The King in Black said:

I had never seen Mulholland Drive before, this really makes me want to watch it. Scary shit, and it has David Lynch written all over it.

21 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

One day, one day :cheers: 

Well there was fantastic beasts last year and the cursed child curse, so it's not as dead as Lotr fandom for instance (which I dearly miss), but yeah, not the liveliest corner of entertainment today. 

Very true. LOTR had The Hobbit but I was never all that enthusiastic about that.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is a hundred times as booming as it was five years ago. So that's something.

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hello, old new person. I hope you drop by again in less than 6 years.

Translator? Proofreader? :read: No better apparently.

And then my first wish is to be a uni assistant. We both are queen and king of unreliable career goals, right?

Yes, and we shall rule over our realm of useless degrees and squashed dreams with iron fists!

20 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Congrats Buck :cheers:

Don't! It'll never get out of my head!

I had never seen Mulholland Drive before, this really makes me want to watch it. Scary shit, and it has David Lynch written all over it.

My man FOMN continues to develop his impeccable taste. I'd say Mulholland is the perfect starting point for Lynch (Eraserhead is a bit too absurd ) though Blue Velvet is good too. The key to understanding Mulholland Drive is to know beforehand you are watching Lynch's depiction of dream logic. Too many of ny friends got way too caught up in specifics , trying to 'decode'  or 'solve' this movie which of course affected their enjoyment of the movie.

What about Twin Peaks ? I'd recommend a watch of that too if you haven't already, especially because Lynch has created what I personally regard a pitch perfect revival of the series with The Return (airing currently) . Would love to have you join the discussions over it. If you do so, the order recommended is S1 - S2- FWWM - The Return. (Despite FWWM being a prequel) 

49 minutes ago, The King in Black said:

My man FOMN continues to develop his impeccable taste. I'd say Mulholland is the perfect starting point for Lynch (Eraserhead is a bit too absurd ) though Blue Velvet is good too. The key to understanding Mulholland Drive is to know beforehand you are watching Lynch's depiction of dream logic. Too many of ny friends got way too caught up in specifics , trying to 'decode'  or 'solve' this movie which of course affected their enjoyment of the movie.

What about Twin Peaks ? I'd recommend a watch of that too if you haven't already, especially because Lynch has created what I personally regard a pitch perfect revival of the series with The Return (airing currently) . Would love to have you join the discussions over it. If you do so, the order recommended is S1 - S2- FWWM - The Return. (Despite FWWM being a prequel) 

I've devoured Twin Peaks already, it's where I recognized Lynch's style from. I'm absolutely pumped to start the Return but I'm waiting for a bit more episodes to come out so I don't have to wait every week. I have yet to watch FWWM, I should do that in the meanwhile.

And yeah, definitely gonna try Mulholland soon, but I'm also definitely not going to bother trying to understand it :P 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Very true. LOTR had The Hobbit but I was never all that enthusiastic about that.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is a hundred times as booming as it was five years ago. So that's something.

Yes. It's so sad. Hobbit sucked and LOTR is kinda forgotten with game of thrones around. Poor LoTR... I loved it. Even though I missed the good old low fantasy elements even back in the day. My dirty teenage mind... 

yeah, once again, it's great to be a Star Wars fan *.* maybe some day there will be a Lotr reboot. I offer my services to writing the sequel. 

@The King in Black so maybe I should kill one of the realtors next time I view a flat I like so the murder case drags down the market price? :idea: 

NEVER !! Never till the last of the Men of the West is standing will something so insidious as a LotR reboot be alllowed to exist !

LotR is the greatest film trilogy and so shall it be for One Thousand years !

Also not a real big fan of Star Wars

Yeah and @RhaenysB if I were you I'd download Tor and start roaming the murky bazaars of the Deepweb  

39 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I've devoured Twin Peaks already, it's where I recognized Lynch's style from. I'm absolutely pumped to start the Return but I'm waiting for a bit more episodes to come out so I don't have to wait every week. I have yet to watch FWWM, I should do that in the meanwhile.

And yeah, definitely gonna try Mulholland soon, but I'm also definitely not going to bother trying to understand it :P 

Fire Walk is in that weird zone where I wouldn't really  recommend it to anyone, but it is very important in the larger scheme of things re: TP. 

Lynch's rest of filmography is similarly weird. Inland Empire was him getting lost up his own ass, Lost Highway is similarly pretentious but less insufferable, Blue Velvet is really good though, and Eraserhead I can forgive because how damn creepy it is 

10 minutes ago, The King in Black said:

Nah but seriously, this is the best trilogy ever. 

Surely there has been some mistake here?

My favourite thing about that scene is the faces: Humbled, Humbled, Humbled, Pippin: 'Yeah I deserve this.'

But the signs of Peter Jacksons turn were already there. If he'd had greater access to the CGI he had in the Hobbit films, they would have exactly the same problems.

24 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Surely there has been some mistake here?

My favourite thing about that scene is the faces: Humbled, Humbled, Humbled, Pippin: 'Yeah I deserve this.'

But the signs of Peter Jacksons turn were already there. If he'd had greater access to the CGI he had in the Hobbit films, they would have exactly the same problems.

Yeah their reactions are my favorite part as well.

That's true. Though the same can also be said of a certain other guy who helmed a certain other franchise :P

Hey, the OT is good , no doubt about it. But LotR is not just in a different league altogether,no ; they're not even playing the same sport. 

1 hour ago, The King in Black said:

NEVER !! Never till the last of the Men of the West is standing will something so insidious as a LotR reboot be alllowed to exist !

Yeah and @RhaenysB if I were you I'd download Tor and start roaming the murky bazaars of the Deepweb  

The first film is decent the rest is trashy awfulness from the darkest depths of PJ's mind

1 hour ago, The King in Black said:

But but but... WHY? :crying: 

oh my, no, no. I'm fine on the surface. 

Archived