Killjoys (Season 3 to 5)

SpaceChampion

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was thoroughly enjoyable. I thought that they blended the two stories nicely without one seeming like the B story, they both feel important. I also liked that the team has broadened somewhat, where it was just the starting three, we now have Pree, Fancy, and Alvis as part of a larger team, hopefully this will give them all more of a chance to shine and flesh out their characters, I especially want to see more of Pree, I think that D'avin spoke for all of us when he asked what planet Pree was the warlord of... I must know. Johnny's story was enjoyable too, I don't like the new chick as much as Clara, but the situation intrigues me, and I like the stuff with the hack mods and the factory. I'm a sucker for a good cyborg.

Also I want that mod Johnny got, I could never stop playing with it.

So, did they lose Clara's actress or what? (really a shame, I was looking forward to seeing her more in season 3)

It seems like the new girl is just Clara with a double face (as the dead guy) and a lost memory.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

So, did they lose Clara's actress or what? (really a shame, I was looking forward to seeing her more in season 3)

It seems like the new girl is just Clara with a double face (as the dead guy) and a lost memory.

thats what I was thinking... kind of recasting, without recasting...

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Stephanie Leonidas.  She seems to be doing the Snatch tv series.  No episodes of Killjoys listed on her IMDB for this season.  :-/

She was Irisa on Defiance.  Back in 2005 she was in Mirrormask, a Neil Gaiman story.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I can't tell whether or not I missed last season or maybe the finale or something.  I thought Fancy was dead or evil or both? 

Killing the Arkyn tree made the goo in all Level 6 agents like Fancy inert.

It's back.    The ancient sources of Hullen that weren't killed by Klyhen are waiting for Hullen Sixes from other regions to travel the stars to get here for the goo they already have inside them, but now they'll have more of it to share.   Yes!     It's  like when people travel from Havana to a new place and when they get here they set up a little Havana.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 1:31 PM, SpaceChampion said:

I like how this show keeps the plot moving quickly.

They've certainly never been shy about that have they :lol: 

I'm really enjoying this season.  It's a definite step up from season two, but I'm not yet ready to call it as good as season one.  The interactions between Kendry and Aneela have been fantastic.  Using the genetic weapon on the Hullen was brilliant, and it looks like they might just stand a fighting chance - Johnny needs to reverse engineer that bad boy and set it up so that it only works on those green bastards, because that's a completely terrifying weapon if the technology gets out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Season finale is next week.

Tonight's episode was pretty good, had a lot of great interactions between the characters.

Spoiler

I liked the plot with Katan, but it seemed to me that Dutch was a bit too arrogant when he goaded her with the green. Maybe Dutch didn't really want that scheme to succeed, as she probably knew it was only delaying the inevitable. I wonder if they're really going to kill her off. Has the show been renewed?

I also liked the death at the end. It had just the right amount of shock to make it a worthy moment. 

It hasn't been renewed yet.  I did find a quote from the producers that they are considering a cross-over with Dark Matter (apparently fans have been asking about it) some time next season if they both get renewed.  Presumably some blink drive incident that takes the crew of the Raza to the Quad.

The whole plan to implant false memories seemed bizarre.  The idea was sound, but the way they went around it seemed like they purposely decided to jack it up for...reasons?  I don't know.  

Makes me wonder if Aneela had been in the camp the entire time or if she only arrived at the end when she killed Alvis (poor Alvis!).  

I never see any buzz about this show, though I hardly see buzz about any syfy shows.  Still, hard to imagine they'd renew this one, which is a shame. 

Archived