TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Congratulations on the win my little flowery friend.

Thank you, my favourite Dark Side spammer.

3 hours ago, Harlot said:

Aww, thank you @Buckwheat:love:    I had a great time racing again.  And now that Chrome has my password, maybe I'll stop by more often.  

You are welcome to. :)

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Yes, and we shall rule over our realm of useless degrees and squashed dreams with iron fists!

Nobody shall be able to fight our shitty unreliable freelancing contracts! :commie:

51 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Surely there has been some mistake here?

My favourite thing about that scene is the faces: Humbled, Humbled, Humbled, Pippin: 'Yeah I deserve this.'

I wanted to post something like this. :D Sam just looks embarrassed.

10 minutes ago, Call me Odie said:

I'll survive. It's been a shitty winter/spring so i'm hoping for a better summer.

:grouphug:

Well, I finally read the entire memorial thread for LoB.  A lot to process.  I was never close with him.  He was to me a fixture of this place for the time I was here.  After many of us moved on, primarily keeping in touch via FB, he was always still there.  Commenting and being himself in the way he always was, unfiltered.  I appreciate you all indulging me a bit of old man rambling and nostalgia.  If I'm going to ramble on "The Board" then it has to be here in TTTNE.   If I start to annoy, just shuffle me off to the old spammers home where I can sip whiskey jello thru a straw :) 

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You do realise plenty of us were minors in 2007? :P

ok, 2009 then.  I know we were fully in the "PG13" spam by then ;)

As far as old school spam/racing goes, I used to love quoting songs.  I'd paste them one line at a time during the race...made it funny to read though.  We used to be truly random sometimes ;) 

8 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

ok, 2009 then.  I know we were fully in the "PG13" spam by then ;)

As far as old school spam/racing goes, I used to love quoting songs.  I'd paste them one line at a time during the race...made it funny to read though.  We used to be truly random sometimes ;) 

Hello Lany :love:

The confusion is that 2011 is the last time I signed in, but I think even that was after a considerable absence.  Indeed it was 2007-2008 being the time I was here every day, playing mafia and spamming like a madman.  And connecting to with people I still adore to this day.  So spam like it's 2007.  2011 was well after the Floob and HBO and the exodus.  

45 minutes ago, Harlot said:

The confusion is that 2011 is the last time I signed in, but I think even that was after a considerable absence.  Indeed it was 2007-2008 being the time I was here every day, playing mafia and spamming like a madman.  And connecting to with people I still adore to this day.  So spam like it's 2007.  2011 was well after the Floob and HBO and the exodus.  

2007... I didn't even know what asoiaf was... 2007.... I was so young :crying: 

I am going to go ahead and change the title to 2007. Seems like that was a good time to be here and spam it up. ;) Alas, I was 15 for the most of 2007. Apparently it was not quite minor-friendly here back then. :P

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I've tasted the Dornishman's life. :leer:

:blushing::blushing::blushing::leaving:

1 hour ago, Harlot said:

:kiss: You know the adoration is mutual (from everyone, not just me)

Yeah, I don't post much anymore either.  A little bit in politics and a little bit in entertainment, but not much total.  Mostly I am too busy. 

I really miss playing mafia though.  Those were some good times!

53 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

So were we all my dear.  *sigh*  I was still feeling my 30's back then :leer:  Hell, I wasn't even a grandmother yet

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

In those days it was a book forum for real nerds :lol:  

But with so many years between books, we just naturally had to find other things to talk about.  

6 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

So were we all my dear.  *sigh*  I was still feeling my 30's back then :leer:  Hell, I wasn't even a grandmother yet

It's insane to believe that was ten years ago. I feel like I haven't changed or progressed one bit. :bawl: 

how old are your grandkids? 

5 minutes ago, Harlot said:

In those days it was a book forum for real nerds :lol:  

But with so many years between books, we just naturally had to find other things to talk about.  

In those days I was on fanpop and I was obsessing over Tudors (no, I wasn't innocent) and Lotr and Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter and Charmed and the like. 

