NBA Draft 2017: Sixers, Celtics and Will LaVar Ball Lose His Shit on National Television Edition

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Wow T-Wolves!

Also just laughing at how bad the Celtics have botched this treasure trove they stole from Brooklyn.  You ended up with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown from the #1 and #3 overall picks in consecutive years. That's a fucking disaster.

Another Woj Bomb:

An imminent trade: Paul George heading to Boston! So may be not. 

Just now, trickster said:

Another Woj Bomb:

An imminent trade: Paul George heading to Boston! So may be not. 

I hate that less, but still not high on it. Especially if he goes to the Lakers like everyone thinks he will. They must have heard no from Hayward.

5 minutes ago, sperry said:

Wow T-Wolves!

Also just laughing at how bad the Celtics have botched this treasure trove they stole from Brooklyn.  You ended up with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown from the #1 and #3 overall picks in consecutive years. That's a fucking disaster.

Wait, their #1 pick this year magically degraded into a #3 this year? They didn't get anything for that?

Just now, sperry said:

I hate that less, but still not high on it. Especially if he goes to the Lakers like everyone thinks he will. They must have heard no from Hayward.

I think if this happens, Celtics must be confident of keeping him beyond next year. 

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

Eh? What happened to the Lakers' 2018?

Celtics only get that if the Lakers finish 2-5.  They tanked on purpose last year, they won't this year with no incentive to do so.

1 minute ago, sperry said:

Celtics only get that if the Lakers finish 2-5.  They tanked on purpose last year, they won't this year with no incentive to do so.

I see now the extended gymnastics you went through to pooh-pooh the Celtics' moves. You have more faith in the Lakers and Kings than I do.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

I see now the extended gymnastics you went through to pooh-pooh the Celtics' moves. You have more faith in the Lakers and Kings than I do.

They aren't trying to tank. There will be teams that are actively trying to tank. That puts a floor on where they are going to finish.

Smart move by the Wolves, though.  They traded a couple of mediocre players and an uncertain mid-lottery pick for one of the twenty best players in the NBA and a guy who is already used to playing for their coach.  

I like that deal a lot less for the Bulls, though.  At least it means Wade will probably be seeing a buy-out, though, because that team is going nowhere. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Seems like these sharpshooters fall in the draft every year, and turn out to be among the most valuable players in the draft. Monk to Charlotte is a great pick at 11.

absolutely. i think Monk is a steal at 11. 

T'Wolves and 76ers just became the must watch teams next season each now with 3 freakish young stars. 

I remain really curious how this all works out for the Celtics. It's really fucking bold to pass up their chance to get either Fultz or Ball, the guys who were the consensus top two all season. I get they double-downed on Isaiah Thomas but you don't pass on elite talent out of positional concerns. They must really believe Tatum could be better than both. They better be right. 

Also Paul George is a really nice piece, but if they get him, are they sure they can re-sign him? Felt like everything lined up for them to become an elite contender for the next decade but the path is getting riskier. 

Archived