NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

7 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Thank you.  I watched all of the videos on that link and still can't see any Flyers fans throwing beer.  I did see a bottle on the ice though.  I'm sure there were a few drunk idiots who acted like imbeciles because they're low class.

I'm just tired of Philadelphia fans consistently getting the reputation that we're all classless.  It's an old cliche media bias.  Every fanbase has their imbeciles.  And if you applied that school of thought to an entire race, you'd be classified as a racist by the majority of people.

P.S. I do agree that Flyers fans have a right to throw rally towels and bracelets onto the ice.  That was the fanbase rightfully cursing at the Flyers.  In Philadelphia, the fanbases of the Eagles, Sixers, and Phillies have always held management and ownership accountable.  The same can not be said for Flyers fans. The Flyers have always gotten a pass because they have a stupid fanbase that constantly gets nostalgic about the Broad Street Bullies, as if it occurred yesterday.  Maybe they're finally starting to wise up.  

The announcers that were at the game made it quite clear that fans were throwing full cans of beer onto the ice. Don't think they were making it up, especially since Pierre Mcguire was on the ice between the benches, and had a good view. I've heard countless stories from people who wear their teams jersey to Philly games and they get shit thrown at them. Yeah, every team has their asshole fans, just seems like more stories pop up out of Philly about it being their fans that act like morons. 

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

The announcers that were at the game made it quite clear that fans were throwing full cans of beer onto the ice. Don't think they were making it up, especially since Pierre Mcguire was on the ice between the benches, and had a good view. I've heard countless stories from people who wear their teams jersey to Philly games and they get shit thrown at them. 

Did you see any fans throwing beers in any of the videos?  Provided from this link:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/penguins-flyers-fans-trash-threw-ice-video-reaction-stanley-cup-playoffs-nhl 

As I said before, I'm sure it happened.  However those announcers that were at the game made it seem as if scores of Flyers fans were getting in on the act.  Once again the bias media regurgitating the old cliche storyline of Philly fans being animals.  And then every other fanbase took the bait.  Just look at how this thread responded with the insults to Philly fans.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yeah, every team has their asshole fans, just seems like more stories pop up out of Philly about it being their fans that act like morons. 

Exactly!  It's because of the bias media.  Some years ago, a Dodgers fan was murdered by a Giants fan in SF.  If that happened in Philly we'd never hear the end of it.

Google how the media responded to Eagles fans celebrating the SB.  Then juxtapose that with how the media passively covered previous post SB celebrations by other fanbases.  It proves how the media consistently picks on Philly fans.

Baltimore 2013:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1514966-super-bowl-2013-baltimore-police-rsponds-to-riots-following-ravens-victory

Seattle 2014 :  http://www.businessinsider.com/seattle-celebration-photos-2014-2

Denver 2016 https://www.rt.com/usa/331713-denver-super-bowl-unrest/

So It's Just a PHILLY Thing?

Okay, I can say it now we’ve tied it up...I wish the refs would just switch the white stripes to yellow, it gets a bit confusing otherwise. Like, I don’t even mind letting them ‘just play’ even if that is advantageous to the bigger/slower Bruins over our smaller/faster team, but in spite of the Bruins being the ones to play on/over the edge all series, they’ve been living on the power  play. 

The recalled goal tonight was a correct call, but we’re getting called for a lot of soft contact and they are drilling guys and no whistle. Either/or would be nice. 

9 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Okay, I can say it now we’ve tied it up...I wish the refs would just switch the white stripes to yellow, it gets a bit confusing otherwise. Like, I don’t even mind letting them ‘just play’ even if that is advantageous to the bigger/slower Bruins over our smaller/faster team, but in spite of the Bruins being the ones to play on/over the edge all series, they’ve been living on the power  play. 

The recalled goal tonight was a correct call, but we’re getting called for a lot of soft contact and they are drilling guys and no whistle. Either/or would be nice. 

I thought the zebras were actually pretty good in the game last night. A couple calls missed, but a good job in (admittedly post pro-Bruins) calls on the roughing penalties (inadvertent elbow and the Polak roughing) and reverse on the goal.

