Bumping for TWOW V5

Lady Blizzardborn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am stunned. The end of the show would have been the perfect time to announce a release date for TWOW . . .  or maybe not, given how poorly the final season was received. My only explanation for the delay is George is having to tailor the original plot line to fit the show - or at least not diverge too violently. But how do you call back the fact that in ADWD Brienne was leading Jaime off to Stoneheart to be executed (in all likelihood) while D&D have Jaime going to Dorne with Bronn? Even a great writer can't make sense of that mess.

eta: what has the show's poor final season done to potential book sales? Maybe the publisher just wants to give people a year to forget?

On 8/4/2019 at 2:24 AM, honeyed chicken said:

eta: what has the show's poor final season done to potential book sales? Maybe the publisher just wants to give people a year to forget?

I think if the book is very different from the show it will have great sales. The problem is if it is similar... Then I think the interest in asoiaf will diminish a lot... Like A LOT! 

18 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

I hope to God he doesn't change the books to match the show. I'm guessing he won't, though.

The Rant thread name is kind of weird; but hey.

I think he should worry if people feel burned because they think the book is going the same way as the show... I Don t think people will want to read a story that they know they hate the end.

Even if he delivers the ending in a much better way the fact is that the show already made people hate that ending... People are already prejudiced against it... 

4 hours ago, divica said:

I think if the book is very different from the show it will have great sales. The problem is if it is similar... Then I think the interest in asoiaf will diminish a lot... Like A LOT! 

I think he should worry if people feel burned because they think the book is going the same way as the show... I Don t think people will want to read a story that they know they hate the end.

Even if he delivers the ending in a much better way the fact is that the show already made people hate that ending... People are already prejudiced against it... 

I hope you're right. I'd have felt a lot better about things if the book had come out before season 7 - or at least before s.8. As it is I have no faith that the show & D&D won't have influence on what Martin writes.

• 5 months later...

Archived