NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

Phil Kessel actually looking like he's finally fully invested in playing hockey this year is a great thing to see, as was the Florida Panthers claiming Antti Niemi the other day. That guy was hot garbage between the pipes.

55 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Preds got Kyle Turris today as part of a 3 way deal that sent Duchene to Ottawa. We lost Girard who is gonna be a damn fine D Man. But I’m super happy with this. A 2nd line Center was the final piece imo and Turris should fit in perfectly.

Good for you guys. Not sure it's a real good deal for Ottawa. 

10 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Good for you guys. Not sure it's a real good deal for Ottawa. 

Duchene is a bigger name than Turris but production wise he is not much better at least in the last 3/4 seasons. I agree they gave up a bit much for a marginal upgrade. Have to give credit to Sakic he got a nice haul.

Blues look every bit as good as their record suggests they are. Really well put together team. I had no confidence in the Devils coming back once the Blues went up a goal in the 3rd. Even as resilient as they've been all season. Devs reeling a bit with 3 straight losses. Need Marcus Johansson and Kyle Palmieri back in the lineup asap.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I love my team :)

Thanks devils for beating the wild 

Wish they didn’t even give them that point, but the OT goal (by John Moore who is just money in OT) was really satisfying after the Wild tied it up with Dubnyk pulled. 

Devils traded Adam Henrique and Joseph Blandisi to the Ducks for Sami Vatanen. Pretty bummed to see Henrique go as he’s been one of my favorite Devils since he came into the league. I’ll never forget all the big goals he scored in their Cup run in 2012. Not real familiar with Vatanen, but the Devils could certainly use some help on the backend. Hope this one works out well for both teams. 

Archived