NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

55 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Buffalo has to be the hardest luck sports town at this point. Lost 4 Super Bowls in a row, and I’m sure they still have nightmares about Brett Hull’s skate...

My hometown of Cincinnati is up there, too. We haven’t won a championship since the Reds won the World Series in 1990. And of course we’ve known nothing but heartache as Bengals fans. 

Agree Buffalo feels the most cursed at this point. Few cities love hockey and football as much as they do and no titles to show for it. 

As far as individual franchises go the Bengals feel as cursed as any. The Reds are strange. I know it's been nearly 30 years since their last title, but they also have enough in their history that I still tend to think of them historically as winners. 

Late to this, but congrats to the Caps fans. Every time Pens/Caps play it reminds me how much I hate them. Right up there with the Flyers for me, but can't deny they had a helluva run and a deserving team. Ovi is an all-time great and his passion is unmatched. It's great to see him hold the cup and get his name on it. Seeing everything he's been doing since the win is funny. You can see how much this means to him. Good for him. Backstrom is also very deserving of this. He's been a part of the Washington heartbreak for almost as long as Ovi. Ten years I would think. 

So the Habs continue to trade away all their best players not named Carey Price, this time it’s Alex Galchenyuk to the Yotes for Max Domi. They trade a guy that can score 30 goals a year for a guy with 36 career goals in 3 seasons...

This one looks brutal on paper. 

8 hours ago, Marko Antonivic said:

Trotz parts ways with the caps. Boss move 

Wow, the Caps are idiots for letting him get away. 

Wonder if he ends up coaching the Isles? Tavares is probably staying put, and Barzal is one of the best young players in the game. They also have Lou Lamoriello in the FO now. 

So, I don't really know what to make of the Islanders, although 30+ years of conditioning have me doubtful...

Trotz to the Islanders.

Barzal wins the Calder.

Snow finally out as well.

All of this is good, yet my hunch is that Tavares leaves and our defense and goal-tending flat out sucks.  I guess it's nice to not be the worst team in the league, but it'd be nicer to have a real chance at the playoffs...

20 hours ago, Nictarion said:

So happy for Taylor Hall. I know I’m biased but I really do think he was the most deserving of the Hart. 

Agreed. When you look at the numbers I don't think Devils sniff the playoffs without him. Had a helluva year.

9 hours ago, Marko Antonivic said:

They’re getting Mitch Korn. The best goalie coach but yeah hopefully they can snag an above average goalie. 

I just don't know there is many available.  Carter Hutton?  I guess.

Same with a D-man, just don't know that much is available.  Hopefully JT doesn't keep the team handcuffed with a delayed decision.  Go if you are going to go, but the team needs to know as soon as possible so they can make other moves...

36 minutes ago, .H. said:

I just don't know there is many available.  Carter Hutton?  I guess.

Same with a D-man, just don't know that much is available.  Hopefully JT doesn't keep the team handcuffed with a delayed decision.  Go if you are going to go, but the team needs to know as soon as possible so they can make other moves...

John Carlson. I’m actually hoping the Devils can land him if Tavares stays put. 

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

John Carlson. I’m actually hoping the Devils can land him if Tavares stays put. 

Yeah, I think there are a good number of teams that will be out for him, not sure the Islanders, even if Tavares goes, could (or maybe should?) go too far to sign him.  Then again, maybe it's actually worth more to sign him than anyone else.  Too directions this can all go, I don't think there is any way to predict until at least some pieces start falling into place.

Archived