TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

Hey Mark and Rhae.

Oh - I'm SOOO excited for the premiere this Sunday.  I'm having a big Feast of Thrones party with costume contest and an 'archery' contest (targets will be Joffrey and Ramsay).  Hopefully everyone shows and we'll have about 25 or 30 people here.  

In preparation, I've run a second cable so we can watch in two separate rooms, 'cause that's more people we're ever had in our house.  

Last night I made Sigil cookies.  :-)

Oh the suspense isn't killing me because of the show. It's killing me because I'm inches away from getting a flat and I'm so scared it'll go wrong. 

As for the show, I'm kinda excited, but I also dread the disappointment because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be good. 

54 minutes ago, Q the Cat said:

Hey Mark and Rhae.

Oh - I'm SOOO excited for the premiere this Sunday.  I'm having a big Feast of Thrones party with costume contest and an 'archery' contest (targets will be Joffrey and Ramsay).  Hopefully everyone shows and we'll have about 25 or 30 people here.  

In preparation, I've run a second cable so we can watch in two separate rooms, 'cause that's more people we're ever had in our house.  

Last night I made Sigil cookies.  :-)

Hi Qat! Lovely to see you around! 

And wow that's what I call a party!!! Sounds amazing. I wish I could do something like that. Maybe next season. 

Sigil cookies sound fun! There was a Drogon's Breath cocktail recipe on EW's instagram, I thought it was so cool. Are you making themed drinks too? 

I wish you lived closer so you could join us!

For drinks, we'll have beer and wine and a special bottle of mead.  I'm also making a non-alcoholic punch for the non-imbibers.  Probably a sparkling lemonade type of drink/punch, although I"m not sure what I'll call it.  Suggestions?

One of Tom's friends is coming as Tormund and bring "Dragon Drums" - turkey legs he brined and smoked.

My son is bringing "Robert's Revenge Ribs".  My admin from work is bringing "Baratheon Pies" - I'm not sure yet what those are!

A friend is making the Sansa Lemoncakes (I've made these several times already, so it's nice to let someone else do it).

I'm making "Dornish Salad Boats" - chicken salad served up in whole romaine leaves.  Cookies, cheese and fruit plates and loads of other things too.

So far, I've got a Melissandre, a Yara/ Asha Greyjoy, Torumnd, and two Dany's,  Most folks haven't told me yet what they're wearing.  I decided on being a Sand Snake - since the weather has been quite warm lately and I want to be comfortable I figured the typical Catelyn Stark costume wouldn't work.

For the prizes, I snagged several heavily discounted GoT items from HBO.com and amazon.

Aww, you are so sweet. That's really a party I would happily join. The food sounds amazing, I'm sure you guys are going to have a blast. 

I don't think I would do such a big dinner party if I hosted a GoT viewing, I think we would just stick with snacks. But dinner and GoT together, that sounds like a great package :D

I suck at naming things, but I'm sure you can get inspired on YouTube, there are lots of GoT themed drinks with cool names. 

omg there are even prizes! Is there a competition? Like guests have to guess stuff? That's so much fun! 

We're having a costume contest and an 'archery' contest.  The archery will consist of either a bb gun shooting at a target or a nerf bow and arrow shooting at a target.  The targets will be Joffrey and Ramsay.  So fun, except I hope my neighbors don't get too upset with us!

Dinner is more potluck - so not too much stress on me, since there are so many coming.

Oh yeah, you said that already, I'm sorry, my mind is all over the place. 

Im sure the neighbor will survive one Sunday night :D 

I'm rewatching season 6 episode 10 for no reason. Miguel Sapochnik is a genius. No idea how He could turn that joke of a script into such stunning sequences. I mean it's so amazing. If only the plot made just a tad bit of sense...! 

Oh yeah, you said that already, I'm sorry, my mind is all over the place. 

Im sure the neighbor will survive one Sunday night :D 

I'm rewatching season 6 episode 10 for no reason. Miguel Sapochnik is a genius. No idea how He could turn that joke of a script into such stunning sequences. I mean it's so amazing. If only the plot made just a tad bit of sense...! 

Awesome idea Cat!

17 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

S6E10 might be my favorite episode of the entire show, I'll have to rewatch it too before season 7 starts.

Well today's gone to shit. I found out my aunt committed suicide. She was 45, struggled with opiate addiction for a long time, but she seemed like she finally got her life figured out these past few years. Apparently she went to her favorite forest, and ended it right there in a clearing. The funny thing is her funeral will be the first time i've seen most of my dads family for the first time in like 10 years. A death in the family is what it takes to bring us together. RIP aunt Jennifer, you were always my favorite aunt.  

11 hours ago, Kaminsod said:

Well today's gone to shit. I found out my aunt committed suicide. She was 45, struggled with opiate addiction for a long time, but she seemed like she finally got her life figured out these past few years. Apparently she went to her favorite forest, and ended it right there in a clearing. The funny thing is her funeral will be the first time i've seen most of my dads family for the first time in like 10 years. A death in the family is what it takes to bring us together. RIP aunt Jennifer, you were always my favorite aunt.  

Oh my, Wally, really sorry to hear this. My condolences to your family. :grouphug: 

Archived