how powerful was blood raven

snow is the man

9 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I mean before he ended up north of the wall. I was reading the dunk and egg adventures and was wondering just how powerful he was before he went north of the wall.

Have you ever watched Dragonball? Do you remember the fusion done by Goten and Trunks? Now imagine if Tywin, Varys and a decent warrior could fuse together into 1 super being. That's the Bloodraven.

As a historical figure, his presence was paramount in many historical events:

• The first Blackfyre Rebellion
  • Leadership of his Raven's Teeth
  • Bedding the most beautiful woman in the realm
  • Studies of the "higher mysteries" 
  • Becoming Hand to Aerys I
  • Stopping the second Blackfyre rebellion (before it started thanks to his spies)
  • Winning two duels with Bittersteel
  • Facilitating the removal of Aenys' head
  • Lord Commander of the Night's Watch
  • Disappearance beyond the wall...and his potential fate thereafter

This summary is just off the top of my head, and doesn't scratch the surface of the impact each event had...I'd say that was a full life and powerful legacy!

On June 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM, LionoftheWest said:

Depends on the period. Under Aerys I he was probably as powerful as any king on the Iron Throne while under Maekar he would presumably have a more subserviant position.

Not trying to disagree but I really think this is relevant to the current OP.

Anyway I believe that would depend on Maekar's grief stricken heart. Mind and soul must be at peace to achieve full potential. Especially in Maekar's case if he was "sulking" the whole time idk if he would want to rule knowing Baelor should be in his position. 

For the record I think Maekar was in his own way really awesome but this was beyond tragic I couldn't even imagine and to add salt the people who didn't have a clue what occurred are accusing you of "cutting in line for King" or a kin-slayer. 

But I also could definitely see what you suggested with no issue.

I just thought his mental/broken heart health was worth mentioning.

On June 12, 2017 at 4:15 AM, chrisdaw said:

He was able to remove all the rats from KL during the Spring Sickness, unless you think that was just a freak occurrence or someone else.

I don't need an exact quote but I missed this. Any chance you know where that was said? I believe you but that's just super cool I'd like to read about it

4 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I don't need an exact quote but I missed this. Any chance you know where that was said? I believe you but that's just super cool I'd like to read about it

There is this from the Sworn Sword

"Kingslanders have a certain way of speaking." The septon took a gulp of wine, sloshed it about his mouth, swallowed, and sighed with pleasure. "I have served there many years, attending our High Septon in the Great Sept of Baelor." He sighed. "You would not know the city since the spring. The fires changed it. A quarter of the houses gone, and another quarter empty. The rats are gone as well. That is the queerest thing. I never thought to see a city without rats."

Dunk had heard that, too. "Were you there during the Great Spring Sickness?"

"Oh, indeed. A dreadful time, ser, dreadful. Strong men would wake healthy at the break of day and be dead by evenfall. So many died so quickly there was no time to bury them. They piled them in the Dragonpit instead, and when the corpses were ten feet deep, Lord Rivers commanded the pyromancers to burn them. The light of the fires shone through the windows, as it did of yore when living dragons still nested beneath the dome. By night you could see the glow all through the city, the dark green glow of wildfire. The color green still haunts me to this day. They say the spring was bad in Lannisport and worse in Oldtown, but in King's Landing it cut down four of ten. Neither young nor old were spared, nor rich nor poor, nor great nor humble. Our good High Septon was taken, the gods' own voice on earth, with a third of the Most Devout and near all our silent sisters. His Grace King Daeron, sweet Matarys and bold Valarr, the Hand . . . oh, it was a dreadful time. By the end, half the city was praying to the Stranger." He had another drink. "And where were you, ser?"

On June 12, 2017 at 6:56 PM, Aegon VII said:

It's an entity comprised of humans. ;)

Comparing the "world bank" and a person in terms of "power" would normally be ridiculous.

But if you're being honest with yourself, Bloodraven could probably just keep skin changing into different leaders of the iron bank until the leaders were in no position to secure a bank properly.

Bloodraven wins bc he could remain anonymous while the iron bank is trying to fight ghosts. It's really not even fair 

2 minutes ago, Makk said:

There is this from the Sworn Sword

"Kingslanders have a certain way of speaking." The septon took a gulp of wine, sloshed it about his mouth, swallowed, and sighed with pleasure. "I have served there many years, attending our High Septon in the Great Sept of Baelor." He sighed. "You would not know the city since the spring. The fires changed it. A quarter of the houses gone, and another quarter empty. The rats are gone as well. That is the queerest thing. I never thought to see a city without rats."

Dunk had heard that, too. "Were you there during the Great Spring Sickness?"

"Oh, indeed. A dreadful time, ser, dreadful. Strong men would wake healthy at the break of day and be dead by evenfall. So many died so quickly there was no time to bury them. They piled them in the Dragonpit instead, and when the corpses were ten feet deep, Lord Rivers commanded the pyromancers to burn them. The light of the fires shone through the windows, as it did of yore when living dragons still nested beneath the dome. By night you could see the glow all through the city, the dark green glow of wildfire. The color green still haunts me to this day. They say the spring was bad in Lannisport and worse in Oldtown, but in King's Landing it cut down four of ten. Neither young nor old were spared, nor rich nor poor, nor great nor humble. Our good High Septon was taken, the gods' own voice on earth, with a third of the Most Devout and near all our silent sisters. His Grace King Daeron, sweet Matarys and bold Valarr, the Hand . . . oh, it was a dreadful time. By the end, half the city was praying to the Stranger." He had another drink. "And where were you, ser?"

Ok I did read that, 3 times or so :dunce:  just forgot I suppose. But much appreciated for the quote 

On 6/12/2017 at 7:06 AM, devilish said:

Have you ever watched Dragonball? Do you remember the fusion done by Goten and Trunks? Now imagine if Tywin, Varys and a decent warrior could fuse together into 1 super being. That's the Bloodraven.

Tywin, Varys, BRAN and a warrior. Can't forget the psychic shit.

Archived