"Not-so-main" characters appreciation thread -Season 7 [Book Spoilers]

Meera of Tarth

36 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Reveal hidden contents

Part of the leaks i simply do not understand along with Bran becoming a weird guy and Meera leaving him.

Spoiler

This was from the second leaker?

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This was from the second leaker?

Yes it was. It's just a bizarre but not entirely impossible. Bran to me was always a bit neglected by D&D to some extent - whether he's tricky to write for or not as cool as others. Back to Meera. I would love to see Meera and Arya fighting together.

Btw while we're debating this. Was it Dark Sister, the sword Benjen had right up against the tree while taking care of Bran and Meera? i would so love to see Dark Sister making its way to Arya and Meera to have catspawn's dagger or some other weapon.

11 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Yes it was. It's just a bizarre but not entirely impossible. Bran to me was always a bit neglected by D&D to some extent - whether he's tricky to write for or not as cool as others. Back to Meera. I would love to see Meera and Arya fighting together.

Btw while we're debating this. Was it Dark Sister, the sword Benjen had right up against the tree while taking care of Bran and Meera? i would so love to see Dark Sister making its way to Arya and Meera to have catspawn's dagger or some other weapon.

I don't remember Benjen having a sword...but Meera, I think she caught one when she was leaving the cave in the show, or was it the Valyrian weapon she used against the WW...I don't recall it correctly.

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Oh yes Podrick!!!!!!!!!!! I love him!!!! And Brienne has taught him how to fight!

I share your thoughts about Gendry and Arya. Looks too beautiful for these books/show, though. (??)

Naw, I don't think Arya/Gendry is too beautiful to be true.

I think it's been foreshadowed for a long time, in many scenes, and that the clincher was when Arya told Gendry "We could be a family."

I think it's a done deal.

5 hours ago, Cron said:

Naw, I don't think Arya/Gendry is too beautiful to be true.

I think it's been foreshadowed for a long time, in many scenes, and that the clincher was when Arya told Gendry "We could be a family."

I think it's a done deal.

I don't think it's a done deal but when Arya says that it really means she cares for him. Even the writer of the episode stated that it showed the love she feels for him (whatever type it is) in a podcast released at that time.

21 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think it's a done deal but when Arya says that it really means she cares for him. Even the writer of the episode stated that it showed the love she feels for him (whatever type it is) in a podcast released at that time.

I think Gendry likes Arya a lot, too.

The chemistry between them is excellent, and very natural.

By the time they meet again, she will have aged up quite a bit.  I think Gendry is probably too shy to make a move, but Arya is very aggressive by nature (in many ways), and I think she'll be all over him, and Gendry will be very receptive to that.

That's my prediction.

1 hour ago, Cron said:

I think Gendry likes Arya a lot, too.

The chemistry between them is excellent, and very natural.

By the time they meet again, she will have aged up quite a bit.  I think Gendry is probably too shy to make a move, but Arya is very aggressive by nature (in many ways), and I think she'll be all over him, and Gendry will be very receptive to that.

That's my prediction.

Yes, I think he likes her but he didn't feel anything romantic for her because she was too young for him. Although now that could change. In the books, it was more the opposite thing. He has the biggest crush.

Well, I'd welcome any plot with those two together. They made a great team and I like both of them.

17 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Podrick still has that ugly Lannister clothes. Better give him some proper Northern clothes.

Sam has blood on him.

Hide contents

Is it part of the training or is it for Jorah? 

I think it's his training!

On 6/9/2017 at 5:47 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

As for Sandor, yeah, I think he might have a role to play, early endgame and/or possibly endgame, and he definitely still has his story with Sansa to be told. There is more than having the big warrior, as you say.

The showrunners have said many times that the ending will have the same spirit that the books, so I think that SanSan is very possible, both mediums because of that reason. I see a love story in both mediums, with the difference that we don't get to see Sansa's internal speech in the show. However, we still had their last scene together in the show, and in my opinion, it was kind of romantic. He told her she should go with him, but she refused. I think that this time, it's him that will go to her, and they'll meet. SanSan is one of the two Beauty and The Beast inspired stories in the books/show (along with Jaime and Brienne) and, while it's true that it has not been as heavily hinted as JB in the show due to not having the internal monologue that exists in the books, they payed a lot of attention in their scenes together in the first seasons and I'm sure there must be a payoff to that. In the books, it's very clear she desires him. The difference will be that when Sandor and Sansa meet again in the show, she'll not be his little bird anymore. But they'll recatch their relationship. I think it would be really nice if Sansa decided to be with him, in the sense that she chooses for the very first time with who she wants to be and this time, the "Prince" is not a frog, and it's not a "prince", because she clearly doesn't want princes any more.

I also agree that, whatever it happens romantically, they'll show Sansa as an independent survivor.

I also want the humor of Sandor back! :P

Theon is one of my favoruite (top ten probably) characters in both mediums, although not a super favourite bc of him being grey, but I find him incredibly interesting. I'm really looking forward to his future. Yara, well......I prefer her in the books, and I'm against some decisions they have made to her character, but I still like her, and I like that they have emphasised quite a lot that she loves her brother and she is fierce, capable and loyal.

