TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

1 hour ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@Buckwheat I'm glad I'm still in your life and in your facebook <3

Had a terrible day with a very sick cat at the vet and the hospital having to decide if we can afford to let her live. We're going to try and save her but it's going to be a tough road. Poor kitty.

Sorry If i'm missing anyone's posts right now. My head is full of kitty. Apologies :(

Oooooh I'm so sorry. Hope the kitten gets better soon! :grouphug: 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

You know you are indeed very self conscious when you fret over minor things like facebook posts. :P

Yeah, that is exactly why I do not want to have that many random acquaintances there, I would only want to people I really trust to see stuff. But then, I do not post anything personal anyway.

Yeah, they must ... I see more sense in helping people share their questionnaire for their thesis, but I don't do that either because I guess I am just that selfish, mwahahaha.

Oh, a career change is always possible. ;) Not easy, but probably possible.

Oh. Not for me, but tastes are highly subjective. Clouds just seem gloomy and everything is so grey under them to me.

Fret about it? No. It's not like I'm biting my nails about what my home town neighbor thinks about the frappucino I'm drinking, I just don't feel the need to share it with my entire Facebook, so I don't, I'll just send it to a friend or two or ramble about it along with my furniture here. 

Poor people whose thesis and phd questionnaire you didn't fill out :lol: 

yeah it totally is. But the younger you are the easier and faster it is, and the less cost it has (not financially). 

:dunno: I love curling up on a sofa or in a soft chair with a fluffy blanket and watch/read something and have a hot tea while it's raining outside. It's calming and peaceful. 

9 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Fret about it? No. It's not like I'm biting my nails about what my home town neighbor thinks about the frappucino I'm drinking, I just don't feel the need to share it with my entire Facebook, so I don't, I'll just send it to a friend or two or ramble about it along with my furniture here.

Oh, I was talking about myself. :lol:

22 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

It did sound like it though, he is failing in his duties.

Good, strike her down with all of your hatred, no one should make a fool out of my apprentice , how do you plan to attempt to overthrow me one day if you can't even manage your clothing properly?.

Well, obviously I'm not going to tell you, it's going to be a surprise.

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. But you are still in time to change your mind and start a completely different thing if you want to. Exploring other branches seems like a great compromise, maybe you'll find something you love and you don't have to change your studies entirely. 

It was gloom and cold yesterday, but it's going back to sunny 25C today.... I want cloudy with 15-20C. 

Yeah. I'm only 19, I have time to make my mind up.

Why on earth? I'll take your 25C anytime.

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The correct way to deal with people stealing your clothes is to fry them and then become a nudist so that apparent weakness can never be exploited again. 

'Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you... or do the exact opposite.'

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I was talking about myself. :lol:

Are you self conscious about your Facebook posts? 

From what you said it seemed to me they are just very well thought out and purposeful. 

10 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Yeah. I'm only 19, I have time to make my mind up.

Why on earth? I'll take your 25C anytime.

I'm bored with summer. I'm a winter baby, I prefer cooler weather, I guess 

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty ...

Purr purr purr

27 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

You will not stop me, Darth Junior will become more powerful than either of us.

19 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

From what you said it seemed to me they are just very well thought out and purposeful. 

Well, I try to make them so, because I am conscious about how I come across. :P

Okay, no really, mostly I either post quotes from books I find interesting. Or it is just posts from other people that appear because I am tagged in them.

I am a winter baby too. :) I like both winter and summer. I like lots of snow, so I like winter. I like hot summer because I recently discovered the joys of flattering summer clothing. I do not like the weather in-between, the rain and clouds and mildly cold-ish but not really cold, mildly warm-ish but not really warm is a bit better.

Speaking of clothing, here is a Project Buck In Skinny Jeans update:

I had to throw away one pair that tore on the typical rubby spot after being worn for less than a year. It was a black pair that looked nice and I also got really comfortable in skinny jeans recently (okay, during summer I was mostly in shorts/dresses anyway, but in the months before that). Pity it was of horrible quality, the dye leaked so much when I washed them for the first time, and the tear ... I am not buying anything from that shop again.

I now desperately need new jeans. Most of what I am left with (I threw some others out today as well) is from my pre-skinny phase and not in the best condition at the ends of the legs because ... well, I walked over them with my heels. Now that I am all serious and mature and grown up :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, I cannot afford that anymore. I want something decent.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh I'm a winter baby too, but summers here are just too short

47 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Purr purr purr

You will not stop me, Darth Junior will become more powerful than either of us.

That's exactly what I'm counting on. Soon I will have an apprentice of my own, far younger and more powerful...

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, I try to make them so, because I am conscious about how I come across. :P

Okay, no really, mostly I either post quotes from books I find interesting. Or it is just posts from other people that appear because I am tagged in them.

I am a winter baby too. :) I like both winter and summer. I like lots of snow, so I like winter. I like hot summer because I recently discovered the joys of flattering summer clothing. I do not like the weather in-between, the rain and clouds and mildly cold-ish but not really cold, mildly warm-ish but not really warm is a bit better.

Speaking of clothing, here is a Project Buck In Skinny Jeans update:

I had to throw away one pair that tore on the typical rubby spot after being worn for less than a year. It was a black pair that looked nice and I also got really comfortable in skinny jeans recently (okay, during summer I was mostly in shorts/dresses anyway, but in the months before that). Pity it was of horrible quality, the dye leaked so much when I washed them for the first time, and the tear ... I am not buying anything from that shop again.

