TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I did not know you even liked nice things, oh my lovely adorable hophoppity princess, Sun and Stars? *blushes*

Of course I like nice things, it's just my definition of nice and most other people's seems to differ, except for hop hops, everyone thinks they're nice.

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

It's insane to believe that was ten years ago. I feel like I haven't changed or progressed one bit. :bawl: 

how old are your grandkids? 

In those days I was on fanpop and I was obsessing over Tudors (no, I wasn't innocent) and Lotr and Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter and Charmed and the like. 

Quite understandable :D I can't imagine what people who followed the books from the beginning feel like when even I, who only jumped on this bandwagon when the show kicked off, am sick of waiting. 

Marcus is 9 and Logan is 6.  My daughter is about to turn 32.

Waiting has been tough. 

6 hours ago, Harlot said:

Well, I finally read the entire memorial thread for LoB.  A lot to process.  I was never close with him.  He was to me a fixture of this place for the time I was here.  After many of us moved on, primarily keeping in touch via FB, he was always still there.  Commenting and being himself in the way he always was, unfiltered.  I appreciate you all indulging me a bit of old man rambling and nostalgia.  If I'm going to ramble on "The Board" then it has to be here in TTTNE.   If I start to annoy, just shuffle me off to the old spammers home where I can sip whiskey jello thru a straw :) 

i cheer you @Harlot...no worries about being spamblocked...i am interested in your stories....i have been here since 2o12 and bones was my first friend...i look forward to your words...

3 hours ago, Harlot said:

I've met GRRM and he seems a nice enough guy.  But I admit having a good deal of resentment about the HBO series getting an ending when we're still waiting for books.  I know he doesn't owe us anything, blah, blah, the same shit people have been saying since they were waiting for AFFC.  Regardless, this one actually irks me.  And I'm glad I haven't watched the show.  Now I'll always have the books the way I remember them.  

That said, I'll always be grateful that the books brought me to this place and the people I met here - both online and IRL. 

i met him too in charlotte, nc.. i was drunker but he was happier...i told him take your time...if i die first what the hell...the story has carried me a long way...

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes. It's so sad. Hobbit sucked and LOTR is kinda forgotten with game of thrones around. Poor LoTR... I loved it. Even though I missed the good old low fantasy elements even back in the day. My dirty teenage mind... 

yeah, once again, it's great to be a Star Wars fan *.* maybe some day there will be a Lotr reboot. I offer my services to writing the sequel. 

Yeah. I watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean just now. It's time for that franchise to die.

7 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Fire Walk is in that weird zone where I wouldn't really  recommend it to anyone, but it is very important in the larger scheme of things re: TP. 

Lynch's rest of filmography is similarly weird. Inland Empire was him getting lost up his own ass, Lost Highway is similarly pretentious but less insufferable, Blue Velvet is really good though, and Eraserhead I can forgive because how damn creepy it is 

So I've heard, yeah. I'll watch all his well-reviewed stuff in due time.

7 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Nah but seriously, this is the best trilogy ever. 

Am I the only who finds most of this scene ridiculously cheesy? Aragor honoring the Hobbits is great but everyone bowing, and then Arwen's appearance, just kind of ruin the effect for me.

6 hours ago, The King in Black said:

Hey, the OT is good , no doubt about it. But LotR is not just in a different league altogether,no ; they're not even playing the same sport. 

Agreed, if what you mean is that Star Wars plays football and LOTR plays table football.

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Of course I like nice things, it's just my definition of nice and most other people's seems to differ, except for hop hops, everyone thinks they're nice.

Oh. Yeah, most people do not find electrocuting Jedis nice, maybe they forgot to teach you that in Sith school. On the other hand, they do find ewoks nice. ;)

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh. Yeah, most people do not find electrocuting Jedis nice, maybe they forgot to teach you that in Sith school. On the other hand, they do find ewoks nice. ;)

Electrocuting Jedi' is one of the nicest things ever, even nicer than hop hops!.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Even if you do not feel or see it, it does not mean it did not happen.

Awww, I am sorry, Odie. You can always share and stress out here, if that helps you. :grouphug:

Thank you my friend, I remember that the next time. This spring I have mostly concentrated on putting one foot in front of the other, and not just rolling into a ball and cry.

Tried to log in this morning and the board was lagtastic.  Tried again and the board was down.  Did Ran forget to feed the hamsters on thge wheel again?  Now *that* is an authentic 2007 board experience. :lol:  

16 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Marcus is 9 and Logan is 6.  My daughter is about to turn 32.

Waiting has been tough. 

Aww, that's a sweet age. :wub: kids are cute at that age. 

16 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Yeah. I watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean just now. It's time for that franchise to die.

I thought it was better than the last one. Not that it's difficult to be better than that. 

16 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Do you ever call him Young Man Logan?

:lmao: 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Aww, that's a sweet age. :wub: kids are cute at that age. 

I thought it was better than the last one. Not that it's difficult to be better than that. 

Oh, I agree. It's not that I got no joy out of it at all. But it was the exact same story as the first one, and Jack Sparrow was written so poorly that he was about the least entertaining character in the story.

2 hours ago, Harlot said:

Tried to log in this morning and the board was lagtastic.  Tried again and the board was down.  Did Ran forget to feed the hamsters on thge wheel again?  Now *that* is an authentic 2007 board experience. :lol:  

That's not a uncommon board experience in 2017 either unfortunately. 

19 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Oh, I agree. It's not that I got no joy out of it at all. But it was the exact same story as the first one, and Jack Sparrow was written so poorly that he was about the least entertaining character in the story.

Yeah... well they found out in stranger tides that they can't come up with a new plot so better reach back to the roots. Yeah, jack was awful and so was Johnny Depp to be honest. He was essentially a junkie Ragnar in pirate clothes. 

49 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That's not a uncommon board experience in 2017 either unfortunately. 

I'm sorry to hear that. :( 

At the same time, I guess it's somewhat endearing how little has changed.  

I very rarely have trouble logging in.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah... well they found out in stranger tides that they can't come up with a new plot so better reach back to the roots. Yeah, jack was awful and so was Johnny Depp to be honest. He was essentially a junkie Ragnar in pirate clothes. 

At least he was witty sometimes on OST. Here, it was like they wanted him to be funny so badly that every word out of his mouth had to be a joke, and usually poor ones at that. He had no emotion whatsoever. Geoffrey Rush and Kaya Scodelario were nice though

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I very rarely have trouble logging in.

At least he was witty sometimes on OST. Here, it was like they wanted him to be funny so badly that every word out of his mouth had to be a joke, and usually poor ones at that. He had no emotion whatsoever. Geoffrey Rush and Kaya Scodelario were nice though

Is Keira in it again?, I used to have a crush on her when I was a teenager.

Just for @Harlot a return to classic Lany postings :P

My counterpart at a company we are working with is named Max Bang (seriously) and because I am such a juvenile, I have giggled about this several times.

Talking to my boss about my deal update I said "I talked to him [Max] for over 30 minutes. I never talk to anyone on the phone for 30 minutes"

Bossman: "Well, not everyone is named Max Bang" :rofl:

Archived