Bumping for Benjen Vol. VII

Voice

I forgot the s. Characters not character. Season 2 deviated from the storlines of several characters I liked not just one.

My top 5 characters in the books are: 

1. Arya, Daenerys, Jon (can't deceide between them)

4. Jaime

5. Arianne

I was okay with the deviation in Arya's storyline in Season 2. Would have preferred a version closer to the books, but the one on the show was okay. Really disliked how they dealt with Jon's and Daenerys's storyline and both characters looked bad in Season 2. Additionally, I really like Catelyn and she sort of became a secondary character in her own storyline.

Who are your favourites?

I'd probably put them into tiers, starting with POV characters.

1. Arya, Daenerys, and Tyrion.

2. Jaime, Asha, Jon

3. Ned, Bran, Catelyn, Theon, Alayne

4. Arianne, Sam, Areo Hotah, Sansa, Cersei, Brienne

Of the non-POV: Oberyn, Stannis, Strong Belwas, Coldhands, Mance, Olenna, Bronn, Sandor, the Reader, the Blackfish, and Varys. 

I'm sure I've forgotten some, and some I like better on the show, like Tormund and Margaery, because we see more of them than we would have otherwise.

I forgot Davos! How could I? 

In other news, was taking kids to appointments today and we were in the elevator with a doctor who strongly reminded me of Samwell Tarly as played by John Bradley. Might have been taller than Bradley, but he had that kind of cuddly look.

Davos is great. Agree with most of your non-POV faves, but I'm one of the few people who doesn't like the Hound never managed to warm up to him. Other great non-POVs are: Dolourous Edd, Wyman Manderly, Cotter Pyke, the Mormont Women, Jojen and Meera and  Aurane Waters Probably forgot some others. 

The doctor sounds fun. I once had a girl in a language class who looked exactly like one of the protagonists in my novel that was pretty crazy. 

Archived