What do you think the 5 spinoffs should be?

Agent 326

20 hours ago, LittleScorpion said:

Dance of the Dragons

Aegon's Conquest

Old Valyria

The Long Night

Nymeria's Invasion

I'm not sure why people want Aegon's conquest. It'd just be a one sided squash with no real stakes or conflict until they try and take Dorne.

That could make a good show, though. Centered around the politics in Dorne around Aegon's conquest, and the last few seasons follow their attempts at an invasion.

Anyways:

For me personally, almost any of the stories told in the book and the show could make for amazing TV. The world is super rich with interesting tales and stories.

For me:

-A story following Aegon the Unworthy and the first Blackfyre Rebellion; or hell covering ALL of the Blackfyre Rebellions. One per season; i'd love to see Aemon and Bittersteel on screen. Hell I wouldn't be opposed to show following Aegor as a protagonist.

-Dance of the Dragons

-Dunk and Egg, for sure.

-The very start of the Night's Watch; seeing the first lord commander, seeing the wall when it was at it's glory and carried genuine prestige.

-I know we've heard all about it but seeing is different from hearing/being told something, so i'd like Robert's Rebellion to get it's own show. 

Roberts Rebellion as prequel would be great because the average viewer would know some name and characters. Also the Westeros atmosphere would be the same we know. Kings landing, the Trident, great battles and a lot of scheming. All the stories of Lyanna, Rhaegar, young Ned and Robert... That's at least one proper and great season.

The Dance of the Dragons would be of course make a great movie, too. Maybe more a 2 hour movie rather than a full prequel season.

5 hours ago, LittleScorpion said:

GRRM confirmed that neither Robert's Rebellion or Dunk and Egg were in development. So we know to def exclude them.

I'm disappointed in him. 

I'd like the adventures of Bronn. What did he do beyond the Wall? I'd also like to see the exploits of Aemon the Dragonknight

Of other ideas, I think that Dance of the Dragons will be most expensive, considering the amount of dragons that will have to be created out of CGI.

7 hours ago, LittleScorpion said:

GRRM confirmed that neither Robert's Rebellion or Dunk and Egg were in development.

:crying:

I don't care what GRRM says, I want "Dunk and the Egg". Only with less Targaryen politics, and more actual adventures.

1) Events in Valyria, when they discovered first dragons, and tamed them. Though I want it to be totally different from cartoon "How to train your dragon". I want it to be simultaneously more brutal and spiritual, like a mix of Ridley Scott's "Aliens" and M. Night Shyamalan's "The Last Airbender". Where dragons are real monsters, and their sudden discovery, by a group of unsuspecting Valyrians, are an Apocalypse level disaster. Though their leader, with aid of ancient forgotten magic of their ancestors, managed to subdue dragons, and with certain ritual, created a bond between his bloodline and dragons. For example he sacrificed his daughter, or wife to dragons, she died, and her body became vessel for spirit of dragon that MC killed. Something like creation of first Slayer, in "Buffy the vampire slayer" TV-show. And that woman's future children were first Targaryens.

2)  Tourney at Harrenhal, where Lyanna was " Knight of the Laughing Tree", Rhaegar found out her secret, and that's the reason why he fell in love with her. This story could be made in movie format, or as a TV-show. Beginning with preparations for tournament, background stories of participants, and end with Lyanna's escape with Rhaegar.

3) Events that lead to war between Children of the Forest and First Men.

Something like a mix of Apocalypto, and 10,000 BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypto

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10,000_BC_(film)

Story in which First Men are antagonists and villains. They arrived to Westeros, and attacked natives. Eventually Children defeated them. But after that, near the end of the story, they discovered that those that attacked them, were only first reconnaissance group of invaders, and more of them are coming to Westeros. Children used their strongest magic, to break the Arm of Dorne, but still failed to stop the invasion.

4) Story about beginning of Aerys Targaryen and Tywin Lannister, forming of their friendship, and further deterioration of their relationship, that eventually ended with one of them betraying the other.

