TTTNE 470: Spam like it's 2007!

Buckwheat

So this is the first time I am taking the bus to and from Vienna, and I must say it is actually working out just fine. I used to reject buses on long journeys altogether, but it is not any worse than the train really.

Well, okay, three more hours and a bit still to go.

And yes, the last pope did retire.

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So this is the first time I am taking the bus to and from Vienna, and I must say it is actually working out just fine. I used to reject buses on long journeys altogether, but it is not any worse than the train really.

Well, okay, three more hours and a bit still to go.

And yes, the last pope did retire.

:eek: my problem with long bus rides had always been the lack of lavatory. Is this some advanced vehicle with a built in lavatory? Or I'm the only person who needs the loo every time there isn't one around? 

13 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

:eek: my problem with long bus rides had always been the lack of lavatory. Is this some advanced vehicle with a built in lavatory? Or I'm the only person who needs the loo every time there isn't one around? 

Exactly! I thought I was the only one who had this problem with long bus rides. It is really a nervous/psychical thing that one feels one needs it exactly when there isn't one.

This is indeed an advanced vehicle with a built in lavatory. Also pauses are made, so you can go there at the gas station or the highway stop (whatever Raststation is in English).

And both faster and cheaper on this route than the train.

10 hours ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

@felice I guess fingers crossed? Is there any outcome of your election you'd be ok with?

Not really. An NZ First-Labour-Greens coalition would certainly be less awful than NZ First-National in the short term, but I'm not sure if it would help or hurt the chances of getting Labour-Greens over 50% next time. What I'd really like is a solo Greens government, but that's not going to happen till after the capital city gets flooded by rising sea levels if ever. Anyway, the Special Votes will be counted in a couple of weeks, and we'll probably find out who Winston will pick not too long after that. I mean, in theory, we could have a Labour-National coalition instead - far more practical than the National-Green coalition some have been advocating - but the two big parties are still essentially defined by their opposition to each other even after 21 years of MMP.

On 24/09/2017 at 5:01 AM, RhaenysB said:

So I finally found out where @felice is from. I googled this Winston Peters person, wow he is OLD.

Old and racist; he's the type who'd want to build a wall along the border if we weren't already surrounded by ocean.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Exactly! I thought I was the only one who had this problem with long bus rides. It is really a nervous/psychical thing that one feels one needs it exactly when there isn't one.

This is indeed an advanced vehicle with a built in lavatory. Also pauses are made, so you can go there at the gas station or the highway stop (whatever Raststation is in English).

And both faster and cheaper on this route than the train.

Oh wow, I don't think we have buses like that. Then again, the max amount of time I travel by bus is an hour, so I have no idea about long distance buses. 

Wow that's curious! It's usually faster and cheaper to take the train here. 

16 minutes ago, felice said:

Not really. An NZ First-Labour-Greens coalition would certainly be less awful than NZ First-National in the short term, but I'm not sure if it would help or hurt the chances of getting Labour-Greens over 50% next time. What I'd really like is a solo Greens government, but that's not going to happen till after the capital city gets flooded by rising sea levels if ever. Anyway, the Special Votes will be counted in a couple of weeks, and we'll probably find out who Winston will pick not too long after that. I mean, in theory, we could have a Labour-National coalition instead - far more practical than the National-Green coalition some have been advocating - but the two big parties are still essentially defined by their opposition to each other even after 21 years of MMP.

Old and racist; he's the type who'd want to build a wall along the border if we weren't already surrounded by ocean.

Well that seems to be a popular combo these days, but let's hope 2017 brought us the wisdom we didn't have in 2016. 

AAAAAAND check this out!  I know you are all dying to see my magnificent handiwork.  Or not. But I'll show it off anyways. I'm not a particularly crafty person but it turned out to be surprisingly pretty. And I'll keep makeup brushes in that jar when the not very good smelling candle finally burns out from it. 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh wow, I don't think we have buses like that. Then again, the max amount of time I travel by bus is an hour, so I have no idea about long distance buses.

Most of the long distance buses here don't have them, though some do.

Well that seems to be a popular combo these days, but let's hope 2017 brought us the wisdom we didn't have in 2016. 

Indeed.

Nice!

Rhae is that the vanity? It's very pretty! I hope to sand and paint mine soon. Or at least sometime this year. 

I find converse hard to walk in. Is that weird? 

My rant for the week: Cable. 

