NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

Yeah Henrique definitely seemed like a fan favorite for the Devils and it always sucks to see a player like that get moved. 

I was impressed by Vatanen in the playoff series vs the Preds last year. I think he will be a solid addition to y’all. 

Someone on /r/hockey put it like this. Hall and Vatanen is major upgrade on Larsson and Henrique. I’d have to agree with that.

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished up watching the retrospective on NBCSports about the first Winter Classic. What a great atmosphere and weather for that game, couldn't have asked for anything better. The Pens winning also helped with my hangover at the time :ack:

• 1 month later...

Tough game for the Pens on a back to back night after playing the Caps. Top 2 teams in the division 2 nights in a row. Devils look good. The Metro is tight.

In regards to the non-goal by Crosby in the third, pretty interesting situation. Didn't think Rust's contact with the goalie warranted the reaction but maybe the blade of the stick caught his throat. Idk, not a typical goalie interference from my perspective. Hard call to make.

3 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Tough game for the Pens on a back to back night after playing the Caps. Top 2 teams in the division 2 nights in a row. Devils look good. The Metro is tight.

In regards to the non-goal by Crosby in the third, pretty interesting situation. Didn't think Rust's contact with the goalie warranted the reaction but maybe the blade of the stick caught his throat. Idk, not a typical goalie interference from my perspective. Hard call to make.

I thought Kinkaid sold it a bit until I saw the overhead view. There was absolutely enough contact to make the call, IMO. 

10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I thought Kinkaid sold it a bit until I saw the overhead view. There was absolutely enough contact to make the call, IMO. 

I must've missed the overhead. We weren't gonna win anyway. I haven't seen the Devils play at all this year. I know they're 2nd in the Metro but that's about it. Think they can do some damage in the playoffs?

3 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I must've missed the overhead. We weren't gonna win anyway. I haven't seen the Devils play at all this year. I know they're 2nd in the Metro but that's about it. Think they can do some damage in the playoffs?

Hard to say. They’re really young. Sami Vatanen has helped sure up the defense, and Taylor Hall has taken his game to another level this year. They’ll need Cory Schneider to return to form when he comes back from his groin injury, but they really do have the speed and skill to play with any team in the league on any given night. I hope they can make some noise in the playoffs, but just getting in would be huge for this team. They’re definitely ahead of schedule. 3 out of 4 of their top scorers are rookies...

• 2 weeks later...

Ray Shero really is a maverick lol. I never thought I’d see the day the Devils and Rags made a trade between them. Devils landed Michael Grabner for Yegor Rykov (who’s currently playing in Russia) and a 2nd. Grabner will be a nice fit with his speed, and they desperately needed some goal scoring from someone besides Hall. Kinda pricey if he ends up only being a rental, but hopefully he’ll sign. 

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I call shenanigans on this Pens Brassard trade...

I actually wanted them to go after Grabner, but this trade will just have to suffice. :D They really didn't give up all that much either, and got Vegas to eat some of Brassard's salary too. Rutherford has been pretty impressive at seemingly fleecing away top players in trades since taking over in Pittsburgh, and the Pens are absolutely stacked down the center now. Riley Sheahan has been upping his game lately, which makes the Pens pretty deep on all four lines. Gotta like their chances come playoff time, but I'm not penciling them in for a 3-peat like plenty of people are here in the Burgh after this trade.

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

I actually wanted them to go after Grabner, but this trade will just have to suffice. :D They really didn't give up all that much either, and got Vegas to eat some of Brassard's salary too. Rutherford has been pretty impressive at seemingly fleecing away top players in trades since taking over in Pittsburgh, and the Pens are absolutely stacked down the center now. Riley Sheahan has been upping his game lately, which makes the Pens pretty deep on all four lines. Gotta like their chances come playoff time, but I'm not penciling them in for a 3-peat like plenty of people are here in the Burgh after this trade.

Definitely going to be harder to come out of the East this year. Tampa and Boston both look legit. 

Archived