The Bruins were just way too slow on the power play at the end -- a ton of missed opportunities.

20 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Did you see any fans throwing beers in any of the videos?  Provided from this link:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/penguins-flyers-fans-trash-threw-ice-video-reaction-stanley-cup-playoffs-nhl 

As I said before, I'm sure it happened.  However those announcers that were at the game made it seem as if scores of Flyers fans were getting in on the act.  Once again the bias media regurgitating the old cliche storyline of Philly fans being animals.  And then every other fanbase took the bait.  Just look at how this thread responded with the insults to Philly fans.

Exactly!  It's because of the bias media.  Some years ago, a Dodgers fan was murdered by a Giants fan in SF.  If that happened in Philly we'd never hear the end of it.

Google how the media responded to Eagles fans celebrating the SB.  Then juxtapose that with how the media passively covered previous post SB celebrations by other fanbases.  It proves how the media consistently picks on Philly fans.

Baltimore 2013:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1514966-super-bowl-2013-baltimore-police-rsponds-to-riots-following-ravens-victory

Seattle 2014 :  http://www.businessinsider.com/seattle-celebration-photos-2014-2

Denver 2016 https://www.rt.com/usa/331713-denver-super-bowl-unrest/

So It's Just a PHILLY Thing?

Why do I have to watch the video to see if there are fans throwing beer? I'll take the commentators at their word on that. I know how these convos go with Philly fans so I'm gonna tap out on this argument before it grows another ten heads. 

Pumped for Preds/Jets and of course Pens/Caps for third year running. I don't see any change in Caps team from last year, and I think we're just as good if not better than last year with the return of Letang, and adding Brassard and Sheahan, albeit losing Daley, Hainsey and Ian Cole on D. Hopefully Malkin and Hagelin are okay. Only way I see us losing is if we just shit the bed and don't play well. Can't see that happening so I'll go Pens in 6. 

45 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Why do I have to watch the video to see if there are fans throwing beer? I'll take the commentators at their word on that. I know how these convos go with Philly fans so I'm gonna tap out on this argument before it grows another ten heads. 

Hmmm let me translate.

45 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Why do I have to watch the video to see if there are fans throwing beer?

Nope didn't see one fan throwing a beer, stay the stubborn course though.

47 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I'll take the commentators at their word on that.

Hopefully I don't get selected to jury duty after I make an asinine statement like this.

48 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I know how these convos go with Philly fans so I'm gonna tap out on this argument before it grows another ten heads.

I've got nothing.  Once again a Philly fan proves me wrong, shit.  Try and save face and walk away....

25 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Anyway...

I’m excited for our first GM7 of these playoffs tonight. Should be a good one. 

Also really looking forward to the Pred/Jets series. 

Yeah not the best first round in recent memory but glad we got at least one game 7. 

I feel like the top 8 teams this year are much much stronger than last year. Every quarter final has potential to be a war.

@Sour Billy Tipton No need to be so ass chapped. Crosby has you dogs on a leash. When it comes to the Flyers v Pens, an underdog is a whipped dog!!! 

Malkin and Hagelin out for game 1, which is also playing during the first round of the nfl draft for the second year in a row. Was hoping the series would start on Saturday. I think we can beat the Caps without Malkin but I'd rather not see that play out.

3 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

@Sour Billy Tipton No need to be so ass chapped. Crosby has you dogs on a leash. When it comes to the Flyers v Pens, an underdog is a whipped dog!!! 

So not only are you too stubborn to admit when you're wrong but you're also lazy.  Must have scanned past the comments about me not being a Flyers fan.  I can't even name 5 players on the team.  In fact I tried betting my friend who is a Flyers fan that Crosby would score a hat trick in the last game, but he wouldn't give me 15/1 odds.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:53 PM, l2 0 5 5 said:

I know how these convos go with Philly fans so I'm gonna tap out on this argument before it grows another ten heads. 

This is the one comment you've made thus far in which you should respect your opinion.

He's a PHILLY fan not a FLYERS fan. That nuance was lost in the hot, furious deluge of tears. :lol:

In other news, crazy game 7. Too much scoring and sloppy play but it's exciting as hell.

Archived