'Watchmen' TV Series From Damon Lindelof on HBO {SPOILERS FROM PAGE 8}

AncalagonTheBlack

Maybe the KKK outfit belonged to Mrs. Judd . . . .

But the hbo Petey materials did say that Judd's father was KKK, so maybe he kept as a momento mori? 

:dunno:

Q! btw, historically there were more than the KKK operative simulataneously in the days of Reconstruction and Jim Crow, and later in the fascist surging, fascist fighting 1920's and 1930's.

The more -- Silk? -- and Sister Night go up against each other -- or whatever else may be their encounters, the better.  

By now am getting ho hummed by the boy-o in the castle and his clones and his experiments to get himself out of this prison whereever and whatever it may be.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

Haha, the schematics of the Electromagnetic Lithium Powered Excalibur from the Peteypedia.

And the fact that it was made by Dan as a fuck you. 

Also the interrogation explains why Laurie was all "fucking Oklahoma" when told she had to go to Tulsa. She was arrested there for preventing the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Edit: Also It just occurred to me now that the thing crashing in the start of the episode was probably Veidt returning to earth? 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

And the fact that it was made by Dan as a fuck you. 

Also the interrogation explains why Laurie was all "fucking Oklahoma" when told she had to go to Tulsa. She was arrested there for preventing the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Edit: Also It just occurred to me now that the thing crashing in the start of the episode was probably Veidt returning to earth? 

I dont think its veidt. I think it might be one of the clones. She bought the property in 2015 or so.

5 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

She bought the property in 2015 or so.

Oh where was that indicated? I figured she bought the property recently and we're gonna get seven "Lord of the Manor" flashbacks one for each year he was imprisoned and he escaped in 2019 sometime. 

Edit: also, the clones he's flinging into the air would just burn up in the earth's atmosphere. He needs some kinda vehicle or pod to survive that. 

Just now, RumHam said:

Oh where was that indicated? I figured she bought the property recently and we're gonna get seven "Lord of the Manor" flashbacks one for each year he was imprisoned and he escaped in 2019 sometime. 

It was strongly hinted it was in the past when it flashed over the property and it went from grassland to development. Someone also said they started the millennium clock 4 years ago. 

I find it both really engaging and kinda plodding. Very little has happened considering we're almost at the halfway mark. It's very well made and acted though. (edit: and scored!) I have faith because the reviews of the first six episodes were so positive (and cause of the leftovers) But I can't imagine the ratings are great. I wonder what people watching it not having seen the movie are thinking. Hopefully the critical buzz and AT&T's "we need more content for streaming" policy will get us another season. 

45 minutes ago, Triskele said:

So uh...the clone babies come from the bottom of a river?  WTF

Looked like a lake. And they were crabbing cages, meaning the fetuses basically crawl in there to eat. 

I'm considering giving up on Watchmen. Too many new characters, no matter how compelling they are within their bits, too many questions that seem be questions created by the writers for the sake of baffling the viewer rather than what takes place organically within a narrative, piling complication upon complication, without moving in any direction other than crabwise .... This almost always bodes ill for any coherent, satisfying conclusion.  I could probably fill this watching more happily for myself by reading more history. :read: 

But then have I ever been generally a fan of, or much interested in comix universes and all the super stuff, or of the supernatural, and so on, so my patience with this kind of material is quite thin.

While I'm loving this show, I can't imagine anyone liking it who hasn't read the comics or at least seen the movie.  So much of the backstory hinges on some basic knowledge of the source material.  My parents were visiting this weekend and I put on the first episode for fun and spent the entire time pausing it and explaining to them wtf was going on.  :lol:

13 minutes ago, briantw said:

While I'm loving this show, I can't imagine anyone liking it who hasn't read the comics or at least seen the movie.  So much of the backstory hinges on some basic knowledge of the source material.  My parents were visiting this weekend and I put on the first episode for fun and spent the entire time pausing it and explaining to them wtf was going on.  :lol:

Well, here I am. I have never read the comics and I haven’t watched the film. On top of that, I honestly thought I would never ever like a Lindelof show... hated Lost, hated The Leftovers more. And yet. I’m loving this one. Still on ep 3, but still... :)

It's not knowing the stuff that is starting to bug me, is that it is becoming just more stuff on top of more stuff to no real end point.  When I see this starting on any show, I bail on it.  It's just soap opera of another sort than what is often meant by soap opera.  It just goes and goes and goes and never gets anywhere, no matter how many characters die! :laugh:

22 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, here I am. I have never read the comics and I haven’t watched the film. On top of that, I honestly thought I would never ever like a Lindelof show... hated Lost, hated The Leftovers more. And yet. I’m loving this one. Still on ep 3, but still... :)

Hey, I'm glad.  I hope people watch this so it gets more seasons because I am loving it.

Archived