NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This was probably the biggest reason tbh. Murray having a .908 Sv% just wasn’t going to get it done. 

And yeah that eagle celebration would have annoyed the fuck out of me if I was a Pens fan, but you guys have been tormenting them for years. 

Yeah he let some soft goals in, no doubt. That plus we couldn't score like we normally do did us in this series. I think the most goals we scored in a game was 3 in G1. Bad playoffs for Kessel, Brassard never showed up, Rust didn't score the clutch goals he has in the past and I think Sheary was a one season wonder from a couple back. Not gonna complain since we won the last 2 so I'll just sit back and be a neutral fan. 

1 minute ago, Mark Antony said:

I love the eagle celly. God forbid players have personality in this league

Lol I'm sure as a neutral fan it's great but when that spineless bastard does it against the team you're rooting for you feel a different kind of emotion. For me at least. 

22 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I love the eagle celly. God forbid players have personality in this league

That’s fair. I’m a big fan of Ovi so I’m certainly all for players showing their personality. I was just trying to sympathize with the pissed off Pens fans. :P

I'm hopping on the Winnipeg wagon for the Conference Finals. Have zero interest in seeing the Caps make it to the Finals. I don't buy into the "Ovechkin deserves a Cup" line of thinking that I've seen bandied about online. He doesn't deserve a Cup anymore than any other player simply because he's an all time great. He's been a part of a very talented team year in and year out for the last ten years that consistently shit the bed in the playoffs, this year being an exception so far (just wait for it ^_^). That doesn't make you deserving of a Cup, winning 16 games in the playoffs does.

30 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I'm hopping on the Winnipeg wagon for the Conference Finals. Have zero interest in seeing the Caps make it to the Finals. I don't buy into the "Ovechkin deserves a Cup" line of thinking that I've seen bandied about online. He doesn't deserve a Cup anymore than any other player simply because he's an all time great. He's been a part of a very talented team year in and year out for the last ten years that consistently shit the bed in the playoffs, this year being an exception so far (just wait for it ^_^). That doesn't make you deserving of a Cup, winning 16 games in the playoffs does.

Not because of him though. His playoff numbers are actually pretty good (107 points in 110 GP). He had that dunce Bruce Boudreau (who hasn’t won shit anywhere he’s coached) as his HC for years, and then he kept running into your Pens (who have 2 of the best players of this generation) every year in the playoffs. To me Ovi deserves a Cup. Best natural goal scorer I’ve ever seen (I don’t remember Gretzky in his prime), and I don’t want see him have an asterisk next to his name when he hangs them up. 

17 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Not because of him though. His playoff numbers are actually pretty good (107 points in 110 GP). He had that dunce Bruce Boudreau (who hasn’t won shit anywhere he’s coached) as his HC for years, and then he kept running into your Pens (who have 2 of the best players of this generation) every year in the playoffs. To me Ovi deserves a Cup. Best natural goal scorer I’ve ever seen (I don’t remember Gretzky in his prime), and I don’t want see him have an asterisk next to his name when he hangs them up. 

Eh, there's plenty of superstars who run into the same type of problem throughout all of sports though with the Bradys and LeBrons of the world. Being a playoff performer takes more than putting up individual points, it takes carrying your team through to victory. Until Ovi shows he can do that, he's not deserving of a Cup imo. Bringing up that clown Boudreau always reminds me of that series they did years back leading up to the Winter Classic game with the Pens and Caps where they were interviewing him and had that wing sauce all over his face...

Go Jets!

28 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Eh, there's plenty of superstars who run into the same type of problem throughout all of sports though with the Bradys and LeBrons of the world. Being a playoff performer takes more than putting up individual points, it takes carrying your team through to victory. Until Ovi shows he can do that, he's not deserving of a Cup imo. Bringing up that clown Boudreau always reminds me of that series they did years back leading up to the Winter Classic game with the Pens and Caps where they were interviewing him and had that wing sauce all over his face...

Go Jets!

Never saw that but sounds about right :lol:

Archived