MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

Sanchez will appeal, Romine should be back by the time that's resolved.  Have to call up a catcher and play with 24 men during their suspensions though.  Really wish this dumbass shit didn't affect the stretch run.

So where are all the folks arguing for 30 game suspensions? Gotta wonder why there's nowhere near the same amount of moral outrage over this as there was over the Harper/Strickland fracas. 

8 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

So where are all the folks arguing for 30 game suspensions? Gotta wonder why there's nowhere near the same amount of moral outrage over this as there was over the Harper/Strickland fracas. 

Best guess? It got used up in the Politics Thread over the past couple of weeks. Nazis and Commies and Trumps, OH MY!

On 5/30/2017 at 11:13 PM, Myshkin said: Also, Dodgers are now officially in first place in the NL West.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:24 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said: Meh. It's a practical 3 way tie. Wake me up in August.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:26 PM, Myshkin said: I know. The real race is the one for the NL West cellar. Pads have a pretty tight hold on it for now, but I never count out the Giants.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:23 AM, Myshkin said: [... stuff] 

Ohh, sick burn! You walked right into that one!

On 5/31/2017 at 0:25 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:  I would have posted an opinion on the topic, but I spent my morning applying a balm (or perhaps it's a salve) to my sick burn.

--------------------------------------------

I went looking through the old thread to remind myself about Harper and Strickland and came across those gems.

(•_•)
<)   )╯Wakey 
/    \

\(•_•)
(   (> Wakey
/    \

(•_•)
<)   )>  Manholio
/    \

2 hours ago, kairparavel said:

On 5/30/2017 at 11:13 PM, Myshkin said: Also, Dodgers are now officially in first place in the NL West.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:24 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said: Meh. It's a practical 3 way tie. Wake me up in August.

On 5/30/2017 at 11:26 PM, Myshkin said: I know. The real race is the one for the NL West cellar. Pads have a pretty tight hold on it for now, but I never count out the Giants.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:23 AM, Myshkin said: [... stuff] 

Ohh, sick burn! You walked right into that one!

On 5/31/2017 at 0:25 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:  I would have posted an opinion on the topic, but I spent my morning applying a balm (or perhaps it's a salve) to my sick burn.

--------------------------------------------

I went looking through the old thread to remind myself about Harper and Strickland and came across those gems.

(•_•)
<)   )╯Wakey 
/    \

\(•_•)
(   (> Wakey
/    \

(•_•)
<)   )>  Manholio
/    \

Fuck. Anyone have a balm or perhaps a salve? 

Twins gave up on the season... then Byron Buxton remembered that he's supremely talented.  He's bumped his BA nearly fifty points since July 1, added about a hundred to his OPS, and hit nine of his 13 HRs since then as well.  This despite missing fifteen games injured.

Hope he can keep this going.  Buxton and Sano should be a terrifying combination, but Byron's struggled mightily trying to figure out how to swing the bat in the majors.  I hope he can keep this up and achieve his full potential.

Name to remember for next year:  Miguel Andujar - "he’s hitting .335/.381/.531 with a 13.4% strikeout rate in 53 Triple-A games"

And yes,  I'm trying to ignore the fact the Yanks just got swept by the Indians at home.

6 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Name to remember for next year:  Miguel Andujar - "he’s hitting .335/.381/.531 with a 13.4% strikeout rate in 53 Triple-A games"

And yes,  I'm trying to ignore the fact the Yanks just got swept by the Indians at home.

I hope he gets the job next year at the big league level or at least gets a longer look.

11 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I hope he gets the job next year at the big league level or at least gets a longer look.

I hope they have a problem of too many infielders - namely Didi, Castro, Torres, and Andujar competing to man three positions.  Always a good problem to have.

22 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

What kind of injury is Torres nursing and will he even be fit to participate in Spring Training?

He actually had Tommy John surgery!  But it's on his non throwing elbow.  Plus, ya know, he's not a pitcher.  By all accounts he should be ready by Spring Training.  BTW, he blew out his elbow on a very stupid slide into home, here's the video:

Archived