Where we live now has only two decent internet/cable providers. And I feel they are comitting extortion. They are charging $105/month just for internet. No cable tv just internet. I think they have figured out how to hold customers hostage financially by increasing internet rates to offset the lack of customers wanting cable. Most people have Netflix or apps instead of cable right? We don't really watch tv and prefer the quality of PlayStation vue over the crappy quality of the cable tv here. But a "bundle"'of cable, internet and land line phone is $128/month. Internet alone is $105. How does that make any sense? 

Obviously, there is precisely zero interesting things going on in my life right now. I certainly hope your weekend was more exciting. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow that's curious! It's usually faster and cheaper to take the train here.

The website shows me some stops in your country with that bus company (don't want to advertise here, so won't link it in a public thread), but not that many.

That is probably because our train system is stuck in 19th century.

12 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

AAAAAAND check this out!  I know you are all dying to see my magnificent handiwork.  Or not. But I'll show it off anyways. I'm not a particularly crafty person but it turned out to be surprisingly pretty. And I'll keep makeup brushes in that jar when the not very good smelling candle finally burns out from it. 

Very elegant!

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Where we live now has only two decent internet/cable providers. And I feel they are comitting extortion. They are charging $105/month just for internet. No cable tv just internet. I think they have figured out how to hold customers hostage financially by increasing internet rates to offset the lack of customers wanting cable. Most people have Netflix or apps instead of cable right? We don't really watch tv and prefer the quality of PlayStation vue over the crappy quality of the cable tv here. But a "bundle"'of cable, internet and land line phone is $128/month. Internet alone is $105. How does that make any sense? 

Obviously, there is precisely zero interesting things going on in my life right now. I certainly hope your weekend was more exciting. 

These are indeed some ridiculous prices.

33 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Maybe it was a gentle force push as she explores her powers in utero

eta: why am I so excited and gushy over the Sith baby? I am never usually like this over children

Because you know she is the true chosen one, to plunge the force into darkness forever, I will be so proud :D.

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Rhae is that the vanity? It's very pretty! I hope to sand and paint mine soon. Or at least sometime this year. 

I find converse hard to walk in. Is that weird? 

My rant for the week: Cable. 

Yeah, that's one corner of the vanity at 80% percent readiness. Still need to add some last touches for the area to be ready. 

Cable: that is absolutely sick. I have (mid-range, nothing super fast) internet and hbo go for what is around $20. Plus Netflix is like $15. And I'm actually thinking about canceling HBO because I haven't even opened it since GoT finished... parents have landline phone, internet and cable for about $33. 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The website shows me some stops in your country with that bus company (don't want to advertise here, so won't link it in a public thread), but not that many.

That is probably because our train system is stuck in 19th century.

Very elegant!

These are indeed some ridiculous prices.

I don't think I ever rode a bus that wasn't a national bus-transportation-provider-thing (whatever the term for this is) bus. and those are obviously crappy. 

Yeah, ours too :lol:  ÖBB always feels like it's from the future, not that I travel with them more than once a year. 

we are getting there, thanks :D 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

KICK

or some

kind of movement anyway.

Kick? She is practicing the dramatic hand raise to prepare for electrocuting/choking people. 

22 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Not bad at all, glad it's coming together.

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

KICK

or some

kind of movement anyway.

Force kick!

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Maybe it was a gentle force push as she explores her powers in utero

eta: why am I so excited and gushy over the Sith baby? I am never usually like this over children

I'm honestly more excited about the Sith baby than I am about the babies in my own family. Almost all my nieces are having babies now and I forget which ones are pregnant all the time, or what names they gave their kids.

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Force mind tricks? She's very young to be expressing that sort of power already!

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't think I ever rode a bus that wasn't a national bus-transportation-provider-thing (whatever the term for this is) bus. and those are obviously crappy. 

Yeah, ours too :lol:  ÖBB always feels like it's from the future, not that I travel with them more than once a year.

Heh. This. :P

57 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I'm honestly more excited about the Sith baby than I am about the babies in my own family. Almost all my nieces are having babies now and I forget which ones are pregnant all the time, or what names they gave their kids.

Nieces? :o

@felice yeah I get it. We're stuck in a similarly fractured political landscape with similar issues. They've been working on forming a government for since march. Not that I mind much, since as long as there's no deal, no controversial decisions will be made. Curious to see what happens in your country. 

And the Sith baby is so exciting, even though I hope she may encounter other lifestyles than Sith :P But Buck will babysit so I have hope :P

Archived