Quite understandable :D I can't imagine what people who followed the books from the beginning feel like when even I, who only jumped on this bandwagon when the show kicked off, am sick of waiting. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:grouphug:

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Things seem pretty crappy all over. :grouphug: Hope things pick up for you.

Thank you Buck, thank you Bear. A bit of health problems, a few deaths, economic problems, and a little more health problems have made 2017 so far less exciting but more depressing. Did I say economic problems?!?!?!?

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Quite understandable :D I can't imagine what people who followed the books from the beginning feel like when even I, who only jumped on this bandwagon when the show kicked off, am sick of waiting. 

You don't want to know :bang::commie:

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I've met GRRM and he seems a nice enough guy.  But I admit having a good deal of resentment about the HBO series getting an ending when we're still waiting for books.  I know he doesn't owe us anything, blah, blah, the same shit people have been saying since they were waiting for AFFC.  Regardless, this one actually irks me.  And I'm glad I haven't watched the show.  Now I'll always have the books the way I remember them.  

That said, I'll always be grateful that the books brought me to this place and the people I met here - both online and IRL. 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

It's insane to believe that was ten years ago. I feel like I haven't changed or progressed one bit. :bawl: 

Even if you do not feel or see it, it does not mean it did not happen.

10 minutes ago, Call me Odie said:

Thank you Buck, thank you Bear. A bit of health problem, a few deaths, economic problems, and a little more health problems have made 2017 so far less exciting but more depressing. Did I say economic problems?!?!?!?

Awww, I am sorry, Odie. You can always share and stress out here, if that helps you. :grouphug:

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you, my favourite Dark Side spammer.

I think that's actually the nicest thing you've ever said to me :P.

Ah 2007, I was 19 and not in a good place whatsoever.

In 2007 I was starting secondary school (11/12) so chew on that Oldies. :P 

Actually 2007-2012 was the period where my life started to go wrong and has really had a knock on effect to pretty much everything I've done since then. So boo to that. 

1 hour ago, Harlot said:

I've met GRRM and he seems a nice enough guy.  But I admit having a good deal of resentment about the HBO series getting an ending when we're still waiting for books.  I know he doesn't owe us anything, blah, blah, the same shit people have been saying since they were waiting for AFFC.  Regardless, this one actually irks me.  And I'm glad I haven't watched the show.  Now I'll always have the books the way I remember them. 

I am pretty sure it irks ... many people.

I started to read a few years before the show, when the first book came out in Slovene, so ... 2008 maybe? Got tired with waiting for the Slovene translations after the second one and read on in English. I joined the board just before the show without even knowing there was going to be a show, it was only about the books for me.

I met him too, first at a marathon signing in Ljubljana, the one after which he decided not to give out personalisations anymore because it was unmanageable. (I was in the line for like 5 hours and only got an autograph, boo - but very understandable.) I remembered him as a very tired man barely able to hold a pen anymore.

He was livelier in London, though.

That said, I'll always be grateful that the books brought me to this place and the people I met here - both online and IRL. 

This. :love: This forum is so special.

21 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I think that's actually the nicest thing you've ever said to me :P.

I did not know you even liked nice things, oh my lovely adorable hophoppity princess, Sun and Stars? *blushes*

1 hour ago, Harlot said:

I'm the other side of the coin. It was the show that brought me here and to the books, the show sucks, but it's still on and my only hope to see how the story ends. And yes, I have a laaarge amount of resentment because I'm an entitled, impatient millennial and I cannot fathom how it can take over 6 years to write a book regardless of how genius it is. So yeah, feeling pretty ambivalent about the books these days, but I still love the story and the world and I'm glad it brought me here. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Even if you do not feel or see it, it does not mean it did not happen.

I've been told I changed a lot in the past couple of years (for the better, fortunately, at least according to these people) and it's always nice to hear that, but as you said, I don't really feel or see it. 

8 minutes ago, Harlot said:

I should have come to read the board when it was announced the show would overtake the books.  I imagine it was a real shitstorm. :lol: 

There's always a shitstorm when a new season comes out. :lol: 

Archived