I now desperately need new jeans. Most of what I am left with (I threw some others out today as well) is from my pre-skinny phase and not in the best condition at the ends of the legs because ... well, I walked over them with my heels. Now that I am all serious and mature and grown up :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, I cannot afford that anymore. I want something decent.

I suppose the whole winter babies like winter and summer babies like summer is a big fat lie :lol: 

pff, I'm yet to discover summer clothing I don't boil in during late July and August. I used to love winter but since we don't really get proper winter anymore (it's either 10C and no snow or -15C and no snow), I've changed my allegiance and I'm a fan of autumn. Well... October and November. September is usually like an extended August though it did get slightly cooler in the past couple days. 

Yay! So happy you are enjoying your skinny jeans! I have to throw away a pair of €10 h&m jeans too which is a shame because for some inexplicable reason I grew insanely fond of them. (I originally bought them after spilling coffee on myself on a shopping trip to have something to change into asap) and yeah it's probably a good idea to get rid of jeans with unintentional holes at the ends. If you want to go for non-jean grown-up trousers, do give chinos a chance, they are very versatile and can be dressed up or down quite easily for casual and semi-formal days. As for skinny jeans, sister gave me a pair of Levi's that don't fit her anymore ( = she is bored with them), and they are probably the best fit I've ever had. They could be a little darker, but the style is a dream, so I totally recommend that brand if you want good quality jeans. 

48 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Oh I'm a winter baby too, but summers here are just too short

That's exactly what I'm counting on. Soon I will have an apprentice of my own, far younger and more powerful...

I doubt she would allow you to live.....

22 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

thank you.

hopefully little ball of fur will be a little ball of fur a few years longer. Coming days will be crucial. The operation is going to be complicated and we're not sure she'll make it out.

pfffffffff. The whiskey I have is much needed.

How is kitty doing Ash?, I hope she is ok :).

21 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yay! So happy you are enjoying your skinny jeans! I have to throw away a pair of €10 h&m jeans too which is a shame because for some inexplicable reason I grew insanely fond of them. (I originally bought them after spilling coffee on myself on a shopping trip to have something to change into asap) and yeah it's probably a good idea to get rid of jeans with unintentional holes at the ends. If you want to go for non-jean grown-up trousers, do give chinos a chance, they are very versatile and can be dressed up or down quite easily for casual and semi-formal days. As for skinny jeans, sister gave me a pair of Levi's that don't fit her anymore ( = she is bored with them), and they are probably the best fit I've ever had. They could be a little darker, but the style is a dream, so I totally recommend that brand if you want good quality jeans.

I cannot wear any H&M jeans, they are all too skinny for me. At least they were when I tried them on last, which was years ago, but then I suppose neither my figure nor their weird ideas of jeans sizes have changed since. I don't like H&M much anyway.

I had to google what chinos are. Okay, so ... trousers?

3 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@Lord Sidious 

She's not, but with the vets approval we could cancel the cremation for tonight.

She's hooked to an IV now and the vet says it's hopeful. It's still uncertain whether or not she will pull through. Coming days will tell. Thank you for asking.

:grouphug: My fingers are crossed for her to pull through, losing a pet is a horrible experience and I hope you don't have to go through it yet, she sounds like a little fighter though :).

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I cannot wear any H&M jeans, they are all too skinny for me. At least they were when I tried them on last, which was years ago, but then I suppose neither my figure nor their weird ideas of jeans sizes have changed since. I don't like H&M much anyway.

I had to google what chinos are. Okay, so ... trousers?

They have some funny ideas about sizing indeed. 

Trousers are like a group of clothing items you wear on your legs aren't they? There are various styles of trousers made of various materials (for example chino fabric or leather or corduroy or whatever), no?

5 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@Lord Sidious 

She's not, but with the vets approval we could cancel the cremation for tonight.

She's hooked to an IV now and the vet says it's hopeful. It's still uncertain whether or not she will pull through. Coming days will tell. Thank you for asking.

Oh damn... I hope poor baby gets better. Fingers crossed for your kitten, may the old gods and the new help her through this fight. :grouphug: 

Thank you all.

Preliminary tests weren't great, but we're going to wait over the weekend. Hope she'll turn. 

About H&M jeans: I have never fitted any of those either. I had much better luck with other European chains in the same price range. H&M sizing is ridiculous, at least in my range (8-10 us / uk 10-12 / 38-40). Since i'm 6ft / 181 everything is too short as well. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

They have some funny ideas about sizing indeed. 

Trousers are like a group of clothing items you wear on your legs aren't they? There are various styles of trousers made of various materials (for example chino fabric or leather or corduroy or whatever), no?

Yes, they are. The point was I did not know what that meant and am still not sure I am thinking of the right thing, google images do not tell me much.

I do not go by names of clothing ... have no idea about them. I just choose what I like when I see it.

35 minutes ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Preliminary tests weren't great, but we're going to wait over the weekend. Hope she'll turn. 

:grouphug:

35 minutes ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

About H&M jeans: I have never fitted any of those either. I had much better luck with other European chains in the same price range. H&M sizing is ridiculous, at least in my range (8-10 us / uk 10-12 / 38-40). Since i'm 6ft / 181 everything is too short as well. 

My size is about 38 too, at least around the waist. But I am short. Most trousers are too long or too narrow for my thighs.

Archived