NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

Stamkos has been on fire. 4 straight games with a PP goal. I'm surprised that he's already 28. Feels like a long time ago he came into the league on a tear and seemed like the guy to usurp Crosby as the best player in the league. It almost seems like his star faded early or lost it's glint. I know he's been injured the past couple years. McDavid also came into the league and kinda took that spotlight from him. 

3 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Pulling for Vegas. Awesome story. Happy for Fleury.

I’m with Mark, Vegas winning it all this quick will totally rub me the wrong way. 

Ofc you don’t have a problem with it though, Pitt sports fans know nothing of being a long suffering fan waiting for a championship. :P

18 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I’m with Mark, Vegas winning it all this quick will totally rub me the wrong way. 

Ofc you don’t have a problem with it though, Pitt sports fans know nothing of being a long suffering fan waiting for a championship. :P

lol fair enough! And yes, we are spoiled. Not quite Boston level spoiled, but we've been fortunate. I also get what you guys are saying. Expansion teams shouldn't be doing this, but I can get on board with the whole "misfits" thing they're rolling with. 

It's hard to say whether Vegas will win, but I can guarantee you that we will never, ever see an expansion draft like this again in any sport. Sure, they didn't get any top-tier star players (e.g. Crosby), but every player they have is good and the goaltender is clearly capably of winning the Stanley Cup (having already won three times).

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Can you imagine having put a bet on Vegas to win the Cup before the season started? We’re talking some serious payouts...

500/1, whatever!!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10261535/premier-league-201516-how-the-odds-changed-as-leicester-claimed-the-title

Archived