Ah, I've read a few of your posts commenting on the beauty and the best aspects of SanSan and Jaime/Brienne and I think you make great points.  I see SanSan definitely as much more likely to happen in the books.  In the show I wouldn't be surprised if Sandor ends up dying saving either Sansa or Arya since it doesn't seem like they'll do the SanSan relationship (at least to me).

As for Theon, I like Alfie Allen just fine as an actor and I think the character's story is heartbreaking, but since they moved him out of the north and have him with Dany I just don't see the point.  It made much more sense with him and Asha being prisoner's in Stannis' camp.  It feels like him and her with Dany was just to keep them around since the show runners didn't have anything else they could really do with them.  I feel like they've already gotten as much as they can out of his identity crisis and need for redemption for what he did to the miller's boys.  As for Yara/Asha, she is so much better in the books - her pragmatism about how "the old way" no longer works and her storyline with Euron/Vic is more compelling.  Her scene with Dany in S6 is so cringe worthy.  "Let's get in bed together, if not at least let's kill my uncle" - "thanks for the offer, but no.  I'll kill your uncle if you stop raping and reaving." - "but we have always raped and reaved." - "well you need to stop." - "sure thing, no problem."  Her S4 attempted rescue of Reek was great, after that I haven't cared for her at all.  That's what's cool about the series though - there is something for everyone.

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Ah, I've read a few of your posts commenting on the beauty and the best aspects of SanSan and Jaime/Brienne and I think you make great points.  I see SanSan definitely as much more likely to happen in the books.  In the show I wouldn't be surprised if Sandor ends up dying saving either Sansa or Arya since it doesn't seem like they'll do the SanSan relationship (at least to me).

As for Theon, I like Alfie Allen just fine as an actor and I think the character's story is heartbreaking, but since they moved him out of the north and have him with Dany I just don't see the point.  It made much more sense with him and Asha being prisoner's in Stannis' camp.  It feels like him and her with Dany was just to keep them around since the show runners didn't have anything else they could really do with them.  I feel like they've already gotten as much as they can out of his identity crisis and need for redemption for what he did to the miller's boys.  As for Yara/Asha, she is so much better in the books - her pragmatism about how "the old way" no longer works and her storyline with Euron/Vic is more compelling.  Her scene with Dany in S6 is so cringe worthy.  "Let's get in bed together, if not at least let's kill my uncle" - "thanks for the offer, but no.  I'll kill your uncle if you stop raping and reaving." - "but we have always raped and reaved." - "well you need to stop." - "sure thing, no problem."  Her S4 attempted rescue of Reek was great, after that I haven't cared for her at all.  That's what's cool about the series though - there is something for everyone.

yes Asha is much better in the books. I like Gemma though. I think she does her best with the lines she has recently. But I agree that her scenes with Dany and what they have always done.....were so so bad.. Unlike many readers, I like her attempt to rescue Thein in s4 (although there are some aspects of that scene that I dislike).

I like Alfie Allen's job a lot. I think he is one of the best young actors from GoT. I hope there issomething more in his story. In the trailer he appears in one scene and in the look of his eyes you can actually feel a lot. I think he will be great next season as usual.

As for Sansan I think that if it's gonna happen in the books (whatever it is) it will happen in the show because they have always said the ending was gonna be the same. If Sandor is important enough in Sansa's story it will be seen in the show. Of course the ending could be a sacrifice for love or something tragic as you mention, we don't know....But I am sure they will meet and there will be scenes between them with romantic undertones at least.

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

eyes Asha is much better in the books. I like Gemma though. I think she does her best with the lines she has recently. But I agree that her scenes with Dany and what they have always done.....were so so bad.. Unlike many readers, I like her attempt to rescue Thein in s4 (although there are some aspects of that scene that I dislike).

I like Alfie Allen's job a lot. I think he is one of the best young actors from GoT. I hope there issomething more in his story. In the trailer he appears in one scene and in the look of his eyes you can actually feel a lot. I think he will be great next season as usual.

As for Sansan I think that if it's gonna happen in the books (whatever it is) it will happen in the show because they have always said the ending was gonna be the same. If Sandor is important enough in Sansa's story it will be seen in the show. Of course the ending could be a sacrifice or something tragic as you mention, we don't know? But I am sure they will meet and there will be scenes between them with romantic undertones at least.

Alfie is one f the very best actors on the show. His season 2 was Emmy worthy.

But what about Jonsa? All the romantic undertones, Jon in love with her, they're destined to be together.

11 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Alfie is one f the very best actors on the show. His season 2 was Emmy worthy.

He is indeed!!!!!! I think he should be an Emmy contender, but he never is.

But what about Jonsa? All the romantic undertones, Jon in love with her, they're destined to be together.

Well, you know I'm not into Jonerys....(anyway, this thread is about "not main" characters :) )

2 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

He is indeed!!!!!! I think he should be an Emmy contender, but he never is.

Well, you know I'm not into Jonerys....(anyway, this thread is about "not main" characters :) )

More of sarcastic comment tied to Hound who is not main character. I want Sansa and Hound together.

28 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

More of sarcastic comment tied to Hound who is not main character. I want Sansa and Hound together.

Sorry! I read Jonerys instead of Jonsa! (I think that my mind doesn't believe that the word "Jonsa" exists, LOL)

Yes, Jonsa will definitely never happen. And it would be cool if the Hound and Sansa ended together

Archived