NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

So, with the NFL draft coming up, and therefore the peak weirdness of hybridizing sports and warfare that the US so loves to do, I thought I would own up to the fact that in recent years Canadian NHL broadcasts seem to increasingly going the American way. I get it in the veternan’s day or equivalent, but it’s starting to become more the norm than the exception to take a chunk of time to ‘support the troops’ before/during/after a sporting contest which has nothing to do with nationalities or politics. If it’s fucking weird and jingoistic when you guys do it it’s just the same for us and we seem to be following your lead. I find it both confusing and depressing, but fair’s fair, it’s not just you guys anymore.

Brayden Point’s OT goal for Tampa was fucking slick. Wish they would have beaten the Panthers in regulation but I’ll take it. Bout time those fucks finally lost. 

Taylor Hall with 2 more points tonight. Now 26 consecutive GP with a point. He has 33 more points than the Devils 2nd leading scorer...

Hall’s point streak ended at 26 games tonight. I’m really starting to worry about the Devils slipping out of the playoffs due to poor goaltending. Cory Schneider has now lost 10 in a row (which really is unbelievable), and the teams chasing them have Sergei Bobrovsky and Roberto Luongo...

Awesome. Love seeing Vegas get wrecked at home. 

Preds lost a very low key valuable player for the rest of the season and probably playoffs in Calle Jarnkrok. Injured from a dirty late hit that wasn’t called or looked at after the game. Very bitter about it. Cant afford to have the same amount of injuries as last post season if we want to go that extra step :( 

• 2 weeks later...

What a fucking game between the Devs and Pens tonight. The last couple times these two have played have been an absolute blast. I just can’t say enough about Taylor Hall. If he doesn’t with the Hart it’s an absolute joke. No other player in the league is carrying his team as much as Hall. He also needs to have the C on his jersey next season. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:15 PM, Nictarion said:

What a fucking game between the Devs and Pens tonight. The last couple times these two have played have been an absolute blast. I just can’t say enough about Taylor Hall. If he doesn’t with the Hart it’s an absolute joke. No other player in the league is carrying his team as much as Hall. He also needs to have the C on his jersey next season. 

Missed the game. You guys have our number this season. And yeah, Hall has been unreal. Will second the Hart nomination for him. 

Fun game today with Pens v Flyers. Feel like they were down in the dumps and saw that they were only 2 pts behind us so it was a big win, even though we conceded a point. Brassard looks to be fitting in nicely. Our depth is unreal. Going to Pens/Caps next Sunday. Looks like it'll be a crucial game for the division. 

Great first place battle with the Lightning in Boston tonight. A blind save by Rask that led to a puck-cycling triumph between Bergeron and Marchand for a beautifully set up goal, Pastrnak gets his first fighting major, and even Rask gets a few swings in.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:15 PM, Nictarion said:

What a fucking game between the Devs and Pens tonight. The last couple times these two have played have been an absolute blast. 

Another one again tonight. Crosby's OT winner was unreal. I'd hate to run into the Devils in the playoffs, but man that would be a hell of a series.

34 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Another one again tonight. Crosby's OT winner was unreal. I'd hate to run into the Devils in the playoffs, but man that would be a hell of a series.

It just HAD to be Crosby...I hate him so much. :angry:

sweeping the defending champs was going to be quite a tall order, so I’ll glady take 7 out of 8 points. 

As for the bold I’m hearing that a lot from opposing teams broadcasters. They really can play with anyone with their speed. 

Archived