NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

@Sour Billy Tipton Yeah, scanned by or failed to commit that precious anecdote to memory. Damn. 

Not surprised Boston won last night. I think Bruins/Lightning will go 7 games. If Pens make it to the ECF, will be a tough test with whatever team wins that series. Bruins always have our number and Lightning match up well against us. Would be a nice rematch from the 2016 ECF that went 7 games. This time, with an even better Kucherov and a healthier Stamkos. 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Can’t believe Ovi missed that open net. 

Unreal man. Not sure how either. 

I'm in a serious dilemma with this game and the nfl draft. Gonna be abusing the flashback button. 

4 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Unreal man. Not sure how either. 

I'm in a serious dilemma with this game and the nfl draft. Gonna be abusing the flashback button. 

Yeah, I’ll be flipping back and forth as well. 

I hope you guys draft a bum. :P

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah, I’ll be flipping back and forth as well. 

I hope you guys draft a bum. :P

Lol you never know. We'll probably draft another LB for like the 6th year in a row!

Fuck I hate Tom Wilson. When he smiles a piece of me dies. 

That was indeed a typical Capitals fail. Murray was great, and the Crosby line was huge. Hopefully the extra day off gets us Malkin and Hagelin back. Thought our offense was top heavy and dependent on the first line. Need our depth back. 

They're not going to score very many goals if the shots given are shots that could be seen, particularly with Hellebuyck in net. As many shots as the Preds took, very few were up close. Which is not a bad strategy usually, especially when you have quality people taking the shots in perimeter areas. but that strategy is met with more success when more traffic is in front of the net to deflect shots and scoop up rebounds, opportunities which the Jets were steady in preventing. 

When reading the post-game analysis of the game, many writers focused too much on the shot differential and less on how each team reacted when assignments were missed or opportunities taken where someone is caught cheating the play and trying to do too much. Winnipeg was able to take advantage of Nashville miscues, while Nashville had few opportunities to do the same.

I found it amusing when I saw Subban in an interview praise how well they played. Well if your defensemen says that he's proud of not finding passing lanes in the offensive zones and instead relentlessly took outside shots easily blocked by Hellebuyck's large frame, then this season is not going to last very long.  

From the perspective of a guy who watches all their games, I thought the Jets played pretty well. They were able to withstand a prolonged attack from a powerhouse offence, and most importantly eliminated breakdowns long enough to get at least the split in the first two games. I think Nashville was shown that they can't simply rely on their firepower to beat the Jets, and will have to fight for their chances by playing a more physical game, a style which actually suits Winnipeg pretty well. 

Archived