Sign in to follow this  
Lady Blizzardborn

Bumping for TWOW V5

On 11/3/2018 at 2:52 PM, honeyed chicken said:

Rumor is TWOW AND APOS will both be out in 2019. My fervent hope is that the story in them will be COMPLETELY different from the show.

A Piece of Spring? :)

I don't think they'll both be out the same year. Maybe TWOW late this year though. 

On 6/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

A Piece of Spring? :)

I don't think they'll both be out the same year. Maybe TWOW late this year though. 

A Promise of Spring?

Anyway, that rumor is looking false. Now I'm thinking the pessimists may be right and we'll never see another book in the series. :(

Then the only ending will be the show ending? That would be an abysm of utter despair. Rather trashy despair, at that.

Bump, FWIW.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:29 AM, honeyed chicken said:

Now I'm thinking the pessimists may be right and we'll never see another book in the series. :(

That's no way to think. And besides, I disagree and I am a natural pessimist so that should tell you something.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:05 PM, Count Balerion said:

Then the only ending will be the show ending? That would be an abysm of utter despair. Rather trashy despair, at that.

Bump, FWIW.

LOL. True.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:05 PM, Count Balerion said:

Bump, FWIW.

I would not go so far as to say, "trashy", but whatever one calls it, nobody that I know was satisfied with it, and we can only hope that Martin's ending would not leave such a sour taste in everyone's mouths.

17 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

That's no way to think. And besides, I disagree and I am a natural pessimist so that should tell you something.

Not my natural tendency, but I've been wrong so many times now, it's making me wonder. I really thought the show would end with an announcement about the next book - it would have made great commercial sense.

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, Count Balerion said:

Yah, maybe not "trashy". Although ep. 5 makes me wonder: "mediocre" doesn't seem bad enough.

It's bad, but it could have been much worse. I've cycled through the stages of grief to acceptance. :P

Edited by Lady Blizzardborn
fixing emoji

On 7/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, Count Balerion said:

At least we can have fun dissecting its badness!

:agree:  It is known!  :cheers:

They had eight seasons to set that up. Nine years.