5) "Dunk and the Egg". I want it! I want it! I want it! :tantrum:

Dance with Dragons - Despite being expensive, I think this is the most likely choice because it has the most material for a tv show

Children of the forest

the long night & founding of the night’s watch

Doom of Valyria

Bloodraven’s adventures

If they decide to do a prequal about any of the characters, I bet it’ll be Adventures of Young Tyrion

If the spin-off (probably done by Martin and Cogman) turns to be about Dance of Dragons, I swear I´ll... I´ll... watch the first episode and make my mind about continuing. Realistically, I think I´ll be quite angry, becouse that seems to be all Martin is doing in the last years - writing about Targaryan history. It would be interesting to use this fake history segment as backdrop for some lowborn-based story, but that´s not very likely.   

16 hours ago, Megorova said:

:crying:

I want it to be simultaneously more brutal and spiritual, like a mix of Ridley Scott's "Aliens" and M. Night Shyamalan's "The Last Airbender".

Lol. That is one of the worst movie in the history of Cinema. I am not even sure if "movie" is the right term for describing it. Only Dragonball Evolutions can compete with him in that matter. And you want that "thing" as an example for doing the prequels?! You are definitely in a huge minority there

2 hours ago, Dragonsbone said:
19 hours ago, Megorova said:

M. Night Shyamalan's "The Last Airbender".

Lol. That is one of the worst movie in the history of Cinema. I am not even sure if "movie" is the right term for describing it. Only Dragonball Evolutions can compete with him in that matter. And you want that "thing" as an example for doing the prequels?! You are definitely in a huge minority there

NOOOO!!!! You got me wrong! Not like the movie itself, but more like an Avatar concept from Avatar cartoon series, this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

I just thought that cartoon may not be known to general populance, so I refered to the movie.

I meant that the concept, similar to power of "benders", could be used to tame dragons. "Benders" can manipulate and controle one of four elements - fire, water, air or earth. While Avatar can use all four. Additionally in cartoon series The Legend of Korra, there were people able to control iron element, and blood.

So we have dragons, that are the most powerfull magical beings. We have Children of the Forest, that use natural magic. And we have Targaryens that tamed the dragons. So it will be kind of cool, if Targaryens' ancestors tamed the dragons with natural magic, like "benders" in Avatar can control elements.

Movie itself I didn't liked. Though cartoon wasn't bad.

On 7/15/2017 at 8:14 PM, snow is the man said:

But I hope they do something after this series ends. Like a decade after this series left off.

I would love to see this. Maybe a few decades after the series ends, with the actions of the people who survive seen through flashbacks from their descendants.

2 hours ago, Megorova said:

NOOOO!!!! You got me wrong! Not like the movie itself, but more like an Avatar concept from Avatar cartoon series, this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

I just thought that cartoon may not be known to general populance, so I refered to the movie.

I meant that the concept, similar to power of "benders", could be used to tame dragons. "Benders" can manipulate and controle one of four elements - fire, water, air or earth. While Avatar can use all four. Additionally in cartoon series The Legend of Korra, there were people able to control iron element, and blood.

So we have dragons, that are the most powerfull magical beings. We have Children of the Forest, that use natural magic. And we have Targaryens that tamed the dragons. So it will be kind of cool, if Targaryens' ancestors tamed the dragons with natural magic, like "benders" in Avatar can control elements.

Movie itself I didn't liked. Though cartoon wasn't bad.

Ahh..Ok. now were good :D. Yes the Cartoon was great. I just thought for a second I found the only person in the world who liked that live action atrocity.

An Office style show set at Castle Black, obviously. 

In all seriousness?

First Men-settled Westeros 

Andal invasion/war with the First Men

Aegon’s Conquest

Dance of the Dragons

The Blackfyre Rebellions

On 8/20/2017 at 9:48 PM, Agent 326 said:

Remember, these aren't miniserieses. They have to be a show that can go on.

That's the whole point of doing an anthology series—it can go on as long as you want. I already showed how it can go for 8 seasons—which is longer than most shows get—and if they want to go even longer, there are plenty of other stories taking place during the same century.

It fits the way most TV creators work nowadays, focusing on a season at a time.

It also lets you reuse as much as you want between seasons, but no more than you want. For example, let's say one of the Dothraki characters in S1 is a standout hit. Then in S2, he's the Dothraki who attacks Qohor, and you write the story to deal with the Dothraki more than you originally intended. Or, if a young Sarnori prince is the standout, he escaped, and he's the one warning the Qohorik of the coming invasion. And likewise for settings. If Lys comes over really well, you can add another season set in Lys; if it flops like Dorne, cutting Lys back for future seasons doesn't affect the plot the same way trying to cut Dorne back affected AGoT.

Archived